Macross Valkyries scales

meninge

THANKS! I like it. It really helps me visualize how all the 1/60s will correspond with one another. Now I can figure out just how big the VF-11 and others should be.

My suggestion....add a VF-25.

:ph34r:

YES, i want that vf-25 but dont have the side view, i was looking in other topic (very nice work) and the view is not complete, but i like the work! soon i think, i!ll put the rest of all the fighters that i have!

Talos, your size chart is interesting, Why dont you put some color on that fighters???

:D

Ironically enough, I did something like this earlier this morning with some of the Valkyrie's I've worked on.

That's a nice chart as well. I like how you incorporated the ghost in there. Can you add a VF-1 with booby ducks?

That's a nice chart as well. I like how you incorporated the ghost in there. Can you add a VF-1 with booby ducks?

I haven't started any VF-1 variants like that. All I have so far is the baseline DYRL VF-1A and VF-1J. Eventually I'll get to things like that though.

As for the VF-0s, I did all four variants with the Ghost booster attached (VF-0A/B/D/S).

mmmmm, what ghost???? :o

booby ducks??? mmmmm explain me that Please :huh:

OK!! :D

He's talking about the QF-2200A Ghost booster attached to the VF-0A in the size comp I posted. As far as the Booby Duck, it's referring to FAST packs mounted on the VF-1.

Talos--if your VF-11 is still "in progress", I'd suggest checking out all the other lineart for the tailfin shape---the much-publicized "side view" completely conflicts with every other drawing and animation. I did a quick variant showing "official sideview, vs how it looks in every other drawing and animation". (tailfin should be bigger too, but I didn't get around to rescaling it)

PS--love your "all 4 Zero variants" drawing.

Meninge is a friend of mine, also he's a member of my team, "SDF-Crew" :D

He had made many proyects like this, so I hope that he share it with MW members.

Welcome Meninge!

Edited by cool8or

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJ!!!! speak of the devil!

Gracias señor por la bienvenida y la introducción!

Y asi es , muchos proyectos.... y este era uno de mis favoritos y que mejor lugar que este para lucirlo!!

Y ya he visto muchas cosas geniales que me ayudarán bastante para completarlo!!

Talos--if your VF-11 is still "in progress", I'd suggest checking out all the other lineart for the tailfin shape---the much-publicized "side view" completely conflicts with every other drawing and animation. I did a quick variant showing "official sideview, vs how it looks in every other drawing and animation". (tailfin should be bigger too, but I didn't get around to rescaling it)

Thanks, David. Yeah, it still is a work in progress. It's been in that state for at least 6 months or so, I put it aside to work on other VFs since one of the guys here has done a lot of VF-11 profiles. I was and still am intending to use the modified tail fins, but when I go that far in my drawing, I couldn't find that picture at the time. I remember the thread discussing that a while back. In the short term though, I have another VF-4 finished, and two more nearing completion, plus I still have to work on my VF-21 Schwalbe color profile base too.

Hmm, thinking about it, I'll go ahead and post that VF-4 I have done in the color scheme thread. I intended to wait until I got a couple more done, but that'll take a few days. I was really happy how well the Ghost+VF-0s came out. It was a complex piece and took a lot of work. I especially enjoyed the VF-0B and VF-0D with FAST packs and Ghost, since I love doing versions like that.

Edited by Talos

He's talking about the QF-2200A Ghost booster attached to the VF-0A in the size comp I posted. As far as the Booby Duck, it's referring to FAST packs mounted on the VF-1.

:lol: ....Thanks for fielding that for me! I was a bit caught up with the days activities. As for Booby Ducks...I just.......prefer.......that expression ^_^ .

Meninge is a friend of mine, also he's a member of my team, "SDF-Crew" :D

He had made many proyects like this, so I hope that he share it with MW members.

Welcome Meninge!

As you say...

Welcome Meninge!

What this I hear of a "SDF-Crew"?!? :huh:

I'm gonna go Google that right now and see what comes up while waiting for you to reply to this. Are you like a Dance Crew?!? That would be the bomb!

ah... finally. a thread we can point to when the noobs ask why a certain valk is 1/60 and 1/48 but the VF-0 is bigger... yadda yadda!

Thanks!

EXACTLY my sentiment my good man ^_^

Talos, your size chart is interesting, Why dont you put some color on that fighters???

:D

Whoops, forgot to reply to this. The reason there's no color in these is that I draw the lineart in Microsoft Publisher and then take it into GIMP and apply color and shading, which takes a LONG time to get looking good. For example, here's three of my current projects. Only the VF-4 is done.

vf4fb2012skullav0.th.pngf14fjasdfbluejk3.th.pngvf21sidenj8.th.png

THANKS! I like it. It really helps me visualize how all the 1/60s will correspond with one another. Now I can figure out just how big the VF-11 and others should be.

yeah, but acording to the toy thread, SK's retconing the VF-11's size to be about the same as the YF-19

so this chart's off.

mmmmm, what ghost???? :o

booby ducks??? mmmmm explain me that Please :huh:

well, here is the second part:

fighters2xj0.gif

The same scale as well!!

OK!! :D

what is that last one? :blink:

yeah, but acording to the toy thread, SK's retconing the VF-11's size to be about the same as the YF-19

so this chart's off.

mmmm, and where you see this????

the last fighter is the vf-5000.

And i think you pick the wrong chart, JAJAJAJ!!!

But if this info about the vf11 is true, i thank you. I'll make a new chart with all correct.

AAAAAHHH, one last thing, the sizes of all fighters are in the new un spacy overtechnology page and i took for references.

Lets also not forget that Kawamori is still determining the true size of the VF-11. :ph34r::rolleyes:

Never realized that the VF-0 is that huge. It's as big as the YF-21. I want to see the SV-51 and VF-25 in the comparison.

Also what programs do you guys use to do these little drawings with?

I do the line drawings for mine in Microsoft Publisher 2003 and the coloring and shading in GIMP. I'd guess that he does his in MS Paint, perhaps.

Well, the truth is that I am use several programs but.... the elemental thing is made in Paint!

I'm very happy for the help and the technical data you bring to me!!!

Please... give me more!!!!

Ah, I thought I recognized it. I have a lot of friends who do work in Paint, so it looks familiar. Feel free to use any of my profiles I do, color or lineart, to help with yours, like to add the Ghost to the VF-0, for example.

Likewise, any people who want to colorize my drawings are more then welcome to. I can provide better quality and larger ones to anyone who wants them.

OHHH, yes thanks, I already use them, but I have a little problem with the VF-0D + ghost, i can't find a picture with the right colors and the two of them. Maybe i leave it and paint only the vf-0d alone.

mmmmm, i want to make a petition, to you Talos or anyone, I need the side view of the metal siren, The VF-19 custom (BASARA's) and the VF11 MAXL (Mylene's) to complete my chart!!!!

Right Now, i'm working to add new side views to my chart and the fighters that already mentioned still missing to me.

Thanks talos !!

I found the same image 20 minutes ago, and I'm painting the zero D like that scheme, but not so detailed, Just like my chart's fighters, but i think is not too bad at all.

THANKS talos, the image is too good for the task!

And what about my request???? PLIIIIIIIISSS!!!

Spanglish translation:

Plis = Please :rolleyes:

JAJAJA = HAHAHA :lol:

Sorry, I don't have scans of paiting guide... :huh: