Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Shun, thanks for posting that link!

I guess there's no realistic way of getting the rider to mount in ride armor mode (chest first). I was hoping the 1/10 scale could solve that problem. It would also be nice to have some steering on the front wheel, which is another thing that I was hoping for. Overall, the Beagle looks awesome but a bit overpriced. It is one of those things that you have to have in your hands to see if the price justifies the build quality.

I guess it's a good thing that I didn't invest to heavily on the MH and CMS. I do have one from each company. They have good points for their differing renditions, but I prefer perfect transformation rather than parts swapping one from MH which is why I'm disappointed with the BGC line.

Of the main cast I intend to collect all of the CMS figures. I always dreamed of having ride armor in scale with GI-Joe/star wars figures. So the CM's are dream toys for me. with the release of the Beagle, I feel no need to invest more in the MH figures, and I think I will probably sell off my Current sent of MH ride armor to pay for the beagle.

Finally I can pass this on since it is official now. Over-Drive and I were told about this book back in August but it wasn't a for sure thing at that time. The details we were told was that it should have all Mospeada final production related works. It should contain some prototype and pre-production stuff but the book will not focus that much on it. If this book sells well it will be possible that a second volume will follow full of unreleased works.

New Mospeada Complete Art Works Book 2009

Armored Genesis モスピーダコンプリートアートワークス

160 pages of Talca B5 size plan expected prices: It is going to release it in 2,000 yen (according to the tax) January, 2009

This work of the broadcast is the robot animated cartoon which got a favorable reception in the one of the succeeding works abroad of "super space-time fortress Macross" for 1983 years. The mechanic of the image period including ride Armour where a motorcycle changes into パワードスーツ gets the support of the fan by the present that passed for 25 years, and the commodification such as the figure skating continues. It is the one of the works that great master / Yoshitaka Amano dealt with a character design, and the setting image is a very precious thing. This book is a collection of setting documents of the complete standing matter which covered all the diversity of an existing setting image. The cover of Mr. mechanic design / Shin Aramaki will draw it, and take it down!

Edited by Save

woah! where? how? when? WHERE???? I want! Me likey!!!

ahh january. Cool. I'll be buying this one like there is no tomorrow!

Thanks heaps Save for this sexy info. Soon my mecha fan boy library will be complete!

2009 is off to a great start! :-D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Of the main cast I intend to collect all of the CMS figures. I always dreamed of having ride armor in scale with GI-Joe/star wars figures. So the CM's are dream toys for me. with the release of the Beagle, I feel no need to invest more in the MH figures, and I think I will probably sell off my Current sent of MH ride armor to pay for the beagle.

I'm with you GobotFool. The scale of the CMs fitting in with so many other smaller scale figure lines is very appealing. I couldn't belive it when I got my first look at the CMs late last year early this year. They reminded me so much of my old Robotech Gakken 1:20 scale ride armor (I had Lancer). He was roughly the right scale to have adventures with my Star Wars toys. Everything from gun fights with Boba Fett or helping Leia do her hair.

I won't be able to afford a complete set of the Beagle Cyclones, and so I won't be getting any of them. Just one would create too strong an urge to get them all and I loose all control of my senses (and wallet). This really kills me since that figure line will be in another appealing figure scale I am collecting in, "Mego" sized. After the initial excitement of my CM collection wears off and the first Beagle hits the shelves, I may start singing another tune. Grass is always greener I guess.

Great news on the Armored Genesis book. I'll be picking one up for sure. Thanks Save.

Edited by shornk

160 pages of Talca B5 size plan expected prices: It is going to release it in 2,000 yen (according to the tax) January, 2009

YES!

Toys of my favorite robots can turn out to be total garbage, but it's hard to mess up an artbook. Are there preorders up yet?

Awesome! Do you have the publisher and/or ISBN?

Got my VR-41 post up after a nice little vacation in Seattle. I also snuck in a little comic of a drunk Yellow putting his Ride Armor on, killing his friends, and then speeding off. Morbid? Yes, but it was made mostly through coincidence. Anyway, check out this pose that was done without any trick photography or stands:

CMs%20Yellow%206.jpg

Got my VR-41 post up after a nice little vacation in Seattle. I also snuck in a little comic of a drunk Yellow putting his Ride Armor on, killing his friends, and then speeding off. Morbid? Yes, but it was made mostly through coincidence. Anyway, check out this pose that was done without any trick photography or stands:

CMs%20Yellow%206.jpg

Awesome pose!

Jenius, how is the windshield on the Yellow? And how well do the forearm guards connect to the front wheel?

Edited by danth

Windshield was solid as a rock on mine (but you'll have to forgive me for not deliberately wiggling it too much). I'm pretty certain it is much improved over the Stig and Ley models. The front end wasn't nearly as prone to being pulled apart but bike mode still leaves something to be desired with pegs not holding very well/being a bit too small. Full write up is here.

Edited by jenius

Windshield was solid as a rock on mine (but you'll have to forgive me for not deliberately wiggling it too much). I'm pretty certain it is much improved over the Stig and Ley models. The front end wasn't nearly as prone to being pulled apart but bike mode still leaves something to be desired with pegs not holding very well/being a bit too small. Full write up is here.

