Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Speaking of RPGs does anyone here play The Elder scrolls IV Oblivion? That game is so wierd yet fun.Too bad I die alot in that one too.I guess Nords are bad race to start off with.

Do yourself a favor, quit playing Oblivion and play Fallout 3 instead. Same game engine, way more awesome game.

This might be old news, but it seems that Grandia was released on PSN this month. I'm considering buying it as I loved Grandia II, but wanted to get your opinions on whether or not it'll be worth it.

Grandia was good, the voice acting was okay. Don't marathon it though, you learn very quick that you won't be able to backtrack to certain areas throughout the game.

That means his PC is encoding mkv's into a format that the ps3 can read, not that his PS3 is reading mkv's. Unless that's what he meant he's doing.

I think it just means his PC is playing them, and then streaming that to his PS3, kinda like a wireless whatever connects PC's to TV's.

Do yourself a favor, quit playing Oblivion and play Fallout 3 instead. Same game engine, way more awesome game.

Well,I never got into Fallout.Besides I done so much on Oblivion to quit now,I am up to level 11 and I am on my way to close the first Oblivion gate.

awe HECK!!,All this RPG talk made me remember I need to finish Xenogears and Xenosaga 2&3 again and restart FF12(I had over 190 hrs on this one and still not finished) because all memory lost when my PS3 died last june.

Well now I got reasons to enjoy my old games!

Well,I never got into Fallout.Besides I done so much on Oblivion to quit now,I am up to level 11 and I am on my way to close the first Oblivion gate.

awe HECK!!,All this RPG talk made me remember I need to finish Xenogears and Xenosaga 2&3 again and restart FF12(I had over 190 hrs on this one and still not finished) because all memory lost when my PS3 died last june.

Well now I got reasons to enjoy my old games!

Always back your saves. Even the locked saves can be copied when using the back up utility in the PS3.

On a side note,, I just got a 500GB hdd for my original 60GB which had a 160GB upgrade a couple years ago. Using the back up utility, I transferred everything to an external, and then back to the new 500gb drive. EVERYTHING copied over, including downloaded games, and video from the PS Store. I was under the impression the games would have to be re-downloaded. I didn't use the back up utility the first time I upgraded, just backed the saves to a thumb drive. Going to throw the 160GB one in my 80GB.

Friggen *FACEPALM*

Any PS3 gamers on right now can verify if the PSN really been HACKED?!

This is what we get when we click on this weblink:

http://us.playstation.com/PS3/dearplaystation/

get flash and/or enable javascript and stop wasting my time.

And that is the only link working for PSN,,All my themes show "Currupted Data"!

I hope this is a cold prank by PSN,because I paid $10 for 4 Star Trek themes and one Dark Knight theme.

A bad day for us PS3 gamers I tell ya.

Edited by Pizza the Hutt

Too busy watching the Olympics. Will check PSN later.

I wouldn't turn your system on today. Might be a weird calendar bug, that is affecting the non slim ones that were turned on today. Some suspect it's a firmware internal clock leap year bug. Resets your date to 12-31-99, trophies won't sync, cannot connect to PSN, sand games which losd trophies won't work, not to mention PSn titles and downloaded PS1 titles.

Friggen *FACEPALM*

Any PS3 gamers on right now can verify if the PSN really been HACKED?!

This is what we get when we click on this weblink:

http://us.playstation.com/PS3/dearplaystation/

And that is the only link working for PSN,,All my themes show "Currupted Data"!

I hope this is a cold prank by PSN,because I paid $10 for 4 Star Trek themes and one Dark Knight theme.

A bad day for us PS3 gamers I tell ya.

Trophies will re-sync, and anything you downloaded from PSN that became "corrupted" should be re-downloadable.

I wouldn't turn your system on today. Might be a weird calendar bug, that is affecting the non slim ones that were turned on today. Some suspect it's a firmware internal clock leap year bug. Resets your date to 12-31-99, trophies won't sync, cannot connect to PSN, sand games which losd trophies won't work, not to mention PSn titles and downloaded PS1 titles.

It's only Alanis Morisette right now so back on the forums!

Eh. Good to know. Wasn't really wanting to turn on the PS3 anyways.

Oh well,

The PS3 problems seem to be only affecting the "fat" PS3 models because on some game boards PS3 slim players still can log on and play and stuff.

I hope it will work out soon or by morning,I hate the feeling of thinking my PS3 60gig became a $788 paper weight.

Damn Sony!

Oh well,

The PS3 problems seem to be only affecting the "fat" PS3 models because on some game boards PS3 slim players still can log on and play and stuff.

I hope it will work out soon or by morning,I hate the feeling of thinking my PS3 60gig became a $788 paper weight.

Damn Sony!

According to the us.playstation.com forums people have fixed the problem by voiding their warranty and popping the CMOS battery. I'm in no rush so I'll wait for Sony to release something in the next few days. Come GOWIII time if it's not patched I'll do the battery fix.

