Free Misterryno!

No one else has started a thread on this so I thought I would start one.

I'm hoping that this will be some help to the Admins in deciding to let him back on the boards.

I know in the past that any banned member that makes amends and demonstrates his/her willingness to resolve their issue is generally allowed back on; and so the real measure of forgiveness lies in the offline communication between the Admins and Ryan. Hopefuly its going well.

I wanted to say that, in Ryan's defense, he is only behaving (as any one who has met him in person) as he does in real life. That is to say, he is an easily excitable bundle of energy always on the go and always looking to take on any challenges he faces. He is a stand-up kind of guy who, once you meet him, is blatently harmless. Creating another account because he can't stand being restricted for 3 days, is just the sort of thing you would expect given his high energy, playful mannerisms, and passion for Macross.

As far as any ill will, I can say that most bannings I have seen occur under harsher circumstances where members have demostrated an intent to harm others financially, physically, or discuss "taboo" topics despite warnings. Ryan's actions, though extremely bothersome, do not demostrate this level if ill intent. I would ask that the Admins consider this point (as I'm sure they already are) when deciding his ultimate fate on these boards.

I don't think that Ryan garners any real enemies here and even though there may be some that find him annoying, hopefully none find any real ire towards him.

In the end he a lot of friends here, online and offline, so anyone else who would like to speak up in his defense, please do so.

Thanks for your consideration.

I liked Misterryno and think he's a good guy but I would readily agree that MW has gotten super spam heavy lately and Ryan was definitely doing his best to keep that up. The amount of utterly irrelevant posts was creating pages of nonsense (obviously not just his but there seems to be a few other members that follow suit). I know we're all guilty of the occasional spam, and I don't think anyone should ever feel guilty of posting a comment that just says "Wow, thanks!" or "Woah, that is Suhweeet!" when it is well deserved and umpteen accolades haven't already been dispersed but reasonable limits had easily been surpassed. Too many times it seems members forget that these threads have topics and subjects that are meant to be stuck to. MW doesn't have a "Casual chat for idle hands" region for a reason, that stuff can be done at RT.com. So, I like the guy but I believe he earned his suspension and I'm a little surprised he was only given three days after continuing to spam after repeated warnings, PMs, a custom title, and Lord knows what else the mods may have tried to reign him in.

Now onto the banning. Seriously? 48 hours of no MW and the guy snaps and makes a new account? Not only that, he jokes with Hurin about taking his avatar. Ryan, WTF? All this after you saw the mods ban someone else in the Black List for having multiple accounts... it's obviously something they can figure out. So, I still think misterryno is a good guy, and I look forward to him being around again at some point, but I think like a month away or something may actually be beneficial to him. I don't think he quite got the lifetime ban that A1 had and even A1 has made his return so I hope and expect we'll see the same thing with Ryan... and hopefully it will be a calmer Ryan who posts about 25% as often as the current one. Seriously, I feel like I'm posting constantly and I think he had me beat after my nearly four years to his one.

Sorry Ryan, hope you're doing well -

EDIT - I can't count how many years I've been here.... and I'm an accountant.

Edited by jenius

I'm not entirely sure if it is or isn't a big issue. But I'd be curious to see if folks have avoided certain threads because of excessive "chatter" or because there's just too many posts to go through. I know for myself, there's a few threads that I used to love checking out that I'm a bit weary or "ho-hum" about clicking nowadays.

But regarding the 24-hour wait period, we already have a rule in place:

6. Topic Bumping.

Please do not "bump" your thread excessively. If nobody is responding to your thread, it may be because nobody is interested rather than people not seeing it. Though some bumping will be allowed sporadically (once per day), excessive bumping (several times per day) is not permitted.

Plus, if there's something you need to add or respond to in a thread, there's always the "edit" post function. It's a simple workaround, and it doesn't add another extra post to the thread.

