Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

On 9/28/2018 at 4:36 AM, sh9000 said:

A13B812C-25C1-437B-8C52-EFEBD5129476.jpeg.759b935a2eedbda1f537dc8195eb58d6.jpeg

9B54CB95-E494-4DF1-9B67-26B042A550C3.jpeg.bb42d99e38e39b7363044846afe61ff6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I'm from Chile, and it's not like people dont give a damn about IP laws, but here it's like: "you can do it as long as no one sues you" 

I wonder if they have 'Macross' photos inside. Looks cool though. And it looks like it's getting great reviews via their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/macrosstemuco/

Hey Convectuose, if this ons is near you maybe you can dropby and check out the place and let us know if the food are great. ;) 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Convectuose, if this ons is near you maybe you can dropby and check out the place and let us know if the food are great. ;) 

Unfortunately, it would take a 9 hour drive for me to get there :unsure:

Here's their Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/macrosstemuco/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

No Macross decoration on the inside

Edited by Convectuoso
Update

9 hour drive, ironically about the same amount of time it would take me to fly to Chile.

is it wrong that I want this company to go global, so I stand a chance of getting to eat at one.

On 10/1/2018 at 2:34 AM, Convectuoso said:

Unfortunately, it would take a 9 hour drive for me to get there :unsure:

Here's their Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/macrosstemuco/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

No Macross decoration on the inside

Yeah, saw it on Facebook so I posted a link earlier. Got me curious knowing that it's Chile so I asked. ;) 

4 hours ago, losun said:

I would just ask for delivery...

9 Hour Drive Delivery Service? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'll bite. Aside from the rebuttals presented in the article, there's one big one that isn't mentioned: A solar sail would be huge, and been quite visible. It would also have made the entire assemblage visible for longer than we could track it in reality. It is something that can be easily tested for, and was empirically not present.

Also, major factual error in the article unrelated to any of their sources: The deep-space asteroid isn't currently outside the solar system. Though faster than the Voyagers, it is only seven times faster, not hundreds of times faster than them.  And it took V'Ger 1 thirty-five years to leave. Which means that the extrasolar rock will be in the solar system for another five years, at the minimum(depending on route, and whether we saw it on the inbound or outbound leg).  It did not make the entire trip in six months.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, obakesan said:

saw this news about a new Lenovo mobile phone, Z5s check what's on one of the poster images: a couple of veritechs, skull leader vf-1s and a 1a in back ;)

Lenovo-Z5s-screen-teaser-2.jpg

SOMEBODY's getting a lawsuit or C&D...:lol:

On 12/16/2018 at 8:50 PM, Kelsain said:

That’s Tenjin’s Boxart for the Hasegawa VF-1S, isn’t it?

Yessir!

hsg19box.png

it's been messed with... they might have "altered it enough" to get away with it... re-positioning the VF-1A and adding alot of "motion blur" to the VF-1S...

I'd still sic the legal department on Lenovo for it!

Edited by slide

• 4 weeks later...

tlb51xm5dl921.jpg

A lot going on here... feel like there is too much to say anything...

But I think it qualifies for this thread, because of the VF-1J on the packaging.

FYI it is "fake" (someone intentionally made it to be ridiculous).  But I think it is still funny.

Edited by HardlyNever

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 9:24 AM, HardlyNever said:

tlb51xm5dl921.jpg

But I think it qualifies for this thread, because of the VF-1J on the packaging.

FYI it is "fake" (someone intentionally made it to be ridiculous).  But I think it is still funny.

I want this so bad. It's majestic...

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:24 AM, HardlyNever said:

tlb51xm5dl921.jpg

I love the Optimus Primal body. AND the "I Have Mondays" quote. Priceless!