Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

Not sure if this is a direct reference to Macross, but on the back of a Revell snap together Apache helicopter:IMG_20200902_164522.jpg.58ecc051a46a46dffa550f1ae7758638.jpg

IMG_20200902_164514.jpg.c77113bf69cac4f9226396bb9321b884.jpg

Personally I have never see these markings on an Apache, but if it does exist out there, someone please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, big F said:

Very random.

unless it is for Halloween, do you do Halloween in Argentina?

We have, but without the "children get candy from stranger houses" thing... too dangerous for that.

Only parties and stuff.

Edited by Gerli

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just now spotted - by absolute chance since I only glanced up from this computer while posting here - a VF-1S Roy chunky monkey on the floor of a child's room in the present delivery scene of Arthur Christmas!  Lemme see if I can find a clip...  Yup, @2:17:

• 5 weeks later...

I have a winner.

Macross music is listed and was present on a tape recorder buried down in a hole at a remote area where human bones were found.  A trend of missing people has continued at this location in Japan.  A very creepy true story. The mention of the Macross music is at 4:20

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snWvNkJCCs8

Edited by Ridden001
Grammar: capitalized “Macross” and caught and corrected a run on sentence.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not necessarily the weirdest place as the series features lots of Macross & Studio Nue cameos, but Episode 9 of Orguss features the salvaging of a VF-1J or VF-1D from an old battlefield. There's also a Studio Nue Chimera sitting on a table aboard the Glomar in the scene immediately preceding it.

orguss_vf_salvage.jpg

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Shawn said:

In the 80's movie Spies Like Us, jump to 3:14 or you can see it on HBO Max.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0dXDKalVc

See those 4 white greebles?

image.thumb.png.af8f93a0d8f17ead1bc6eebea6ec7883.png

Them be VF-1 Legs from a Macross model kit! :) 
(Movie was released 1985)

image.thumb.png.b1fae17b7aaf5fdd92799788bbfbe4d6.png

And in the front, are some VF-1 Shoulders

Both I am thinking from the 1/144 Imai kit, will need to check!

image.thumb.png.227a050309c67728c11f7c1cc50c82c7.png

Must have gone to the Star Trek School of Greeblies (U.S.S. Stargazer)...

I was in Barnes & Noble the other day and came across a book on drawing chibi-style anime characters. Much to my surprise the cover, both front and back had various Macross characters on it. It had Minnay in her DYRL dress, Mylene, Ishtar, Sara, and a VF-J on it. 

16 hours ago, Beltane70 said:

I was in Barnes & Noble the other day and came across a book on drawing chibi-style anime characters. Much to my surprise the cover, both front and back had various Macross characters on it. It had Minnay in her DYRL dress, Mylene, Ishtar, Sara, and a VF-J on it. 

What book?

10 hours ago, Beltane70 said:

Unfortunately, I don’t remember the title. I tried finding it on the B&N website, but don’t see it listed. 

Was it this one? Unfortunately, it doesn't show the back.  This page shows some macross stuff inside tho.  Here we go, Amazon has more pics.

Drawing Cute Manga Chibi: A Beginner's Guide to Drawing Super Cute Characters81ZaeR3S8sL.jpg

81KtCUFFFFL.jpg

Edited by Pontus

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...