Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

• 2 weeks later...

It's not Macross in something else, but it is something else in Macross. This is still the only place I could have thought to put this. 

I was re-watching frontier, and I thought I heard an "ora ora ora" from  Klan in this scene:

Related image

Is that a JoJo reference in Macross? Certainly looks rather Star Platinum-y...

On 11/21/2017 at 6:21 AM, anime52k8 said:

Pointed out in this forum as well. I find it funny that other posters in that forum say the artist's impression resembles ships from Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars when it  more closely resembles a Zentradi Nupetiet-Vergnitzs Class battleship.

Just now, Nazareno2012 said:

Pointed out in this forum as well. I find it funny that other posters in that forum say the artist's impression resembles ships from Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars when it  more closely resembles a Zentradi Nupetiet-Vergnitzs Class battleship.

They likely think that BSG or SW invented giant capital ships... knowledge be the power, but ignorance is bliss

Huh. Occasionally in the Chantilly area I see a Japanese car with SMS decals and the UN kite. And no, Mercedes person isn’t me. I drive an Audi. 

On 11/20/2017 at 11:21 PM, anime52k8 said:

Oooh, you just know that asteroid is gonna get hit with a cease and desist order from HG as soon as it gets close to Earth's orbit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Crossboy said:

With Pop Team Epic anime. Very funny, insane series that i recommend :D

Macross Pop Team Epic.jpg

Could this be in reference to Noboru Ishiguro being a fan of Shakespeare, and he wanted the name of the SDF-1 to be Macbeth?

Edited by Kamorigis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I kinda have two here, in the UK there is a cartoon on one of the kids channels that have planes that transform into Gerwalks, its kind of a cross between the cartoon movie Planes and Macross. Cant remember its name though. 

I really hope that come the 29th of March we can post that Macross appears in the Film Ready Player One. Its in the book of the same, mentioned as both Robotech and Macross, and features in the end battle

Edited by big F

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Black Panther last night at the theatre and for the opening previews, there was an ad for the Royal Australian Air Force.  There are tiny segments of what appear to be almost YF-19s in it.  The first is only a few seconds in, the second is at about 15 seconds and the third is 1:15 in.  If you pause it, you'll see they're not clips from Plus, as there are two of them and they've got some odd enhancements. But that colour is pretty close. 

Anyone know where these are taken from or do we just have a mega fan making this video and they did it themselves?

Edited by mickyg
Spelling and context