EDIT: With a little planning, patience, and forethought, it's fairly easy to do. ;)

Edited by Mog

The admins deserve much more respect than an outburst comparing them to nazis and telling them to "piss off", and pulling a whole "look at me being abused" stunt. If anything the admins here on Macross world have been more lenient than ever. Hell Agent One is back!

The admins are here to keep the peace, keep everything smooth flowing, and keep the place enjoyable. That means locking up certain threads. That means enforcing the rules. The admins stepped in and asked people to stop spamming, and misterryno blew up.

There've been more than enough "free so-and-so who got banned by breaking the rules, having a bad attitude, and being disrespectful" threads over the years. They never do well as it just becomes a popularity contest, admin bashing, accusations of abuse of power, and so-forth. I forsee a threadlock, followed by an explanation of a number of things.

I agree with Totoro... while there may sometimes be too many one word/emoticon replies (we're all guilty occasionally), Ryan is a genuine stand up guy and has contributed alot more than spam to these boards in his short time here. i miss him already. I had a sneaking suspision that it was him that turned up a couple of days ago with a new account and almost pm'd to ask/warn him!

As for constant spam, computer mice have jog wheel for a reason :p

temporary ban, yes. permanant, i vote no. I hope he sorts things out with the mods.

His posts were annoying and very much counter to the typical style of MW. No one needs to read a ton of worthless posts that just say "Wow!" with that dumb ninja icon... you can keep that to yourself.

He ignored messages from mods, mouthed off to mods/admins and created a new account after he was banned... he got exactly what he asked for. No one should feel sorry for him.

Here's my post in the mod section about the subject:

Let's just stick with the permaban to get rid of all the drama in this section. Multiple profiles is enough for me. I still don't agree with the post whoring issue but I'm way beyond that... He PM'd me for an explanation but I don't get why someone would want to stick around after the administration as persecuted him relentlessly. I believe in his enthusiasm for Macross but all this drama kinda bugs, I just want for the staff to move on.

I was probably the one guy that stood up for ryno when all this started. I agreed with the staff when they decided to send him warning about post whoring. I thought it was going to be a slap on the wrist and never thought that permaban was even an option. But ever since the issue was raised I tried to calm the situation but Ryan kept fanning the flames even after I warned him about how the staff felt. I go away for a few days and there's new drama concerning multiple memberships. I now think that ryan is big hubbub over him and stepped over the line multiple times to keep it going. It's not about spamming the boards anymore but its about a bigger disruption all together. It's drama in the forums and drama in the mod section that really isn't worth it.

I feel like the staff is leaving it up to me whether its temp or permaban... I'm choosing permaban and I'll take full responsibility over the decision.

Thanks!

I liked Misterryno and think he's a good guy but I would readily agree that MW has gotten super spam heavy lately and Ryan was definitely doing his best to keep that up. The amount of utterly irrelevant posts was creating pages of nonsense (obviously not just his but there seems to be a few other members that follow suit). I know we're all guilty of the occasional spam, and I don't think anyone should ever feel guilty of posting a comment that just says "Wow, thanks!" or "Woah, that is Suhweeet!" when it is well deserved and umpteen accolades haven't already been dispersed but reasonable limits had easily been surpassed. Too many times it seems members forget that these threads have topics and subjects that are meant to be stuck to. MW doesn't have a "Casual chat for idle hands" region for a reason, that stuff can be done at RT.com.

I'd agree with that. Though I've been known to stir up some trouble once in awhile (cmon a little drama keeps things interesting), there has been alot of inane chatter lately, particularly in the episode threads that make them unreadable. I can see why given the new series attracting excitement, ect. But its still distracting, to the point there are three or four members who I will just ignore their posts because I'm pretty sure it won't be worth reading. Now its started to spread a bit across the forum, but there are plenty of good areas, like modeling (since I frequent there the most.)

This isn't intended to be criticism of the moderation team. I think they do a great job and I appreciate how the forum has been run over the years. In my experience, I know how it is a thankless job. Its hard to balance between heavy handedness and laissez faire. Misterryno probably wasn't the worst over time but given from how he acted after the warnings, I think it was deserved.

