Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Has anyone heard anymore information on the Warhammer 40k Space Marine game that I saw a short demo of a couple of weeks ago? Is this game coming to the PS3? I would really like to see this game, I just hope that they would not destroy the full functionality of a Space Marine to make this into a gimmicky Close Combat game as the demo seems to suggest.

Any Thoughts?

Twich

I got a beta invite for home and although I know its in its beta stage I'm not all that impressed... The graphics are kinda meh... lack of textures and things to do as well... All I ever see on the big screens in the lobby is advertisements for socom confrontation which isn't all that great of a title... The cool thing is you can voice chat with anyone near you as long as you have a mic... But a lot of features that were promised like trophy decoration and customizing your own place are non existent... IMO this chat portal needs a lot more work to meet its goals...

So I just spontaneously bought the 80gig PS3 from Dell because they had a 20% off deal with free shipping. Total came out to be just under $350. I hope the price doesn't go down for a long time. Lol. Any advice for a new PS3 owner?

"Metal Gear Solid 4"

BTW, for those who have home, how much space does it take up? I've yet to upgrade my HD, and only have about 19 or so gigs left.

Do I really need the HDMI cable to get the best graphics out of the console and the games? It's damn expensive just for a cable. Do you guys think it will drop in price later on?

Do you have to pay to get these updates?

Edited by badboy00z

Do I really need the HDMI cable to get the best graphics out of the console and the games? It's damn expensive just for a cable. Do you guys think it will drop in price later on?

You need an HDMI cable to do 1080p but HDMI cables are available from monoprice or amazon... you can get a good (well built) one for around 10 bucks. No need to get the fancy PS3 branded cable or a big brand name cable.

1080p can be done via component but not many displays take 1080p over component. 1080p is also prohibited from component on Blu-ray (and HDDVD) by AACS IIRC. But for games it should be fine (though most 360 and ps3 games are 720p).

I guess there was new update for MSG 4 Online. More maps & characters. Not sure if I will get it.

The new maps are pretty nice, and while Mei Ling is the most obnoxious thing on the battlefield, Liquid is pretty awesome.

Arrggh. I'm tempted to buy MGS4 from Dell since they have a 20% off deal but the game might become a greatest hits later on. I bought 2 and 3 when they first came out and now they're like $15 each.

Buy it, its worth it at original MSRP, less than $40 is a steal.

There are stacks of MGS4 at used game shops around Japan for under 3000yen. The game was so great people were rushing to sell them back just to give others the opportunity to play it.

bahhaha . I wouldn't recommend that game to anyone. The gameplay mechanics are there but sitting through cutscenes of drivel is not worth it..

Not much a PSN update for the US but finally

Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer ($9.99)

Set in the distant future, Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer is a fast and furious shoot ‘em up with state-of-the-art graphics, driving soundtrack and classic fun gameplay sprinkled with fresh innovations. In the storyline, planet Earth’s resistance aims to stop a deadly infection consuming both life forms and technology alike, oddly having to rely on an anti-hero mercenary and bounty hunter to pilot a mighty prototype star fighter.

ESRB Rated E

File size: 845 MB

and another Soul Calibur IV costume pack. Christmas themed

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/04/...e-63/#more-3970

Man, PS3 is getting its ass kicked in sales lately. They really need to do a price-drop because Home definitely isn't going to sell systems, and the fact that 1) it has a built in Blu-Ray player, and 2) you don't have to pay to play online, hasn't seemed to sink in with consumers that this thing is actually a pretty good deal.

Oh well.

Man, PS3 is getting its ass kicked in sales lately. They really need to do a price-drop because Home definitely isn't going to sell systems, and the fact that 1) it has a built in Blu-Ray player, and 2) you don't have to pay to play online, hasn't seemed to sink in with consumers that this thing is actually a pretty good deal.

Oh well.

Well I think now that the truth is out about the PS3 and its architechure and how many limitations it has compared to other systems has become apparent... Many ppl just don't like the PS3 period. Everyone that once had faith in sony because of the success of ps2 has now fated... Alot of ppl I know that used to want a ps3 no longer want it, and that's mainly because of a lack of good games or software for it for the longest time...

While I myself have a PS3 and I still think its a good system many ppl dont think that way... The lack of games and software out there to support the PS3 at launch has turned a lot of ppl away from the ps3 unfortunately. The cost is another thing that's still prohibitive for the ps3... Its still the most expensive next gen system out there and most ppl dont see the benefit of owning it since most ps3 games are on 360 as well.

I still like my ps3 inspite of its short comings... it has some good exclusives that I like but most of the time it sits on my desk collecting dust... Its a shame but I myself am a little dissapointed with the ps3...