Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Who knows, but the simplest explanation I think is just that the Vajra are the weapon the Protoculture use for 'judging' their creations. Regardless as to the moral hypocrisy (Judging creatures for making war when the Protoculture themselves fell apart from civil war), I think it'd be a lot more efficient to deploy one Vajra queen to observe and obliterate possible 'threats' to the Proculture than to waste a fleet of more intelligent Zentradi which could be used better elsewhere.

Who knows, but the simplest explanation I think is just that the Vajra are the weapon the Protoculture use for 'judging' their creations. Regardless as to the moral hypocrisy (Judging creatures for making war when the Protoculture themselves fell apart from civil war), I think it'd be a lot more efficient to deploy one Vajra queen to observe and obliterate possible 'threats' to the Proculture than to waste a fleet of more intelligent Zentradi which could be used better elsewhere.

You have an interesting definition of "simplest." :lol:

It says the Protoculture created the Vajra to mine it, defend it from Protodevelin/other half of civil war, and that they're another unattended project?

or the Vajra existed before the Protoculture and they based all the technology on them.

It says the Protoculture created the Vajra to mine it, defend it from Protodevelin/other half of civil war, and that they're another unattended project?

There is something I hadn't thought of before, but they've done nothing to set it up. Protoculture honey bees, so to speak. This idea is far less fan fiction-ish than most I've heard, but with one episode left, they have next to no room to maneuver.

Everytime I hear someone say "Birdman", I wonder if they actually watched Macross Zero. Then again, we are talking Kawamori, he can retcon it anyway he wants.

Edited by Duke Togo

The worst part is that I can so easily see that in my head.

worst yet, at the end Alto will rescue Ranka, they will join Sheryl, Alto is going to start saying something and then goes to the end credits cutting him in mid sentence.

Ok, two plausable theories somewhat based on the next ep description bablefished from the official page.

1:Bilner is assumedly Zentradi by all appearances, hasn't been developed even remotely as a character, has no apparent ties to any other character shown in the series, so just who the hell would he be waiting to see? Minmay of course. If he were in some way related to Ranshe/Mao, you'd think he would have reacted somewhat to Ranka's appearance in the fleet. But absolutely nothing. Most plausable answer would be the Zentradi messiah, aka Minmay. That would also fill the role of the siilhouette that appears on stage on Frontier.

So after all this, Bilrer was just another Dr. Chiba?? :lol:

Another possibility: A Protoculture Birdman crashes/is left on the Vajra homeworld. They start poking around/studying it and end up accidentally devolving/evolving (all a matter of POV) into what we see them as today.

sounds like something from the first Star Trek movie. ;) but hey, i can see how it's possible.

but... isn't that like the "flower of life" accidentally evolving the invid?... *runs for cover* :ph34r:

Another possibility: A Protoculture Birdman crashes/is left on the Vajra homeworld. They start poking around/studying it and end up accidentally devolving/evolving (all a matter of POV) into what we see them as today.

Better yet, that "Birdman" crashed only 50 years ago, carrying a certain Mayan priestess.

VF-171 = downgraded to workhorse cannon-fodder fighter, upgraded with fly-by-your underwear add-ons using duct tape and abc dimension-eater gum

VF-25 = state of the art, brand spanking new fighter

VF-27 = state of the art strike fighter used by cyborgs that can pull insane maneuvers

After starting out piloting the VF-25, the VF-171 feels and handles like a piece of poo for Alto.

Edited by Sumdumgai

VF-171 = downgraded to workhorse cannon-fodder fighter, upgraded with fly-by-your underwear add-ons using duct tape and abc dimension-eater gum

VF-25 = state of the art, brand spanking new fighter

VF-27 = state of the art strike fighter used by cyborgs that can pull insane maneuvers

After starting out piloting the VF-25, the VF-171 feels and handles like a piece of poo for Alto.

Bah, that's because Alto poor piloting skill, look at Gamlin, he took a CF VF-11 and he beat the crap out of Varauta.

So Alto really is better than Ozma? ;)

On par would be better to say i think, but Ozma knows more tactics and tricks; although Alto learned from Ozma so Alto likely knows quite a few of them already as well as making up more as he goes along. He has after all made leader at this point, I really like how they gave him the opportunity to lead without killing off Ozma.

I have another question(sorry if it's been asked before), but why do the Vajra have spaceships? I mean they are bugs that can fold space so why do they need ships. Not only that, but who built them? Did they build them or have they taken them from somebody else? :huh:

best guess is that the ships are like bee hives, and they provide better weaponry than idividual vajra.

and as far as we can tell the vajra ships grown and are living things just like the smaller vajra.

best guess is that the ships are like bee hives, and they provide better weaponry than idividual vajra.

and as far as we can tell the vajra ships grown and are living things just like the smaller vajra.

yup, they may not be "ships", per se, but simply big-ass Vajra that can carry other smaller vajra inside them.

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but why does Nene kept calling Klan "sister" on this episode? I never heard that before on the previous ones... :blink:

It is like sempai only close..er. (Don't know if Nene is yuri)

It suggests that Nene looks up to Klan.

Klan being the big sis of the trio now duo. (Raramia! Why did have to die!)

Funny that Hirano Aya who voices her who is also Mina played Konata in Lucky Star.

Konata being an Otaku made a spoof on Maria-sama ga Miteru in one episode.

Oh Haruhi-sama they'll figure out I'm a fan!

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but why does Nene kept calling Klan "sister" on this episode? I never heard that before on the previous ones... :blink:

she call her that when Alto and Mikhail were punching each other. it is like a Meltran sorority sisterhood or is Nene's last name the same as Klan's?