New arms design/rethink for VF-0S new release - Overdrive rep talks to

ruskiiVFaussie

The VF-0S Ghost Booster is as sweet a VF-0 toy as they've made yet. Did you buy it new? Is it possible someone swapped out the VF-0S in the Ghost combo with a 1st edition VF-0S (because all the problems you talked about are extremely common on the first edition). When you pull the feet out do they seem to lock at some point? That's how you know you definitely have a 2.0 0S.

I recently got my very FIRST VF-0. It was supposedly the VF-0S with Ghost. It LOOKS in perfect condition, but I'm seeing what I think are design flaws/weeknesses. But I'm not sure, after reading every post in this thread.

-One foot thruster slides in and out much looser than the other.

-the legs don't lock with the backpack

-and most annoying of all: the fuselage (behind the cockpit) arches loosely and opens gaps, at the same time as there are gaps between the engine intakes and the metal wing-root slider pieces. I have fully and carefully transformed it to battroid and back to fighter, but the intake areas are still gappy and loose. And as far as I can see, everything is locked in as far as it can go. I can't seem to get both problems squeezed tight at the same time. Squeeze the engine gap and the back arches; flatten out the back (close the gaps) and the engine gaps widen.

Is this engine gap & fuselage arching/looseness a common issue? Is there a version A or S that these are fixed (or planned to be fixed in a future release)?

I have several of these problems. The backpack issue depends on if the flap on the backpack is secure in the main body or not. Still, the left leg is often left not secure. The plane does droop a bit but I have no problems with the intake covers that my 1/48 Stealth J doesn't have. The intake cover one one of my legs, probably the one with the gap that doesn't connect well with the backpack, is loose and tends to fall out easily.

The posts about people having these switching out nightmares confuse me. I'm new but is there any reports of this happening? I mean you have to be a very shady business to do something like switch out products. Mine was purchased brand new on Amazon and had tape securing the plane to the ghost booster blister. It seems that the Zero line is just a failure on yamato's part.

The VF-0S Ghost Booster is as sweet a VF-0 toy as they've made yet. Did you buy it new? Is it possible someone swapped out the VF-0S in the Ghost combo with a 1st edition VF-0S (because all the problems you talked about are extremely common on the first edition). When you pull the feet out do they seem to lock at some point? That's how you know you definitely have a 2.0 0S.

I did buy it 'used'.

That is a negative - the feet do NOT lock or click when extended. So that means I have a v1 for sure? :(

EDIT IN - I rechecked again, and the feet DO lock! I was not pulling hard enough!

Edited by Jedi Knight

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys I have a few questions.

1) About the VF-0A v2 bundle and the VF-0S v2 bundle. Which one has all the bugs fixed?

2) Does the intake cover pop out on the VF-0 to show the turbine?

3) Is it true that Yamato has lost the macross licence to Bandai? So no more new Yamato valks or re-issues of the previous ones ever?

Thanks ^_^

Edited by Muzaffar

Hey guys I have a few questions.

1) About the VF-0A v2 bundle and the VF-0S v2 bundle. Which one has all the bugs fixed?

2) Does the intake cover pop out on the VF-0 to show the turbine?

3) Is it true that Yamato has lost the macross licence to Bandai? So no more new Yamato valks or re-issues of the previous ones ever?

Thanks ^_^

3) No. Bandai, apparently, just doesn't have the license for all of the Macross 7 properties, since Yamato made that Gamlin VF-22. As it stands, Yamato holds licenses for SDFM, DYRL?, Zero, Plus, Dynamite 7, and VF-X. Bandai has licenses for SDFM (I think they still have it), DYRL? (Right?), 7, and Frontier.

3) No. Bandai, apparently, just doesn't have the license for all of the Macross 7 properties, since Yamato made that Gamlin VF-22. As it stands, Yamato holds licenses for SDFM, DYRL?, Zero, Plus, Dynamite 7, and VF-X. Bandai has licenses for SDFM (I think they still have it), DYRL? (Right?), 7, and Frontier.

not quite, Yamato has the license definitively for SDF:M, DYRL?, Mac0 and Mac+... in 1/60th scale.

Bandai has the license for all of frontier, and everything in 1/100th scale. apparently in Japan these types of toys can be licensed based on scale, so Bandai can make toys in 1/100th for shows that Yamato makes in 1/60th.

Yamato presumably still has the License for the VF-X games but they haven't done much with it in a while. as for the Dynamite 7/VF-22 thing, it's not clear how that license works out yet. it could be they have somehow got the license from Bandai flat out, or they could be some sort of limited deal where they can do Mac7 repaints of their existing toys. If that's the case we may see More VF-22's and Mac7 VF-11's, but new designs like the VF-17 or VF-5000 wouldn't be happening.

also Bandai May still have MacII, although they haven't done much with that in years so who knows.

confusing enough yet? ;)

confusing enough yet?

It doesn't matter how confusing it is if the end result is bucket loads of great products.

What I really love about the Japanese market is that there is no license hoarding, but instead it seems that multiple companies can buy the licensing rights to the same thing and have their own crack at it. So you have Kaiyodo doing some Macross figures, you have Yamato working their magic, you have Bandai's stuff, and then you have all of the statue makers like Megahouse and what not also making sculpts.

Everyone is competing but it's like a race to the top - who can make the better product? And also - since these guys really diversify in order to stand out and not just be a repeat of what the other dude did, what ends up happening is people just want all of it.

Too bad Harmony Gold's products are so piss poor that rather than desiring to play along and actually compete with people making excellent stuff, they retreat to legal arguments and lawyers...

Pete

It doesn't matter how confusing it is if the end result is bucket loads of great products.

What I really love about the Japanese market is that there is no license hoarding, but instead it seems that multiple companies can buy the licensing rights to the same thing and have their own crack at it. So you have Kaiyodo doing some Macross figures, you have Yamato working their magic, you have Bandai's stuff, and then you have all of the statue makers like Megahouse and what not also making sculpts.

Everyone is competing but it's like a race to the top - who can make the better product? And also - since these guys really diversify in order to stand out and not just be a repeat of what the other dude did, what ends up happening is people just want all of it.

Too bad Harmony Gold's products are so piss poor that rather than desiring to play along and actually compete with people making excellent stuff, they retreat to legal arguments and lawyers...

Pete

Each company has a different niche.

I love Yamato toys

I love Bandai models

I... actually have no exposure to Kaiyodo figures...

Harmony Gold just sucks. <_<

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So did these improved VF-0S ever come out?? If so any idea where I can get one??

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/ e-mail them, ask them if they have any left over.

Yes they came out, i own one, they are super tight, and rule. - check it -> http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ey=*&st=100

& http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ey=*&st=125

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie