Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Ha,

I died alot too on MGO,but at times I join training or non stat rooms to help get better.Just watch out for sore losers who will kick you for using throat slit,CqC EX,Boxrush 3, even tho they are legit skills,I get called so many bad names for slit and CQC ex,,I guess people prefer a headshot than a KO the blade death.

If it helps,I do not care about kill steals because in a sense that can be team work.

change of MGO subject,

Please tell me there is someone here who plays Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2,I know the game sux but I wanted to enjoy it still,I paid for that Carnage and Magneto and others set but no one seems to stay or play long.

Laters

Don't know if this is news, but Gamestop.com has Valkyria Chronicles new for 20 bucks:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...oduct%5FID=4058

Also, new DLC for it next week. (though honestly I haven't bought any of the DLC---are any of them worth it? Do they really add to the story, or are they simply "more missions"?)

I bought Aliens vs Preditor yesterday and I will say this game is so awesome and it definitley owns MW2 and MAG has nothing on this game.It is no Dead Space well maybe beats Dead Space in gameplay. the online demo was fun (even tho I was always a Alien) I made people mad by instant deaths with tail kills while on ceiling.

Just want to add that the Marines finally are alot stronger and even survive a few waves until I accidently killed em and had to restart checkpoint but the A.I.s actually try this time.I was shocked considering I started on "Hard" level.,

And yes it does have moments that makes you jump and yell,I did a couple times.

Laters,

Pete (Not the VFTF1 Pete)

I have a hard time justifying continued playing on games without Trophies, since I turned into a Trophy whore. :D Even good games, I tend to try to finish up trophies on other games. Still need to go through Force Unleashed, and Both Uncharteds to try for those Platinums...

I bought Aliens vs Preditor yesterday and I will say this game is so awesome and it definitley owns MW2 and MAG has nothing on this game.It is no Dead Space well maybe beats Dead Space in gameplay. the online demo was fun (even tho I was always a Alien) I made people mad by instant deaths with tail kills while on ceiling.

Just want to add that the Marines finally are alot stronger and even survive a few waves until I accidently killed em and had to restart checkpoint but the A.I.s actually try this time.I was shocked considering I started on "Hard" level.,

And yes it does have moments that makes you jump and yell,I did a couple times.

Laters,

I saw the trailer for it and it looks awesome! Can you play in 3rd person?

Edited by badboy00z

I saw the trailer for it and it looks awesome! Can you play in 3rd person?

I dont think you can,I guess it adds to the horror of sprinting and turning a sharp corner and suddenly you are counting Aliens' teeth on a big HD screen. It helps and works wonders as a Preditor too.I did not start Aliens campaign yet. The demo caused alot of folks to turn and ignore this game (as most demos do) but I have not had a survivor horror fun like this since Dead Space.

Maybe theres an option but it kind of kills the horror when playing as Marine.The only other Aliens vs Preditor game I am familiar with is Extinction and that was strategy and it had no intense moments like this game (heck I still got it to play on my old Xbox) and it was worth the $64 but don't get the hunters edition,the face huggers usually arrive broke and all you get is a skin.not worth the $35 more.

Game on,

Pete

Also, new DLC for it next week. (though honestly I haven't bought any of the DLC---are any of them worth it? Do they really add to the story, or are they simply "more missions"?)

A while back, The DLC were "on sale"--For the first time, I bought digital content :o. I got the Selvaria and the Edy missions (Didn't buy the Hard Mode DLC, I think it's ridiculous to buy a difficulty). Although I haven't played them yet, I believe they do add something to the story, or at least Selvaria's missions do.

I dont think you can,I guess it adds to the horror of sprinting and turning a sharp corner and suddenly you are counting Aliens' teeth on a big HD screen. It helps and works wonders as a Preditor too.I did not start Aliens campaign yet. The demo caused alot of folks to turn and ignore this game (as most demos do) but I have not had a survivor horror fun like this since Dead Space.

Yeah, there is no third person view, though you go into "third person" when you get instantly killed though :).

