Macross Frontier Final Episode Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

392 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Anyone got a smoke...and some pants?)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I waited 25 weeks just for this... crap?)

The difference is, as I told you, Sheryl's face in episode 24 is a closer shot than in ep. 25. Her head occupies the whole height of the screen in the screenshot of ep. 24, while it was only a third of the screen in the screenshot ep. 25.

FV

Argh, I want to at least respond to this, before stopping. ^^

Sadly Crusader didn´t include the most obvious screenshot, but here is the next best comparison.

mf25-090.jpg

macrossf24080.jpg

edit <facepalm> Somehow the important first pic doesn´t show. Oh, man... :blink:

Let´s just ignore this topic from now on. :wacko:

Edited by magnuskn

RE: SherylxAltoxRanka

Based on simple observation of other... shall we say... similiar situations, I think we can deduce a few things-

"You, <double take>, both of you are my wings."

Just a simple way of saying that he NEEDS both of them... note his lack of using the word love- in fact, he almost never refers to his own feelings of love throughout the whole series. He is emotionally damaged goods, with a mother who died when he was young, and a father who was distant and demanding. He has obvious difficulties with the very concept of love.

He wants to love, and despite his need to protect Ranka, his first instinct is towards Sheryl. If for no other reason than he is a teen male, and she is the more developed mating partner. There are aspects of the personality of both girls that he has issues with- but Ranka's (while he retroactively respects the outcome/goal) were severe enough that he was willing to kill her if needed. That alone would take some time to get over.

Until all three are fully mature, he would (IRL) just bounce between the two, with whatever physical effects being aimed at the one more ready/willing to reciprocate.

The likelihood of either AltoxRanka or AltoxSheryl becoming a H.E.A. tale is slim, and can not even be guessed at who the final winner would be because they are all still too young, and have not fully developed into who they WILL be someday.

===

So in conclusion, shippers need to stop worrying about a fictional character's lovelife.

It will work out however it works out in the final piece that SK produces which contains those characters.

Until then, its all masturbation with someone else's inkpen.

=================================

I already told you people what Macross Frontier Galaxy Movie will be about...

Actually, that will be the new movie...

Using new fold capabilities, and the unprecedented communications leap,

Macross frontier is urged by Bilrer and others to seek the Megaroad.

The search is joined by the 11th fleet, which Myung and Isamu moved to in order to escape the past.

But a horrible fate awaits them inside FOLD SPACE ITSELF!!!

Fold space overcomes time and causality, and the Megaroad was transported into the midst of the 'final battle' between the Protoculture and Supervision Army- Which is STILL happening inside a bubble of fold space!

In order to end this ancient war once and for all will take thhe human heart, and song. Specifically, the song of

Minmai! Myung! Basara! Mylene! Ranka! Sheryl! And at its conclusion you see the fold space bubble fall apart, setting adrift the birdman millenia in the past, while the ASS-1 falls out of it a few seconds/millenia later

RE: SherylxAltoxRanka

Based on simple observation of other... shall we say... similiar situations, I think we can deduce a few things-

"You, <double take>, both of you are my wings."

Just a simple way of saying that he NEEDS both of them... note his lack of using the word love- in fact, he almost never refers to his own feelings of love throughout the whole series. He is emotionally damaged goods, with a mother who died when he was young, and a father who was distant and demanding. He has obvious difficulties with the very concept of love.

He wants to love, and despite his need to protect Ranka, his first instinct is towards Sheryl. If for no other reason than he is a teen male, and she is the more developed mating partner. There are aspects of the personality of both girls that he has issues with- but Ranka's (while he retroactively respects the outcome/goal) were severe enough that he was willing to kill her if needed. That alone would take some time to get over.

Until all three are fully mature, he would (IRL) just bounce between the two, with whatever physical effects being aimed at the one more ready/willing to reciprocate.

The likelihood of either AltoxRanka or AltoxSheryl becoming a H.E.A. tale is slim, and can not even be guessed at who the final winner would be because they are all still too young, and have not fully developed into who they WILL be someday.

===

So in conclusion, shippers need to stop worrying about a fictional character's lovelife.

It will work out however it works out in the final piece that SK produces which contains those characters.

