Why can I only acess the site by using a proxy?

Hello, macrossworld admins. For some reason, when I try to access the site, I get a page load error-

"Network Timeout

The server at macrossworld.com is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance."

But if I go through a proxy server, I can pull up the forum with no problem. What causes this?

eugimon: Pretty sure the problem is not related to DNS. If he has DNS problem, he wouldn't able to access the internet at all.

I suspect it's ISP problem, which unfortunately we couldn't do more from our ends.

maybe, but I would get similar messages when I use comcast's default DNS. I could access any site BUT macrossworld. After I changed to using openDNS, no more problems.

It could be your router. I have a similar problem as well (I started a thread about it a while back). I can access the site when I'm connected directly to my cable modem. I have problems, however, when I'm hooked up to my router (Linksys WRT54GS v.7) I only have this problem with Macross World. I've yet to get a new router, so I have to use a web proxy to access MW when I'm at home.