Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

That's awesome!

Here's a sign on a pachinko parlor, saying "HELP WANTED: female staff" (sorry for the blurriness).

attachicon.gif110613_182521.jpg

0422... Around Mitaka city. Hmm.

Ghibli Musium is in Mitaka, but the shop is afraid of using its characters like Nausicaa, Kiki, and so on...

And better than that Evangelion billboard... At least you and Tochiro know it, you know what I mean... It is also in front of a pachinko shop.

Edited by antibiotictab

0422... Around Mitaka city. Hmm.

Ghibli Musium is in Mitaka, but the shop is afraid of using its characters like Nausicaa, Kiki, and so on...

And better than that Evangelion billboard... At least you and Tochiro know it, you know what I mean... It is also in front of a pachinko shop.

It was in Kichijoji... but that particular Pachinko place ("Amdy") has been torn down and replaced with... a different Pachinko place.

And don't remind me of that Eva poster... 寒い・・・

This may not be the weirdest thing, but c'mon! Someone actually trashed a 1/48 yamato to make a custom of G1 jetfire (aka macross valkyrie rip-off). And someone actually paid 560 USD for it on ebay. Damn transformers freaks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Custom-Masterpiece-Jetfire-/230832692222?ViewItem=&item=230832692222&nma=true&si=Q4SlItnLlfGesSj%252BmiLVmX8DXYA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This may not be the weirdest thing, but c'mon! Someone actually trashed a 1/48 yamato to make a custom of G1 jetfire (aka macross valkyrie rip-off). And someone actually paid 560 USD for it on ebay. Damn transformers freaks!

Actually... that's pretty damn weird.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Custom-Masterpiece-Jetfire-/230832692222?ViewItem=&item=230832692222&nma=true&si=Q4SlItnLlfGesSj%252BmiLVmX8DXYA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

tumblr_lnsudzkV8Z1qetbbj.gif

Actually... I find that to be a pretty awesome custom. I tip my hat to the guy who made it.

er..... um...... I don't remember that song from the show or the movies... *puzzled*

That's because it's not. That's the theme song to the show Kotoura-san, which just happens to be sung by Megumi Nakajima, who played Ranka in Frontier. The maker of the video just put the Frontier characters over the opening animation of Kotoura-san.

KotouRanka-san.

http://youtu.be/P3gHz59ZIhc

Now that is amusing!

Originally when I saw the video still, I hadn't seen the next Kotoura episode, so I thought they had a cosplay scene! This is really well done,

Particularly the animation overlays.

Antibiotictab thanks for posting it!

Nakajima Megumi really has a great voice, I hope she does more work in anime. She is in "Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo" but she is so deadpan you can't tell it's her.

!

Edited by Kaldar5

Nakajima Megumi really has a great voice, I hope she does more work in anime. She is in "Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo" but she is so deadpan you can't tell it's her.

Actually, she's in a series now, called, "Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?", which I believe is about to end.

Yeah that's the "Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo"

Anime titles are too damn long these days. It's not cute anymore. It's just inconvenient now.

Yeah that's the "Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo"

Anime titles are too damn long these days. It's not cute anymore. It's just inconvenient now.

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi ha Mada Shiranai

Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome ha Machigatteiru

Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Ja Nai n Dakara ne

Moshi Koukou Yakyuu no Joshi Manager ga Drakkar no 'Management' wo Yondara

Any others?

Actually... I find that to be a pretty awesome custom. I tip my hat to the guy who made it.

Sorry but turning a macross high end collectible into a supermarket toy (Because, let's face it. That's what transformers are outside Japan) It's just not ok to me. In my defense I never watched G1 when I was a kid.

Sorry but turning a macross high end collectible into a supermarket toy (Because, let's face it. That's what transformers are outside Japan) It's just not ok to me. In my defense I never watched G1 when I was a kid.

I could not disagree more with this statement.