Until then, its all masturbation with someone else's inkpen.

=================================

I already told you people what Macross Frontier Galaxy Movie will be about...

hmmm... I like this theory... combined with my own, it makes perfect sense B))

They are not "horrible" per se, but the animation is of inferior quality than comparable character animation in the whole of episode 24. It doesn´t make much sense ( at least to me, apparently I am the only one ^^ ), that for the very last minutes the animation should dip so considerably. As I already said two times, why go out on a low note, animation-wise?

Would someone *please* address the actual issue I am raising, instead of making spurious remarks about "paranoia" and such? It seems a bit unlikely that their budget just ran out for the last three minutes.

Wasn't there a Macross F animation quality thread somewhere? :rolleyes:

Why, yes, sir, there was. :)

Macross Frontier Animation Thread

Now you boys have fun now, y'hear? ;)

yup, let's move along. there are lots of other stuff from this episode worthy of discussion like how luca's rosy cheeks came back when ozma was scolding luca for not calling him captain, or beercan missiles (i'm SURE there's one in there somewhere), or that brera is now kenshin himura.

woah. until you pointed it out, i didn't notice. So it was Ozma all along? Nanase was just a front? haha. :lol:

A while back (i forget in which thread), there was a short discussion about there being SW-1 but no SW2, and what it would take for a conflict to be considered a SW2.

Considering the Vajra managed to reach and (almost) attack Macross City on earth (and Macross 11, and I presume other fleets), do you guys think this will be labeled SW2?

A while back (i forget in which thread), there was a short discussion about there being SW-1 but no SW2, and what it would take for a conflict to be considered a SW2.

Considering the Vajra managed to reach and (almost) attack Macross City on earth (and Macross 11, and I presume other fleets), do you guys think this will be labeled SW2?

It probably won't be tagged as SW2, since the Vajra that came to Earth and Macross 11 weren't actually shooting, as far as I can tell. Most likely the Vajra's public appearance will just be like the Sharon Apple Incident, but in the case it will be called "The Vajra Incident." :ph34r:

It probably won't be tagged as SW2, since the Vajra that came to Earth and Macross 11 weren't actually shooting, as far as I can tell. Most likely the Vajra's public appearance will just be like the Sharon Apple Incident, but in the case it will be called "The Vajra Incident." :ph34r:

yeah, you're probably right. :)

but if in the movie, it does come out that there was a full-blown attack on Macross City and earth, it might still be labeled.

"The Galaxy Rebellion"

Well I can imagine Basara sortieing to deculture the Vajra at that time.

Just to add to his record of Protodevlin, Meltradi and Space Whales.

Basara whose name also means Vajra will teach them Rock Song.

Imagine him shooting his Song Energy at them.

As much as I love Macross 7, let's not go there.

Graham

I have a headache from catching up on this thread and reading nothing but pages of shipping discussion. Ick. I'm as fond of on-screen romances as the next guy (well, maybe more than the next guy), but it's almost like in these last few pages, nothing else happened in the episode.

Anyway, I'm hoping everyone's decided to just let it rest now. :) My own stance on the whole matter is pretty much the same as Gubaba's.

I guess one problem with this being the final episode, is that there's no logical place to end the discussion. :)

Well I can imagine Basara sortieing to deculture the Vajra at that time.

Just to add to his record of Protodevlin, Meltradi and Space Whales.

Basara whose name also means Vajra will teach them Rock Song.

Imagine him shooting his Song Energy at them.

YAKK DECULTURE!

Or is the proper term around these parts

BOMBAAA :ph34r:

Edited by d3v

The kanji used for Space War I is the same as the one used for World War 1 (except for one kanji, which changes things from earth (not Earth) to space.

Therefore, the conflict would have to be on a similar level - the majority of the human territories would have to be involved with great destruction. Varuta? Vajra? Neither fit that bill.

It would really be hard to have an incident labeled SW2. As sketchley mentions "the majority of the human territories would have to be involved with great destruction". The whole point of the space colonization program was so that humans would never face "near extinction". SW2 would be an epic war that would dwarf SW1.

