Macross Frontier Final Episode Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

392 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Anyone got a smoke...and some pants?)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I waited 25 weeks just for this... crap?)

I think it is. IIRC, Hikaru only lost two birds in SDFM.

Four, actually (Hikaru lost the 1D in the second episode, his first 1J to Breetai while onboard the Nuptiet Vergnitz, his 2nd 1J to Rolli, Konda and Warera during the Miss Macross contest, and his third 1J to Misa's flubbed Daedalus attack while on Earth). Hikaru's still the king.

Great ending episode. I had several "Oh Carp!" moments while watching. I didn't mind the lack of a resolution to the love triangle, just because I wasn't really that wrapped up in that particular aspect of the plot. The Vajra being basically in heat actually makes a lot of sense now within the context of what we've been shown. As Duke has been saying, this does seem to limit somewhat the connection to the events of Mayan during Zero... however, there is still a link there that has not really been explained.

With regard to Dicky B., it does seem as though he thought that he might get to meet Minmei via the connection of the fold network. Maybe Dicky knows something we don't.

Overall, I quite like what this series gave us. On to the movie!

Edited by Hiriyu

Hmmm, can't believe Sheryl got slapped

I wonder if I'm the only one who felt sorry that poor Grace got whacked... that was also most unfair.

That slap was payback for all the Sheryl lovers/Ranka haters....ain't it a b#tch! :lol:

No, I too felt bad for Grace. She was one of the best looking characters in the entire series, and I was hoping that Ranka could snap Grace out of her evil ways before she got whacked, but it was not to be. She, did die with some grace (no pun intended), when looking down the barrel of the rifle there was a look of recognition on her face; it was as if she thought: "I know I've got this coming!" Really sad but we knew it was coming. At least we got to see her birthday suit in cyberspace before she left us! ^_^

Edited by aerocombatpilot

Wait, can we get a list of machines Alto busted? There's the VF-25 lost in ep7 inside the Vajra ship and the one lost in the final. Are you referring to the VF-171 he lost too?

Lelouch too can match up - 1x Burai (busted multiple times), Gawain and Shinkiro, plus any random machines he dumped. But like Ozama said - "Why are given expensive machines? To fight? No, to survive."

Edited by YpoCaramel

That slap was payback for all the Sheryl lovers/Ranka haters....ain't it a b#tch! :lol:

No, I too felt bad for Grace. She was one of the best looking characters in the entire series, and I was hoping that Ranka could snap Grace out of her evil ways before she got whacked, but it was not to be. She, did die with some grace (no pun intended), when looking down the barrel of the rifle there was a look of recognition on her face; it was as if she thought: "I know I've got this coming!" Really sad but we knew it was coming. At least we got to see her birthday suit in cyberspace before she left us! ^_^

The slap was another sheryl/ranka role reversal. If ppl didn't already realise, the whole show had these 2 girls switching roles throughout the series. And few eps ago sheryl slapped ranka to knock sense into her, now its Ranka's turn to return the slap, few times fold (pun not intended).

As for Grace, who's to say if she's really dead or not. She might've just downloaded her mind elsewhere again. "I'll get you next time, Frontier". XD

I was hoping for her to say "PROTOCULTURE!!!" when Alto fired...

Now that was a Macross ending. But what I love was that Birler had a Minmay picture. :)

Well, don't we all have one. :p

WTF??!!!! I thought she had bigger boobs than that!!! :lol::D

When she started ripping off her clothes I was thinking "whoa baby!" :D

And, then she got all tentacled and vieny and then I was thinking "eewww!" :o

BTW, why is Grace still wearing her glasses at the end? I assumed it was simply part of her disguise so people wouldn't know her true nature.

Well, just a thought.. they did say the Vajra were from another galaxy originally. What actually called them to ours? Or, are there swarms throughout multiple galaxies, and this group just happened to migrate to ours?

I guess the problem is cause and effect related... Aimo is a Vajra mating song, so when they heard it, they came. But here's the catch.. where did humans get it from, if not from contact with the Vajra?

Do we know for certain the Vajra and Protoculture aren't related? I guess it can be assumed, since if the PC knew about fold quartz to begin with, the whole story would've been a whole lot different. But.. I guess my thought is, what if the PC themselves were not restrained to this galaxy? Or, could they have come into contact with the Vajra in the past, and recorded Aimo somewhere that Mao discovered while looking for Sara and Shin?

That sure felt like you meant ill to all Sheryl fans regardless of how they viewed the slap Sheryl made. Which of course I personally didn't want to see Sheryl throw in the first place. What would be better is if you said "payback for Sheryl" instead of the fans :\

Well, don't we all have one. :p

When she started ripping off her clothes I was thinking "whoa baby!" :D

And, then she got all tentacled and vieny and then I was thinking "eewww!" :o

BTW, why is Grace still wearing her glasses at the end? I assumed it was simply part of her disguise so people wouldn't know her true nature.

In fact why is she in her "manager" wear when she entered the queen. Shouldn't she be in flightsuit? :huh:

Grace? Coming back again? Like Michael? Hahhahhahaa

They are both wandering in the fold network now.