I'm hoping once the series is over the boards might return towards normal.

Sure, we all stir up drama and go off topic once in a while, it's bound to happen intended or not, occasionally.

Plus, if there's something you need to add or respond to in a thread, there's always the "edit" post function. It's a simple workaround, and it doesn't add another extra post to the thread.

While you and I seem to be friends of the Edit button, it isn't too uncommon to see others who make a post, then another post, then sometimes even a third post, especially when they're directing comments at other members (as often happens in the spam-laden threads). It works something like this:

1) Member A: Oh my God, I fart!

2) Member B: I pooed today!

3) Member C: I pooed in Eugimon's Omega Pants!

4) Member D: Yeah dude, I smelt it.

5) Member D (again): I totally pooed also!

6) Member D (yet again): Your mom is in Eugimon's Omega Pants!!!

Seriously.... there just isn't enough STFU to go around sometimes but I also view the forum from work quite a bit so I assume that my more serious work attitude coupled with the 5 minutes I have to scan through topics makes me a little more finicky. I also know that my pissing matches with Exo and Hurin probably didn't make for fun reading so I've been shrugging off the spamming for a long time and now that I've vented for a moment I'll go back to ignoring it when it pops up.

I hope that Ryno's Permaban doesn't hold and he convinces the mods to change their minds and comes back still exhuberant and passionate toward Macross but a little less apt to spam and with a better feel for when it's time to back off the mods. Failing that, I do hope to still hear from him on other forums and sites...

Well, from the what Hurin and EXO have said, I can see why the permaban was put in. It bothered me at first that misterryno was banned because I can think of a few people off the top of my head who have been far more disruptive and down right trollish in their behaviour...

but still, hopefully the mods and misterryno can come to some agreement. sure he spammed, but he also contributed to many conversations and he was a staple in the various toy gallery threads.

I think all Ryan needs to do is stop digging a deeper hole. Creating new user account when all he got was a couple of days ban, and when at least a quarter if not more of the members here are at least sympathetic to his "plight" was over the top.

I think that ultimately - he needs to be the one to convince the mods to let him back in. I publically defended him, but I do also think that he could have showed a bit of restraint - particularly dealing with mod warnings.

I've had a few topics closed (IMO "for no good reason") and gotten a couple of "I'm angry with you" PMs from some people during my time here on Macross World.

If I wanted to - I could have pounded my proverbial feet and cried whaa whaa Nazi! --- but I didn't, because on balance I am happy here and I feel that I am respected and given lots of room for creative participation and that the forum is an enjoyable and well run place.

EVERYWHERE you go that is outside of your own house you will have to deal with other people and - surprise surprise- they might not like EVERYTHING about you.

Either you get over that accept it and move on because it's still cool to hang with these people or you don't.

I sincerely hope Ryan just apologizes to the Mods.

In fact - if he's reading this - and dude - you know I trust and respect you since we have completed some transactions and you are a stand up guy:

be a stand up guy - apologize to the mods and to Hurin - not even because you accept that they are "right" - apologizing mainly means that you want to put aside who is "right" and "wrong" and just get back to having fun together.

There's nothing deamining in doing this and it is far more constructive than creating new user accounts.

If you keep antagonizing the mods - people will soon forget about all the cool and enthusiastic stuff you've done and you will develop a reputation as the guy who called mods Nazis and created multiple accounts.

I agree that this is melodramatic - and everybody - especially you Ryan - needs to calm down.

I personally agree with your approach and if I were runnign the forum - I wouldn't mind 4000 smily faces and "dude that's cool" interspliced with others stuff.

But we're a community - and people have different tastes. We have to give and take a little bit. So - again - just apologize to the mods and that would probably go a long way to bringing you back.

Pete

I remember a certain annoying member who was temp banned as well and created another account and he/she is now back too, and I feel that he is even MORE annoying than misterryno. But, I feel that if the mods are lenient again on this issue, being banned is no longer viewed as a proper punishment but a simple annoyance. I applaud the mods for taking a stronger stance in this matter.