I was one of those people who got turned off by the demo. I admit it was fun, but I felt pretty limited to what I can actually do in the game. I thought it was weird that I can't crouch...

Also, no dedicated servers... yet.

I thought it was funny that Alien(s) and Predator references and jokes weren't being thrown about. :p

Edited by shiroikaze

Yeah, there is no third person view, though you go into "third person" when you get instantly killed though :).

I was one of those people who got turned off by the demo. I admit it was fun, but I felt pretty limited to what I can actually do in the game. I thought it was weird that I can't crouch...

Also, I thought it was funny that Alien(s) and Predator references and jokes weren't being thrown about. :p

Eeek gags I feel dumb,A few times I mispelled Predator

And that sux no one can crouch.Sure cant wait till I try the online. From what I been reading,it still needs online tune ups.But usually all online games usually start out bad with bugs.

I sure can mention this,the Predator are alot more harder to campaign with.I just got owned and swarmed and gave it a rest.That spin blade disk is a saver tho thats for sure.

OK, I'm a few hours in on WKC. I don't get the Lunar vibe anymore, but I don't really get any kind of vibe other than I still keep on playing. It's not great, but it's not terrible. And there's just something about it that I do like, but I honestly can't say what it is...the music during Boss scenes must be unremarkable because I honestly cannot remember the music from them. I think it's more than the sum of it's parts, but I suppose hardcore RPG players might find it lacking. Haven't really tried online quests yet but those commercials with the crystal camera make me wanna try.

I'm happy with it, hope I finish it before FF XIII drops. I have way too much to play right now...WKC, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, FF XIII, and GOW III too. Not to mention I picked up some bargain things I missed on my vacation, like Wet and the original Indigo Prophecy. If I keep on playing the way I have, I should be done with the above by...oh, Halloween.

And I still need to finish my second play through of Bayonetta on hard.

I actually think the Marines are too tough, now that I'm on the Alien campaign. IMHO the Alien should have quick, 1-hit/instant kills especially against a soft, squishy human target because Aliens are weapons and that's what they do for a living. As for the AI, I think it's just plain wierd. For example, in the Marine campaign, aliens don't just rush at you and try to kill you like they would in the movies or in previous games. Rather, they do these odd hit and run maneuvers that leave you wounded but not in any serious danger; maybe that's just because I'm on medium difficulty, I don't know. Also, when I faced the Predator as a Marine it didn't really seem to know how to use its weapons. In past games if the Predator had a lock on you it was "game over," but in this game the AI would just fire all around me and basically wait for me to react. Once again this may be a result of the "normal" difficulty, I don't know.

Ultimately, this game is beautiful but it's hardly original or inspiring in any way. I would even go so far as to say that the original AvP '99, which is a game I'd still like to play, had better scares and death-defying moments than the new edition has.

Oh, and what the hell kind of FPS doesn't allow you to crouch?

Is this Rebellion the same that did the original original (Alien, not Aliens) vs Predator on the Jaguar? I had that game, and back then it was pretty cool in 1994...

Yep, it's the same developer that made the first AVP shooters. Whether the same people worked on it though, I don't know. Either way, it's quite disappointing considering how fun and innovative those two were back in the day. Then again, Rebellion also developed AVP: R on the PSP... :(

The new AVP felt more like I was playing Doom 3--and I mean that in a bad way. This is due in part to the fact that I couldn't see a damn thing, even with the lights out and the brightness up. To make matters worse, the flashlight is laser thin and you can only use one (very quickly burning) flare at a time. I mean it's not a terrible game. There were some things in it that I liked, but it has overall been quite mediocre. <_< AVP2 by Monolith was a much better game, and in my mind it's still the best of the Alien/Predator shooters.

Fingers crossed that Aliens: Colonial Marines will turn out to be good--provided they don't cancel it again...

I actually think the Marines are too tough, now that I'm on the Alien campaign. IMHO the Alien should have quick, 1-hit/instant kills especially against a soft, squishy human target because Aliens are weapons and that's what they do for a living.

If you do a stealth attack on a Marine it is a 1-hit kill.I am still trying to learn how to do the "mouth kill" attack as Alien.And recently I started online gaming and it is awesome because there are 2 different TDMs but the sad thing is everyone wants to be predator and spam the God dang disk for instant Kills.Aliens are hard online since no way to use the "spit acid" alien,they all melee online and it is sad because I like Aliens too.

I think the online is way better and more fun than MAG and MW2 but the only bad things no croutching online either.

Laters,

Pete

If you do a stealth attack on a Marine it is a 1-hit kill.I am still trying to learn how to do the "mouth kill" attack as Alien.And recently I started online gaming and it is awesome because there are 2 different TDMs but the sad thing is everyone wants to be predator and spam the God dang disk for instant Kills.Aliens are hard online since no way to use the "spit acid" alien,they all melee online and it is sad because I like Aliens too.

I think the online is way better and more fun than MAG and MW2 but the only bad things no croutching online either.

Laters,

Pete

Based on the demo i played, you'd have to stun the target with an initial claw attack. Then an indicator says push "x" to grab. If you grab from the front, you'll do the mouth attack. From the back you'll use your tail. Its hard to grab the target after the stun cause you only have a split second to do it.

This might be old news, but it seems that Grandia was released on PSN this month. I'm considering buying it as I loved Grandia II, but wanted to get your opinions on whether or not it'll be worth it.

Grandia was freakin' awesome. Story, characters, music, epic battles. I loved me some Grandia back in the day. Think of it like Lunar with a bigger scale story, 3D characters, and...well, they both were Game Arts :)

I never did actually play Grandia II, I tried 3, but hated the first town so much I never went back to it...

Edited by Keith

Grandia was freakin' awesome. Story, characters, music, epic battles. I loved me some Grandia back in the day. Think of it like Lunar with a bigger scale story, 3D characters, and...well, they both were Game Arts :)

Forget Grandia!, I am still waiting on Legend of Legaia and I been trying to get a PS1 copy since my dumba$$ loser brother stole it along with a couple other games several years ago and the ones I see on Ebay do not seem good because they been thru a "Dr" or scratched.

Speaking of RPGs does anyone here play The Elder scrolls IV Oblivion? That game is so wierd yet fun.Too bad I die alot in that one too.I guess Nords are bad race to start off with.

And I just wanted to offer a caution to those who play Aliens vs Predator online,beware of multi species TDMs because everyone uses the friggen Predator and spam kill with the disc! I have not see that much spam since I played LOTR: Conquest and all were mages!

OK, true. FF 2 is so annoying I've never finished it, neither the original nor the remake. I actually got STUCK. And I believe the only solution to advance would be to cast "heal" 2400 times. (or esuna, or whatever they called it in that iteration)

Oblivion has the 2nd-worst upgrading system, and the worst of any I've finished.

Still, FF 2's at least makes SENSE. It's just slow and annoying. Oblivion's is utterly counter-intuitive. You actually have to choose and use skills you DON'T want to make the ones you do use more powerful...

Oblvion is great because there's so much to do. You can ignore the main story and have fun pursuing your profession or exploring or what not. I remember the extreme disappointment in Assassin's Creed as I had somehow built up the false expectation of it being a realistic version of Oblivion.

Oblvion is great because there's so much to do. You can ignore the main story and have fun pursuing your profession or exploring or what not. I remember the extreme disappointment in Assassin's Creed as I had somehow built up the false expectation of it being a realistic version of Oblivion.

Well I been bouncing between Oblivion and Aliens vs Predator for the last week or so.Is it true what they say about the "Vampire glitch"? because I got GOTY version with all 3 expansions for $29.I am glad I never been a victim of assasins creed and that game looked so lame to me it was not worth my time to get into. Go ahead and laugh at me when I say I been a victim of Resident Evil 5 that I paid over $90 for.

As for Final Fantasy II,,Are you talking about the one on Psone FF origins? Am I missing on anything from that game? because I heard there is no "level up" in that version.

Any Arc the Lad and Growlanser fans here?

Edited by Pizza the Hutt