Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

A company that makes advertising products, uses the UN SPACY logo as their logo here in Mexico. I guess the owner is a huge fan of macross or something like that, because is a very large company. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

You'll know when you find it......

(and yes, there are TWO mistakes this dude has made. One is really obvious and the other is not.)

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

You'll know when you find it......

(and yes, there are TWO mistakes this dude has made. One is really obvious and the other is not.)

Taksraven

first I lol'ed at "japanimation" then i raged at "robotech_frame.jpg"

Aw, hell no.

post-7650-1267404245_thumb.jpg

No, this was not taken in the 90's; this was taken just last friday. <_<

This is from a fast-food chain, and that's their equivalent of a McDonald's Happy Meal.

:blink:

What chain is that? What bizarre demographic do you live in?

first I lol'ed at "japanimation" then i raged at "robotech_frame.jpg"

Good work at spotting his mistakes. Anybody here going to email him with a correction. (Like he'd care though.)

Taksraven

Aw, hell no.

post-7650-1267404245_thumb.jpg

No, this was not taken in the 90's; this was taken just last friday. <_<

This is from a fast-food chain, and that's their equivalent of a McDonald's Happy Meal.

What?? No way?? I was just in the Philippines a few weeks ago and never saw this. Not like I'd get it because it's Robotech, but might have enticed me to try the kiddie meals in addition to the various breakfast offerings.

YUM Burger anyone? :p

What?? No way?? I was just in the Philippines a few weeks ago and never saw this. Not like I'd get it because it's Robotech, but might have enticed me to try the kiddie meals in addition to the various breakfast offerings.

YUM Burger anyone? :p

Might be a new promo. I only saw it the first time over the weekend.

This is one for all you who are able to get the BBC's Eastenders. In Ian Beal's Cafe there is an arcade machine. on said machine is the Macross scrolling shooter from the 80's. its been in the show for years and you can often see it, most notably when the Tuna head screen is showing. I wonder if they know its worth. Oddly recently there was a fire/explosion in the Cafe, I feared the worse, but after it rebuild the only original thing is the arcade machine. Cant find a picture of it but its there.

I was watching Andrew Zimmern eat strange things on the Travel Channel, and in this particular episode they played the song Yanyan from Macross Zero's OST 2 in the background. It made me happy, but sort of freaked out. Also, this really has very little (nothing at all) to do with Macross but since it's kind of sci-fi or whatever... I was watching The Milla Jovovich movie The Fourth Kind and it all takes place in a village called Nome, Alaska. That's about it for my Macross related sightings.

This is one for all you who are able to get the BBC's Eastenders. In Ian Beal's Cafe there is an arcade machine. on said machine is the Macross scrolling shooter from the 80's. its been in the show for years and you can often see it, most notably when the Tuna head screen is showing. I wonder if they know its worth. Oddly recently there was a fire/explosion in the Cafe, I feared the worse, but after it rebuild the only original thing is the arcade machine. Cant find a picture of it but its there.

Damn! I never watched Eastenders, but if I'd known that 6 years ago when I lived in London, I would've raided the set in search of that machine!

Good to hear it's still there. Great find! B))

Aside from MAME (which doesn't count, and still has no sound emulation anyway) I've only ever played it in an Akihabara game centre once in 2001, and it's long gone now.:(

Edited by Renato

When I recently visited Manila, I went into a car accessories shop called Blade and they were playing an acoustic version of "Totsugeki Love Heart." And when I went to Hong Kong last year, an electronics store was playing "What 'bout My Star? (@ Folmo)".

Dude, is that the Blade shop the one in Robinson's mall Metroeast (cainta/pasig)? Coz I heard the exact same thing! If you heard it from the exact same shop, then that means one of the personnel there is probably a fan (much to the chagrin of everyone else, i presume). But if you heard it from another branch, then the owner is most likely a fan, and he's ordering everyone to "PLAY TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART ALL THE TIME OR I'LL FIRE YOU, YOU BASTARDS. BOMBA!!!" :p

Dude, is that the Blade shop the one in Robinson's mall Metroeast (cainta/pasig)? Coz I heard the exact same thing! If you heard it from the exact same shop, then that means one of the personnel there is probably a fan (much to the chagrin of everyone else, i presume). But if you heard it from another branch, then the owner is most likely a fan, and he's ordering everyone to "PLAY TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART ALL THE TIME OR I'LL FIRE YOU, YOU BASTARDS. BOMBA!!!" :p

It was at Greenbelt I in Makati.

oh well, I did see a huge pile of macross and gundam models in a clothing store in ueno. kinda odd but not wierd compared to the rest of japan.

Kinda related: I saw a bunch of, believe it or not, Southern Cross models (ATAC Armor: Bowie, Adrzej, and Charles) at a CD in Kita Senju a couple of years ago.

This is probably old news but the directors commentary to District 9 has Neill Blomkamp referencing Macross (through his familiarity with Robotech) when discussing the style of the missile swarm launched from the Prawn Exosuit. Nice little Macross fandom affirmation :)

• 3 weeks later...
...Aside from MAME (which doesn't count, and still has no sound emulation anyway) I've only ever played it in an Akihabara game centre once in 2001, and it's long gone now.:(

Au contrere, mon frere! Sound in SDF Macross has been supported in MAME for years now.

Sorry for the OT.

This is probably old news but the directors commentary to District 9 has Neill Blomkamp referencing Macross (through his familiarity with Robotech) when discussing the style of the missile swarm launched from the Prawn Exosuit. Nice little Macross fandom affirmation :)

Aha! The Itano Circus will achieve total domination of the cinematic world in a few years... :)