Edited by kensei

I'd like to know if any comments by members in this thread will have any effect on the decission to let Ryan back in or not?

He's a nice guy and VERY enthusiastic about the Macross hobby.

The powers that be have been very leaniant when it comes to spamming and off-topic posts and he should have taken the warnings seriously when they were issued. And he certainly shouldn't have called people nazi's! Think before you post that kind of poo dude, that's just stupid, digging your own grave like that.

My vote goes to letting him back in, but he'll need to change his attitude towards the mods.

I'm not entirely sure if it is or isn't a big issue. But I'd be curious to see if folks have avoided certain threads because of excessive "chatter" or because there's just too many posts to go through.

I would be one of those folks. While I never felt it was worth filing a complaint about, I definitely lost the motivation to post in certain threads because all I would see were dozens of smileys and the same people parotting the same (un)funny jokes at each other. This sort of behavior has occurred in MW before, but it's becoming less the exception and more the norm.

I'm hardly ever on this board anymore, I just keep tabs on the model and sales section (seeing the comments in his sales thread lead me here), and i could care less about this guy, or the fact he's banned or gets un-banned, but I know this... learn to suffer fools; to tolerate other people that aren't like you, act like you, think like you, etc; it's part of real life, you're doing yourself a disservice by pushing or blocking this type of person from your everyday instead of learning to deal with them, in real life and on the web. Imagine "banning" your boss from your life, or putting your mother in law on "ignore", would it get you anywhere? It's the lazy easy way out.

He's SOOOO enthusiastic and energetic about Macross and this site? Why don't you guys use this to your advantage? Get him involved in a MW webpage project, or give him an actual responsibility on the site, etc. Seems from what I read he'll give you 100% effort and say "thank you sir, may I have another".

Edit: here's a suggestion for a responsibility; as part of his "parole", he's made the Official MW Spam Sweeper - he's responsible to browse through ALL the threads, checking the daily posts, and to mark the ones that fit the definition of a SPAM post. The marked posts would generate into a daily report sent to the mods, one of whom could review it before deleting the SPAM posts in bulk. If anyone has the brilliant idea of spamming on purspose to give him more work, he could flag the behavior to a mod for them to review and deal with, etc. This place would be squeeky clean in no time.

Edited by Viceland

I'm chiming in from my self-imposed exile of this place to give my support to Ryan. I've been a member of this community for 8 years and I've never seen the mods and other members so harshly go after someone who is obviously a super-excitable fan. I think he has every right to post as many "That's cool!" posts as he wants and if you guys don't like it, is it really that hard to just igore and scroll past? I find the constant petty bitching about the minutea of imperfect toy design far, far more maddening, annoying and dreadful than someone who likes to express his delight in enthusiastic ways, but you know what? I can ignore it for the most part. But apparently continual complaining is more favorable to the community than continual remarks of satisfaction.

So many of you brand Ryan with "SPAMMER!" and "TROLL!!" yet you refuse to acknowledge that he has contributed things to this site that a true spammer or troll wouldn't take the time to do. Ryan has contributed multitudes of photos, reviews, constructive comments and smooth transactions in sales with other members. I've rarely, if ever, seen him make a negative post or comment on a personal level against anyone. It's obvious he loves Macross, it's obvious he loves the toys, it's obvious he loved having a group of people to share his sentiments with. The guy even went to the last MW Con. If he's ticked off at how he was treated and is acting irrationally or irresponsibly, I can understand that. Anyone who has had something they love taken away from them unjustly can understand that.

As far as I'm concerned those of you involved in banning the guy and generally making unwelcoming remarks about him should be ashamed of youselves. I never thought I'd see such petty, elitist behavior from this forum (directed at toys, yes, at people, no), especially on such a large scale, but there it is. I've shared many, many hours of enjoyment here over the last 8 years, but the winds have changed and I don't feel comfortable here anymore nor do I feel the sense of community.

