Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

Macross DYRL is in Bamboo Blade: Episode 7. Tamaki's kendo sensei gives her a laser disc of Macross DYRL as a gift.

post-7534-128495970028_thumb.jpg

This was the last anime I expect to see Macross to me shown in.

Nice find. It takes keen attention to detail to catch these details.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Sheryl and Ranka cosplayers...watch this.

Life In A Day "Anime Otaku in Tokyo" (english subtitle)

Their travels start around the four minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAtmtKnoCGM

Yeah i just checked that out after it was linked on another forum. Not really the weirdest place to see something Macross related, though still a fun watch.

Odd. Of all the pictures that they would use, they used that one. One would think that they would have used a character from one of the larger/more popular series...

I can understand why it's not SDFM or DYRL. But why not M7 or MF?

Odd. Of all the pictures that they would use, they used that one. One would think that they would have used a character from one of the larger/more popular series...

I can understand why it's not SDFM or DYRL. But why not M7 or MF?

The exhibit focused more on Western science fiction over the years. I think anime just got a nod because it only became widespread relatively recently. Unfortunately, whoever made the exhibit probably took a random bunch of sci-fi anime to display there. For example, there were models of a mech from Five Star Stories and Char's Zaku and Sazabi from Gundam, but not the first Gundam itself.

http://www.empsfm.org/index.asp

'>

http://www.empsfm.org/index.asp

Think of it this way, if there was something more familiar/extravagant from Macross, a certain U.S. company would be all drama queen about it.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother was recently house shopping and in one of the houses that him and his wife loved (which they are now purchasing) the owner had various 1/60 vf-1 yamato's posed around the house and an unboxed 1/48 VF-1. When my brother put in an offer on the the house I had him ask for the valkyries to be included but the owner (who is already in Hong Kong) wouldn't sell because they are too precious to him.......I guess I can't blame him :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UN Spacy Logo

One of the biggest construction company here in the Philippines

its holding company

UN Spacy Logo

One of the biggest construction company here in the Philippines

its holding company

I see that all the time on the expressway and I still failed to make the connection... <_< So, can Big West sue DMCI now? :lol:

Edited by valkyriepilot