Amen on the improvements, and a BIG heads-up on the again too-short pegs for the front fork. Yellow's ceramic knife hubs cannot fit flush against the metal wheel arm due to the attachment pegs, thus in bike mode, the front fork's peg can't quite reach the left hub. Solution? Custom peg ala Ley's ride. I've just finished some light weathering on mine, the dark colors don't need as much 'disguising' as the first 2 toys to look good. Hope to shoot up a storm this weekend. :-)

Edited by drifand

I don't know about '1000x' better, but the nicer proportions have always been the main appeal of the CM's for me. My 'weathering' covers:

- brown-lining for lower leg to simulate dirt/mud caking

- brown mud + oil stain Gundam markers for the boots/soles, foot pedals, inside surfaces of the hip plates and knife-hubs.

- oil stain G-marker for the exhaust tube

- minor retouch in blue for the windshield 'nubs'

- painting over all the exposed screws to match adjacent surfaces. (no qualms about smudging grey G-marker over still-wet blue-paint)

- light shading for the helmet's inner surfaces (otherwise it's too white)

And like Jenius said, real kudos to CM's for being accurate in the things that you will see, e.g. Yellow's helmet having a proper face and chin guard. This is in the same vein as Ray's beam gun being designed to mount correctly versus the kludge on the MH.

True, shame about the fiddliness and lack of chest missiles, but them's the trade-offs.

Finally I can pass this on since it is official now. Over-Drive and I were told about this book back in August but it wasn't a for sure thing at that time. The details we were told was that it should have all Mospeada final production related works. It should contain some prototype and pre-production stuff but the book will not focus that much on it. If this book sells well it will be possible that a second volume will follow full of unreleased works.

This work of the broadcast is the robot animated cartoon which got a favorable reception in the one of the succeeding works abroad of "super space-time fortress Macross" for 1983 years. The mechanic of the image period including ride Armour where a motorcycle changes into パワードスーツ gets the support of the fan by the present that passed for 25 years, and the commodification such as the figure skating continues. It is the one of the works that great master / Yoshitaka Amano dealt with a character design, and the setting image is a very precious thing. This book is a collection of setting documents of the complete standing matter which covered all the diversity of an existing setting image. The cover of Mr. mechanic design / Shin Aramaki will draw it, and take it down!

I thought this would be never happened...

I waiting for this book impatiently..and hope the second volume (unreleased works...OMG) !!!

Many thanks Save!!

Great review as usual, Jenius. BTW, I just checked the price for the Hoquet and Shinobu types just out of curiosity: I forgot that these thingys are a tad more expensive than the MH ones. So much for a cheap alternative. Too bad since I was considering getting the CMs' also in case they beat MH releasing enemy mecha (something Beagle probably will never do).

One more thing: you said that the Blowsuperior is the best proportioned Ridearmor toy yet. Is it better proportioned than the Rey/Stig types also? Did they change anything besides the metal locks and the overall design?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I meant it's the best proportioned VR-41 Ride Armor yet... which just means it's better than the Gakken and the Mega House. The same is true of Stig and Ley's CMs offerings but no, beyond that there weren't significant tweaks to things (other than the obvious mold changes).

One thing I find interesting, CMs is selling Houquet and Shinobu for $12 more than their other Ride Armors. I wonder why the bump?

Pre-order for the book here:

http://www.fukkan.com/fk/CartSearchDetail?i_no=68311011

Dunno if they deal with gaijin, though. If HLJ or Amazon posts a pre-order, someone please post it.

The cover art for the book is going to feature an updated version of the ride armor and armor bike, and the ride armor is going to be holding a gun the likes of which God has never seen.

Anyone hear anything about a solid release date for the Toynami Beta?

It was supposed to ship “October/November,” which I took to mean early 2009, but I would assume some dealers or vendors would have something concrete by now.

I wonder if Toynami will now push the Beta back even further as to not compete with the MPC Cyclone. I'm sure they're aware that many people can't pony up for both a $200 Cyclone and a $150 Tread in the same month. If it's going to be 4 or 5 months between each Ride Armor release then maybe we'll see Tread releases on a staggered schedule at the gap between Cyclones. If that's the case Toynami won't drop the blue Beta until February. That'd be my speculation at least.

Anyone hear anything about a solid release date for the Toynami Beta?

It was supposed to ship “October/November,” which I took to mean early 2009, but I would assume some dealers or vendors would have something concrete by now.

Last I heard the Beagle version is due to ship in about a month. (And DAMN I'm glad I preordered in full with Overdrive before the Au$ went to crap!)

Toynami has always maintained (since SDCC anyway) they want the Masterpiece version out before the end of this year. Robotech.com says so also, which is as "official" as it's going to get (untill they change it).

Some quick snaps of the CM's trio...

01.jpg

The bonus heads are pretty good; Yellow's is best, Stick looks a bit too serious. All 3 toys have had weathering applied to cut back on the plastic sheen.

02.jpg

Put on yer helmets! The rider-to-bike proportions on the CM's are second only to the Beagle. Another bonus part is the rifle mount for Stick's ride, which is also only found on the Beagle. Both Yellow and Ley require custom front-fork pegs to overcome fit-problems.

03.jpg

A closer look at the fine printed details. On the Blowsperior's box, the product photos depict a featureless face under the visor, so I was plenty happy to see it wasn't the case. The facial features may not be 100% accurate but they sure don't look bad at all.

04.jpg

Riders are go!

05.jpg

Last one's an Invid bum... The Blowsperior's tail-end features different detailing from the first two toys.

06.jpg

Ride Armor mode... I love the almost-perfect transformation design. Heck, even the almighty Beagle can't overcome anime magic :-)

07.jpg

Strike a pose! The CM's Ride Armors have surprisingly good balance. The supporting stick is not really necessary but proper display stands do add to the fun.

08.jpg

See? No stands... :-)

Lookout Megahouse, the girls will be here soon! :p