One question for Ryan: After being treated this way, why would you even want to come back?

Edited by eriku

Edit: here's a suggestion for a responsibility; as part of his "parole", he's made the Official MW Spam Sweeper - he's responsible to browse through ALL the threads, checking the daily posts, and to mark the ones that fit the definition of a SPAM post. The marked posts would generate into a daily report sent to the mods, one of whom could review it before deleting the SPAM posts in bulk. If anyone has the brilliant idea of spamming on purspose to give him more work, he could flag the behavior to a mod for them to review and deal with, etc. This place would be squeeky clean in no time.

Let's see how this would look if Ryan (@ 4000+ posts) were to comment on this within a 2 minute time frame, or less:

Post 1

Hmmm...

Post 2

I like your idea.

Post 3

^_^

Post 4

No. Wait. :huh:

Post 5

Do I?

Post 6

:wacko:

Post 7

More responsibility and the ability to use more smileys?

Post 8

:lol:

Post 9

:blink:

Post 10

I love you Viceland and Eugimon's Pants!!

Post 11

:rolleyes:

***Don't get me wrong, Ryan is a nice guy, but I really don't need to see this type of commenting all over the threads. There is reason behind the madness of the mods.

okay, then what about the 4 pages of "eugimon's pants" that took place during the yf-21 thread? where was the lock down and ban hammer? What about the long ass leash for BoB and his venomous attacks, not just against yamato, but against anyone who disagreed with him?

If the mods were more consistent about what offenses attract their ire, I think more people would understand... but it just seems random. I've had one person personally attack me (and both times he was completely wrong in how he read the situation) but I've never received an apology from him, had a mod intercede on my behalf, nor was he banned for his rather vicious attacks against me. And yet misterryno gets a custom title and a stern talking to because of too many smileys? Doesn't seem fair.

But like I've said, the spammed accounts and the trollish behaviour with those accounts, that's something else... but even then, I don't think it warrants a permanent ban. There are people who engage in far more disruptive behaviour and if anything is done to curb their behaviour, it hasn't been made as public and as personal as it was against misterryno.

Agreed Eugi.

In Fact, (sorry to go O/T) the thread in question (hikuru doll pics) was locked and one of the mods showed what i thought was shocking behaviour by posting his final comment directed at the guilty parties which was fine, but then decided he hadn't had enough and posted another final blast a short while later. I know its a mods priviledge to post in a locked thread, but it read badly in his favour. like "ha, you must read what i say and no you cant post a retort at all because you cant post in a locked thread" I was actually on the fence until then... i was so angry i almost pm'd him to tell him that the last post was too far and unnecessary. So who mods the mods?

anyway, i am sorry for going off on one here. I agree with a temp ban for the one word/smiley spam posts and and the extra account thing was very foolish of him. As mentioned by someone else previously, what actually does my head in is reading one yamato vs. bandai debate, it fade away... a couple of pages later it the same goddamn debate... how about people that should learn to read previous post before re-hashing the same arguments posting the same crap time after time? Like i said before, THE JOG WHEEL IS YOUR FREIND!

I didn't know he was gone. Although I have not been here so much recently due to being away working overseas. All I can say is don't multiple post just use the edit button, hell most of my posts do just because of spelling mistakes etc.

Hope he comes back he was alright to me.

I for one know what bans can be like. I have been banned from a couple of sites in the past Although RT.com (more than once) and Xbox.com dont really count as important. Whats worse is a forum that manages to change your log on password and the mods cant be bothered to get back to you and help you by resetting your password. At least the mods here are all "normal people".

I'm hardly ever on this board anymore, I just keep tabs on the model and sales section (seeing the comments in his sales thread lead me here), and i could care less about this guy, or the fact he's banned or gets un-banned, but I know this... learn to suffer fools; to tolerate other people that aren't like you, act like you, think like you, etc; it's part of real life, you're doing yourself a disservice by pushing or blocking this type of person from your everyday instead of learning to deal with them, in real life and on the web. Imagine "banning" your boss from your life, or putting your mother in law on "ignore", would it get you anywhere? It's the lazy easy way out.