;)

Holy cow guys. Holy effing cow! That episode had so much stuff it was like daaamn. I couldn't keep up.

I'm also glad the triangle wasn't resolved ;) No pairing fans all TOLD YA SO to others yanno? No need for MORE animosity, esp. towards Ranka!

And Grace got owned. I love the whole homage to Michel with Alto using his sniper rifle! Awesome. And yes plz for a Macross F movie! I'd so see that.

Also: subs nao please!

That sure felt like you meant ill to all Sheryl fans regardless of how they viewed the slap Sheryl made. Which of course I personally didn't want to see Sheryl throw in the first place. What would be better is if you said "payback for Sheryl" instead of the fans :\

I stand corrected. That was payback for Sheryl. It's still a b#tch!! :lol:

Yub Yub, Commander. *ROFL*

Wraith Squadron's resident Ewok "pilot"? ;)

Man...that episode was some awesome, I had to de-lurk.

I love the M+ reference when Alto is remote controlling his VF-25. Overall, it was great, though I feel some parts are really rushed.

Although we see Grace being destroyed, having her connected to the Vajra fold network, she may have had a backup made somewhere. Probably she'll redownload herself to a new body that remains in the Galaxy fleet, with all the knowledge / abilities she got while connected to the network, and lead Galaxy as the main enemy in sequels...

Bring on the Macross 7 / Galaxy Patrol / 727th VF-X Ravens!!!! The rebels must be crushed...

Well, just a thought.. they did say the Vajra were from another galaxy originally. What actually called them to ours? Or, are there swarms throughout multiple galaxies, and this group just happened to migrate to ours?

I guess the problem is cause and effect related... Aimo is a Vajra mating song, so when they heard it, they came. But here's the catch.. where did humans get it from, if not from contact with the Vajra?

Do we know for certain the Vajra and Protoculture aren't related? I guess it can be assumed, since if the PC knew about fold quartz to begin with, the whole story would've been a whole lot different. But.. I guess my thought is, what if the PC themselves were not restrained to this galaxy? Or, could they have come into contact with the Vajra in the past, and recorded Aimo somewhere that Mao discovered while looking for Sara and Shin?

Mao had the fold quartz earring even back at Macross Zero. It is posible that the Protoculture had made first contact with the Vajra.

There is hole in the history of the Protoculture. 500,000 years ago their civilization fell because of their Civil War and the Protodeviln war. The Zentradi turning on them was supposed to finish them off.

Around 10,000 years ago the Birdman came to Earth. All records about Earth was supposedly lost with the survey ship 500,000 years ago.

I can only think this could be what Bilrer meant that Fold surpasses time and casuality. Perhaps through the Vajra the Protoculture was able to find the world they were supposed to colonize. That generation of Protoculture was able to contact the survey ship that was destroyed. Through a similar manner Bilrer was hoping to contact the Megaroad 1 before it disappeared.

The twist in the end with Brera is that there appears to be a Mayan stone carving on the Vajra planet.

WOW!!!!! What an ending!!! What a finale!! I admit it was a little rushed in some ways, but exciting non the less!! All our characters make it safely, Leon's ass get busted!! Grace gets blasted into space dust, Rankas brother gets his mind back and helps Alto!! The Vajra help out The Frontier fleet. One of the best macross series (TV, OVA's & Movies) so far, only the the original TV series still holds #1 for me. But this one definitely gets a 9 out of 10 rating!! :)

And the Monster at the end that Grace was in, Was that basically what the Birdman was or some sort?? Either way awesome!!

Go to www.veoh.com to see some descent downloads, doesn't get as much use as other sites, you should be able to see it just fine there!!!

Now that I have an HD raw, yep, it's a animation hiccup. BF lost the gunship when BG hit it. It probably put up a PPB to block the main body but it definitely lost the gunship. So having it mysteriously reappear at the end means they gotta fix it on home video, if they fix it.

-I don't think Grace is dead. That body she dropped in there wasn't real. And considering she could just download to a new one, I don't think this is the last we'll see of her in this franchise. She'll "grace" us with her presence again.

-I think Alto deserves an award for most damaged VFs in a show.

-I find those who wanted a resolution to the triangle and were disappointed funny (yeh, I'm reading those posts on AS.com). All those people who wanted a resolution to this, English and Japanese fans, you should have known he would pull this.

Time to get ready for that other big mecha show starting next week.

WTF with this huge ass blown out resolution RAW's??? it's taking forever for me to download, specially since my retarted internet provider limited my bandwidth to 512kbs for exceeding my allowed bandwidth limit every month.... asshats!! damn!!!

3 freaking hours to finish... ugggg!!!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Did anyone else think it was clever that so much of this episode's imagery was seen on both Openings? (Ranka and Sheryl flying through fold space, Battle Frontier with fleet/Koenig Monster in front, the multiple triangles) I guess Kawamori really did have this ending all planed out. :lol:

little sidestep...

what happens to the galaxy fleet? the lost BG... and a lot of their ships were with BG...

I guess a lot of the Galaxy fleet was blown away. But I think some escaped. Still, as someone mentioned, their actions could possibly isolate them from NUNS.