It would really be hard to have an incident labeled SW2. As sketchley mentions "the majority of the human territories would have to be involved with great destruction". The whole point of the space colonization program was so that humans would never face "near extinction". SW2 would be an epic war that would dwarf SW1.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. ^_^

Although I would imagine that if earth were threatened again, that would be important enough to warrant the designation.

It's kind of sad to think that macross will never again be as apocalyptic as the first series and DYRL were...on the other hand, it shows that Captain Global knew what he was doing when he ordered the Long-Range Emigration Fleets.

Ok fine it was edited to show a different ending. Ranka/Sheryl would have won the triangle but to appease the hardcore Sheryl/Ranka fans, SK edited it to be <insert your interpretation here>.

IMO they probably wanted to keep the ending a secret for fear of it being leaked out. They probably did the last few minutes with a limited number of people and with people that are not part of the regular animating crew. That's probably why it seems different. Heck, maybe SK did some of it himself.

Edit: and with this post it makes the count top the 900 mark. I wonder if any other thread in MW history as gotten so large this quickly?

Edited by sharky

Seriously, with all the mixing they were doing at the end, I was surprised they didn't throw in a Macross 7 song or have Basara referenced a bit.

I see... rocking the galaxy is only cool when you call it something else like ... "fold waves." :p

Good ending, hope they explain a bit more over time.

Seriously, with all the mixing they were doing at the end, I was surprised they didn't throw in a Macross 7 song or have Basara referenced a bit.

I see... rocking the galaxy is only cool when you call it something else like ... "fold waves." :p

Good ending, hope they explain a bit more over time.

Little does everyone know, Fold Waves are effected by Anima Spiritia, "The Galaxy Is Calling Me" set the presedent ofr that with the narration after Basara moves the sunflowers with his song. Point being..

HA HA HA, KAWAMORI SLIPPED SPIRITIA INTO FRONTIER & YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE!

(directed at no specific person(s) here)

Edited by Keith

Little does everyone know, Fold Waves are effected by Anima Spiritia, "The Galaxy Is Calling Me" set the presedent ofr that with the narration after Basara moves the sunflowers with his song. Point being..

:lol: actually, when they showed the screen display of Ranka's fold waves overlapping with the Queen's, i already had a geppelnitch-basara showdown from the final episode vibe.

That was Emilia actually. Fifth daughter of Max and Millia.

Her song reached all the way from Veil to Macross 7.

In fact fold waves can explain why Song Energy can be detected from across the galaxy.

Radio is too slow and there is no air in space.

In the Galaxy is Calling Me it is said to be a dimensional anomaly that hit the Macross 7 fleet.

A powerful fold wave.

Which makes me think that Chiba and the 177th fleet were working on similar fields.

But Chiba made the most innovations like the emotion index. He got a primitive version on the unlucky Gamlin.

The difference that fold quartz work on a different frequency.

So is Bilrer in on it with Grace or not?

Bilrer wanted Grace's plan to succeed because he wanted to connect with Minmay across time and space. Does that make him an accomplice in the murder of thousands? He's also pretty much the war profiteer, the war being a 'crusade' (as Leon puts it) to get Fold Crystal ([OIL]).

This guy is the real secondary bad guy.

That's not the impression that I got...

Episode 24: Bilrer, "Soon...soon...I'll be able to meet you".

Episode 25: Bilrer closes photo of Minmay with sadness.

Bilrer is a Macross fanboy AND has his own "toy" (SMS) collection. Shoji Kawamori's in-joke at us. ;)

That was Emilia actually. Fifth daughter of Max and Millia.

Watch the beginning again, Basara moved those flowers! After that the whole deal of wave motion through the universe is explained.

Crafty Kawamori, did he have an inkling of Frontier's story 11 years ago?

Watch the beginning again, Basara moved those flowers! After that the whole deal of wave motion through the universe is explained.

Really now?

Remember it was Mylene who was trying to move the Sun Flowers while Basara was snacking.

The reason basara ran off is that he notice the Sun Flowers moved. He recognized the noise as a song.

Took Doc Chiba's sound detector to trace the source.

Also Gepelnitch also detected it from his ship.

Macross 7 has nothing to do with Macross Frontier, other than it takes place within the same continuity.