Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Froy said:

Watch around minute 7:15

Dunno if that counts as a weird place... I mean, they're talking about the development of the N64 and its launch titles, and GameTek DID (try to) develop a Robotech game that was supposed to be a Nintendo 64 launch title.  That was Robotech: Crystal Dreams.

It was the usual 90's Robotech story... a small-time company with a very limited talent pool picked up the license, made overly ambitious plans, promptly failed, went bankrupt, and the next small-time company to pick up the license cancelled the project.  GameTek got as far as a brief playable demo and a licensed comic book that cribbed a lot of art from DYRL? before they went under and the new licensee Ocean Software canned it just a few days after the demo debuted.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gendo Koun said:

I don't know where exactly to put this, but this is what I found randomly while searching anime  on Google 

image.png

Kawamori did the mecha designs in this show.  I remember seeing them launch drones where the ones they used looked exactly like the Ghosts from Macross Zero. 

12 hours ago, Beltane70 said:

Kawamori did the mecha designs in this show.  I remember seeing them launch drones where the ones they used looked exactly like the Ghosts from Macross Zero. 

oh, that explains why that jet look oddly familiar with later Valkyrie and share some resemblance of VF-9

On 12/29/2023 at 1:46 AM, Devil 505 said:

The Swedish Air Force must be big Macross fans, since they built their own version of the Sv-262 over 60 years before Macross Delta even aired. 😋

J_35F_1972_(cropped,_removal_of_damage_a

It's so weird how the Swedish produced so many indigenous fighters. I was mildly obsessed with the Saab Viggen in school, I thought it was the coolest thing ever and demanded the model kit. !

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2024 at 6:35 PM, Keith said:

This isn'y really news, but OMFG is it amazing.

Right, I'm rolling on the floor trying to shut my laughter at nearly 5 am right now