He's SOOOO enthusiastic and energetic about Macross and this site? Why don't you guys use this to your advantage? Get him involved in a MW webpage project, or give him an actual responsibility on the site, etc. Seems from what I read he'll give you 100% effort and say "thank you sir, may I have another".

This guy hit the nail on the head! I like he idea of turning this behavior into an advantage for the site.

We are all here because we love Macross. I would guess that most of us, myself included, are obsessed with macross and inspired with macross, the series, the characters, the mecha, the toys, models, customs, the art and Shoji Kawamori, etc. . .

Many of us who are "overly enthusiastic" fans spend a large portion of our lives reading, looking, and commenting on macrossworld even in risky situations where our job or our relationship may be at stake.

I have never intentionally spammed but sometimes I get really excited and speak my mind quite a bit here (maybe too much for some people's taste).

It makes me sad to think that Ryan's positive influence here including substantial contributions like custom WIP threads, great sales, photo poses, as well as his positive way (I have also never seen him be personally venemous), and his good sense of humor, all be overlooked and disregarded. I personally like Ryan and like to have a little bit of comic relief during my work day, getting a little off topic with him here. I consider him a friend but I have never met him in person.

However I also understand the critisms that people have. <insert "opinions" joke here>

Anyway, I am sure that my vote does not mean much, but I vote to get him back at some point.

EDIT: (for additions)...

This whole situation also is making me feel like my posts are not welcome and for the last week I have been more hesitant to post my thoughts thinking that they will be hated and considered spamming. It is probably all in my mind but from my side I feel a bit unwelcome, self-consious, and outcast. And I am not even the one being banned but I have a feeling that I am included in that group of people that "followed Ryan and spammed too". (I know, "Get over it dude! and be a man! you little wuss!" is probably the appropriate response to my comment). Anyway, I probably spend too much time on this forum anyway. But yeah, I feel like now I have to walk on eggshells.

Edited by miriya

As a Ryan supporter I would say this:

NO BODY SHOULD FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE TO WALK ON EGG SHELLS.

He got banned because he went overboard in the Hikaru thread and hurled "Nazi!" comments at the mods.

I wrote half a page of calm reasoned arguments in his defense and he folllowed up with a thank you to me and a piss off nazis to the mods - kind of negating my calm, non-personal attack points...

I really think that if he just apologized to the mods then it would be ok.

He has so much positive energy - and it is understandable that energy can sometimes overload a person - that's fine. We all have the right to go overboard and make mistakes.

Again - apologizing does not mean admiting deep down to yourself that you were "wrong" - apologizing is about acknowledging that someone ELSE felt bad because of something you wrote/did.

It's a sign of "peace dude" and a gentlemanly thing to do.

I never felt cramped and after this episode still don't feel cramped at Macross World.

Maybe there's something I don't know - but I was in the Hikaru thread and saw it develop and defended him from the initial warnings...

And he just went overboard against the mods.

If the mods were nazis - I would have gotten warned and banned too because I wrote half a page defending Ryan's writing style and his way of expression.

But the fact is - Ryan just got overly emotional - that's how I see it.

It's good that lots of folks want him back - I do too - I hope Ryan also wants to come back and shows some class and just apologizes to the mods.

Mods have feelings too. If you hurt them - just say sorry dude. No big deal.

Pete

I really like the idea of using Ryan's positive attitude, energy to help around MW in some way. Crap, I really wish I had a better system over at my site so I could bring him on to help.

Miriya, it's a good thing to second guess yourself occasionally as to whether or not what you would write needs to be written (and I'm not saying this specifically to you but to everyone in general). Don't let that diminish your enjoyment of anything though and there's no need to think you're going to be persecuted if your post seems silly.

Ryan sent me an email recently - I reprint the pertinent parts here:

----------------

Pete,

Hey there. Thanks for getting back to me on the thread. I will have to talk to you more about it later for I am very busy today at work.

I did want to tell you that I was able to write EXO and also spoke with Hurin about what has happened and was not able to get ahold of any other mods. I would like to make an "apology" but have no means to. I also sent a letter to the email that is provided for trouble not being able to get on for the forum admin. and have heard nothing back. I have done my duty and tried. Please keep me up to date. THANKS!

----------

I responded to him:

Hi Ryan,

I will go ahead and post the pertinent parts of your email on the forum in the thread that is ongoing on your subject. My advise to you is to be patient. I imagine that the mods will not just let you back immediately - but if you are later able to get in touch with them and everybody just calms down and you can repeat your apology to them then hopefully that will help.

Thanks,

-----------------------

My opinion:

If he has really gotten in touch with Hurin to apologize and is willing to generally apologize - then I hope the mods and others will be lenient with him and let him back to the fandom or on some kind of probation eventually.

In any case - hopefully this can be the first step to resolving the situation in a way that is apologetic and respectful to the Mods and to those Fans who were annoyed by what they considered spam.

Pete

NO TO THE PERMA BAN!!!!

Yes he acted out toward mods with the name calling...bad taste..but mods dont take it personally.

Yes he made a new account..worst of his offenses....for which he should get temp ban..sorry bro..

(consider it his rock bottom, he had to have it)

Is limiting his posts possible? Maybe like 3 a day...

Maybe there should be a rule...post must be like 3 real sentiences to qualify... but even this seems too strict..

HE did post alot, but come on, really?, like many said just scroll though..

His enthusiasm for MACROSS is just what we needed...it seemed that everyone was getting

"ho hum" bored about Macross world..nobody's updating the main page..model section???toys??

Same dozen or so people contributing to the threads...everyone just lurks...

If you met him you would either like him or <_< .

He's kinda like Mystery Science Theate3000... You are either gonna get his sense of humor or not.

IMHO he's a funny, enthusiastic, animated guy. ( how i would be if i wasn't so serious and depressed :lol: )

LET him back on the Macross,,it's cold in space....maybe let his toes get a little cold to teach him a thing or two but don't leave him floating...(anyone remember- HAL?? HAL ??? OPEN the bay doors HAL!!!HAL??)

I'm chiming in from my self-imposed exile of this place to give my support to Ryan. I've been a member of this community for 8 years and I've never seen the mods and other members so harshly go after someone who is obviously a super-excitable fan. I think he has every right to post as many "That's cool!" posts as he wants and if you guys don't like it, is it really that hard to just igore and scroll past? I find the constant petty bitching about the minutea of imperfect toy design far, far more maddening, annoying and dreadful than someone who likes to express his delight in enthusiastic ways, but you know what? I can ignore it for the most part. But apparently continual complaining is more favorable to the community than continual remarks of satisfaction.

The mods have repeatedly said his spamming WASN'T the reason he got banned.

I love how quickly you guys have been ignoring what the mod's have actually said, in your attempt to scream "MARTYR!"

The mods have repeatedly said his spamming WASN'T the reason he got banned.

I love how quickly you guys have been ignoring what the mod's have actually said, in your attempt to scream "MARTYR!"

calm down dude, no one is screaming martyr. Everyone, every single last one of us have agreed that misterryno crossed the line and that he provoked the mods and that the account spamming was just plain wrong. We're just saying that we feel he wasn't a troll and that he did contribute meaningfully to the board and that he should be allowed to eventually come back.

If you're not able to discuss the matter without resorting to hyperbole and rhetoric, maybe you're too close to the situation.

calm down dude, no one is screaming martyr. Everyone, every single last one of us have agreed that misterryno crossed the line and that he provoked the mods and that the account spamming was just plain wrong. We're just saying that we feel he wasn't a troll and that he did contribute meaningfully to the board and that he should be allowed to eventually come back.

Now that this has been established and everyone has agreed. Why not lock this thread and be done with it.

Hopefully, we'll see a Ryan in the future.