By the way, did anyone else notice a lot more people linked into the Fold Network with Grace? They could be more of Galaxy's inhabitants.

That's one of my only gripes with the show, Galaxy was always in the shadows. We never really got to know them.

Great episode and finale. Thanks to whoever uploaded episode 25 on YT. I missed the last third due to the cut stream. ^^

I love the mecha pron and it didn't disappoint. Macross Galaxy launched so many Ghost-9 fighters to make Guld keel over 10 fold. :p

I'm not surprised about the "unresolved" triangle though since Alto's true love is flying the sky. If Sheryl and Ranka want him for their own they have to match that or at least coincide with it. Sheryl was on the right track though but encountered a big bump when she got sick.

My only frustration is that Leon didn't get his agonizing death from Grace or Vajra. I'm still hoping he will as his penalty for his coup to seize power.

Now there is news for a movie release. I just hope its a sequel and not a retelling though that won't be bad. There's still a lot of unanswered questions but some I suppose are best left as that.

I really hope that the movie doesn't give us a cheap rip-off of the Cowbop episode "Feng Shui Boogie".

I have images of the Frontier gang contacting Hikaru et al only to have the signal cut out as we hear some inspirational stock dialogue from sdf or Dyrl.

I guess a lot of the Galaxy fleet was blown away. But I think some escaped. Still, as someone mentioned, their actions could possibly isolate them from NUNS.

By the way, did anyone else notice a lot more people linked into the Fold Network with Grace? They could be more of Galaxy's inhabitants.

That's one of my only gripes with the show, Galaxy was always in the shadows. We never really got to know them.

We did not see their main colony ship. Also Galaxy's people aren't necessarily in Galaxy itself.

Remember they said implant technology is widely available and accepted.

Now as I've written in my fanfic that gives room for infiltrators. Willing or not.

Just finished watching the ending.. im on the fence about it.

I bet understanding some the dialogue will help but still..

Lots of weird stuff that seemingly made no sense, or seemed to be just a quick way out to explain things.

IE ranka saving sherylHow did that happen? How did ranka know how to do that? What made all those triangle images of them? Were they real? How is alto in this "dream" state with them? Isnt he in the middle of a battle? Whats up with all that 2001 space odyssey imagery when grace plugs in to the queen? what does that mean? Is it a queen? Is it a bird man? Whats the Zero connection? What happened to leon? What happened to all the vajra after the battle? Why did the vajara just stop attacking frontier? Did ranka control them? Why did they change colors all the time? Why did sheryl change colors all the time? Where is the rest of galaxy fleet? Is grace really dead? Who were the other voices in her head? WTF is up with Dicky B? What is up with Minmay in his locket?

I could keep going..

SO MANY QUESTIONS

Macross 25 = Macross with attention deficit disorder

Okay, putting aside the plot for a while; This episode was really entertaining: Great animation, sounds effects, excellent seiyus, and beautiful execution. I was on the edge of the seats during the whole episode which rarely happens for me :o!

Overall, simply one of the best series I've seen in my life. Some may be disappointed at alto's indecisiveness but to be honest I like how all three became even greater friends (I wouldn't want sheryl or ranka to be left out b/c alto chose one of them). I love the happy ending; no bittersweet ending for me

Episode is full of music <3!!

Just finished watching the ending.. im on the fence about it.

I bet understanding some the dialogue will help but still..

Lots of weird stuff that seemingly made no sense, or seemed to be just a quick way out to explain things.

IE ranka saving sherylHow did that happen? How did ranka know how to do that? What made all those triangle images of them? Were they real? How is alto in this "dream" state with them? Isnt he in the middle of a battle? Whats up with all that 2001 space odyssey imagery when grace plugs in to the queen? what does that mean? Is it a queen? Is it a bird man? Whats the Zero connection? What happened to leon? What happened to all the vajra after the battle? Why did the vajara just stop attacking frontier? Did ranka control them? Why did they change colors all the time? Why did sheryl change colors all the time? Where is the rest of galaxy fleet? Is grace really dead? Who were the other voices in her head? WTF is up with Dicky B? What is up with Minmay in his locket?

Okay... in order:

She made the V-type germs retreat into her inestines where they're harmless.

Who knows? Responsive to her songs?

Background effects.

See above.

Because of the earring.

Yes he is.

It's her getting connected to all the Vajra, connecting with inifinity if you will.

It was the queen.

No.

Mao nome.

He got arrested.

What do you mean happened? They're still there.

They stopped attacking because of Ranka's song.

See above.

To give a visual clue to whose commands they were following. Queen-connected Grace, or the singing.

Do you mean when she was cured? She was cured. During the singing? Stage effects.

Unknown.

Probably?

Some of the top brass from Galaxy.

Unknown. Perhaps some will be explained in the movie.

You need to ask? He's a Minmay fan extraordinaire. Probably one of the original Zents who had his life turned upside down by her song.

Just an odd side note about Macross Frontier: Also referred to as Macross 25, The VF-25, it was the Macross 25th anniversary, 25 episodes long and it all ended on September 25th. just something that ran across my thoughts. :unsure:

Edited by 505thAirborne