Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

What's a "Guardian"...? Do you mean "Gerwalk"?

And no, I think it's the shoulder pads.

And specifically the dude wearing the shoulder pads and and almost (by that I mean vaguely) DYRL flight suit.

sadly I can see HG pitching a fit and doing that.

So after seeing that house for sale on Macross Court on the last page, I was bored and thought I'd try to see how many streets named Macross there were in the US.

Went to Google Maps and found this:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Macross,+Mountain+View,+CA+94043/@37.4199669,-122.0838372,17z/data=!3m2!4b1!5s0x808fba020103726d:0xa2ecaa4a27da7ddb!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fba01fe474411:0x4d3425e994c32210

Took me a sec to figure out what it was, but from what I can tell there's a Macross room next to the Gundam and Voltron rooms in one of the buildings on Google's main campus :D

Took me a sec to figure out what it was, but from what I can tell there's a Macross room next to the Gundam and Voltron rooms in one of the buildings on Google's main campus :D

That is amazing, and almost makes me want to work for google...

So after seeing that house for sale on Macross Court on the last page, I was bored and thought I'd try to see how many streets named Macross there were in the US.

Went to Google Maps and found this:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Macross,+Mountain+View,+CA+94043/@37.4199669,-122.0838372,17z/data=!3m2!4b1!5s0x808fba020103726d:0xa2ecaa4a27da7ddb!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fba01fe474411:0x4d3425e994c32210

Awesome find.

There's also a Evangelion and a Professor Ochanomizu (the creator of Astro Boy) room and one named friggin Dr.Tenma (main character of the Monster manga). That was mindblowing.

Awesome find.

There's also a Evangelion and a Professor Ochanomizu (the creator of Astro Boy) room and one named friggin Dr.Tenma (main character of the Monster manga). That was mindblowing.

I recognized the Evangelion room, and I noticed the others, but I didn't really get the references, I knew they were important to nerdom, just not how...

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted before but, as I'm watching SDC Orguss episode 18 yet another Macross reference...

I guess it's not the weirdest place for it but it's still something to talk about!

That's cute that they used both the alphanumeric designation and the craft name. Leaves no room for doubt that it's Macross :)

Not sure if this has been posted before but, as I'm watching SDC Orguss episode 18 yet another Macross reference...

I guess it's not the weirdest place for it but it's still something to talk about!

No wonder. They already have Valkyrie parts available to make that Orguss-Valkyrie. Probably when the Space/TimeOscillation Bomb exploded the remains of the Orguss-Valkyrie ended up in Macross Island. Lol ;)

thats awesome! I'd love to have a rego plate like that! Might go check to see whats available here..

That would be cool. Post it here when it gets approved and mounted to your vehicle. ;)

Awesome photo...is that in San Mateo?

Yes sir. It's yours? ;)

Actually, it cut me off during traffic. And instead of getting mad, I just smiled when I read the plate number. Good thing I have those phone mount holder installed in the car. :)

That would be cool. Post it here when it gets approved and mounted to your vehicle. ;)

Cant do it.. the state I live in only allows for 6 digit rego plates so it would look crap.. I think other states like Western Australia allow more than 6? But I ain't moving interstate just for a rego plate! LOL! :rolleyes::lol:

Awesome find.

I think the Dr.Tenma they mean is actually the Astro Boy character, the original creator of the robot. Urazawa's character in Monster was probably a homage to him, as Urazawa is known as a Tezuka fan.

I think the Dr.Tenma they mean is actually the Astro Boy character, the original creator of the robot. Urazawa's character in Monster was probably a homage to him, as Urazawa is known as a Tezuka fan.

Good point.

This isn't a cameo but more like a nod. When i'm not Macross-ing i'm board gaming. So i stumbled upon this Kickstarter of a nano-boardgame, called Star Patrol: Carrier Commander.

No valkyries here, but notice the counter sheet. One team's base is called Prometheus Base and the other is Daedalus Base. I understand if you back $25, you get to name the Carriers so maybe they got the name from a backer who is a Macross fan. If yes, and its someone from here, good on ya. ;)

Not to mention the "Admiral On Deck" card looks kinda like Admiral Max Jenius.

Back it for just $3. :D Sounds fun and easy to carry around. (I'm in no way affiliated to this game or its creator, just spreading the word)

post-1640-0-61748700-1443498327_thumb.jpg