Oh man,

I was online playing Aliens vs Predator when the bug hit.Sony posted their site that they are working to fix it.

All my DLed games will not work,none of my friggen "Trophy" games will not play either.Maybe the PS3 fats were made by Toynami by Robotech.com :)

If my Ps3 is defected beyond repair then I will need to shell out another $164 to exchange since it has no warrenty,Sony is nice about things tho,they send a box and everything,I got my PS3 exchange in less than 4 days.

As for me popping out the internal battery,I am tech-ignorant of internal devices so I would not know where to start,took me like 4 mins how to figure out how to remove the HDD and 6 mins to make my PS3 connection NAT 1 when it was stuck on NAT3.

Not my week I tell ya,First my PS3 gets "borked" and now I got find something to do,maybe I should change my car oil that I should have done 8 months ago...

I have my PS3 hooked up to the internet with a wired connection (as does my brother) and we have the wireless connection disabled. I wonder if this is just a syncing error and offline PS3's will run fine, so long as they don't connect and get corrupted, or if I watch a Blu Ray disc on it, if it's still going to stroke out.

I'm not so impatient that I can't wait a few days to find out what the score is, but I'm curious. My brother was up playing his last night after the clock rolled over (Offline, single player) and his system didn't take a crap on him this morning, but it wasn't hooked up to the internet.

Hopefully just a hiccup in what has otherwise been an awesome system. I wish I'd picked up a third one to put in the closet when they came out. I was told that they have stopped production on PS2's so my giant collection of old games is going to be worthless if my new PS2 slim and backwards compatible PS3 bite it.

Crap, just noticed my ps3 is affected by the bug, the clock is reset to 1/1/1999, and my PS3 isn't even conected to the internet. I can still run offline games like metal gear, not sure how any new saves would be affected though now that the clock is buggered.

Small rant:

Why on earth does every device CARE what the date is? Zune, PS3, etc. And why do they FAIL if they don't know? Why does everything seem to default to "totally lock up if you don't know what the day is, rather than simply ignoring/not displaying what day it is".

My 360 doesn't care what day it is, and it doesn't know half the time (it never remembers for very long, and I don't usually bother resetting it---and if I get an achievement "in the future" or "before the game existed" it doesn't care---it simply says "unknown date") But the PS3 seems to go absolutely ape-crap with regards to trophies if it doesn't have the correct date.

And also--why do computer programmers seem to really suck at figuring out how leap-year works? 2010 doesn't even fall under ANY of the rules. Most 12-year olds can give you most of the rules. (few people know the "400" rule but we'll all be living on Mars before that happens again)

That sounds like it wasn't fixed at all, just that the internal clock rolled over past a non-existent Feb 29 to March 1 finally. Root problem is still there, and might pop up again this time of year in 2011, 2012...

Had a bunch of buddies over and we played on the PS3 (drunken PAIN and MKvDC with lots of Captain and Coke). :D Fortunately been too busy the last couple of days to turn it on. I'll wait till tomorrow just to be safe.

I just turned mine on earlier, oddly it was still February 28, 2010 and not January 1, 2000 :p. I went into the system menu and just rolled forward to March 1st. I guess I got away unscathed although I did turn on my PS3 to watch Band of Brothers on the day of the Mass Sony Error Event. :rolleyes:

Small rant:

Why on earth does every device CARE what the date is? Zune, PS3, etc. And why do they FAIL if they don't know? Why does everything seem to default to "totally lock up if you don't know what the day is, rather than simply ignoring/not displaying what day it is".

My 360 doesn't care what day it is, and it doesn't know half the time (it never remembers for very long, and I don't usually bother resetting it---and if I get an achievement "in the future" or "before the game existed" it doesn't care---it simply says "unknown date") But the PS3 seems to go absolutely ape-poo with regards to trophies if it doesn't have the correct date.

And also--why do computer programmers seem to really suck at figuring out how leap-year works? 2010 doesn't even fall under ANY of the rules. Most 12-year olds can give you most of the rules. (few people know the "400" rule but we'll all be living on Mars before that happens again)

I think it has something to do with Saturn Dating sims, at the very least those were the first games I can recall hearing about that had time sensative features.

Damn, good thing I didn't play for a few days. Does it affect all fat PS3s even if it's not connected to the internet? I set my clock forward (metal gear health trick) so would the clock still roll back?

Is the crisis over or not? Lol.

Crisis is over, had something to do with the PS3 thinking it was a leap year, then realizing it wasn't a leap year, and instead of its head exploding, it just kinda recoiled into the fetal position for a day or so. After resting a bit on the issue, it came to realize that everything was "ok" and all is back to normal.

Everythings seems ok now, the date on my PS3 was 4/31/2020 when i switched it on this morning. Everything runs ok and setting the clock to the right time didn't cos any problems too. It was just yesterday when it rolled back to 1/1/1999 and online programs didn't seem to work at all. Looks like it was mass panic for no reason. :lol: