Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

He did get one thing wrong in the review.

It actually IS possible to put Stick in the armour without removing the helmeted head.

All you have to do is open the visor and put him in at a slight angle. Works no problem for me and does not scratch in the slightest.

Alex lets clarify,

Once you open the visor..do you mean put the FIGURE in at an angle(when do you attach his back to the pegs?) ....OR do you mean once you,ve opened the visor ,angle the figure,s HEAD ??? :huh:

Alex lets clarify,

Once you open the visor..do you mean put the FIGURE in at an angle(when do you attach his back to the pegs?) ....OR do you mean once you,ve opened the visor ,angle the figure,s HEAD ??? :huh:

Ok, good point.

Open the visor and put the figure in so tip of the visor is going in first. That allows the entire head to cuuurve in through the opening. You might just have to angle the figure's head up a little, but not that much.

I tried putting the figure onto the back connection points first and also putting the figure's head through BEFORE connecting it to the back points. Both ways worked for me just fine.

Edited by Alex

The collectiondx video review got taken down... I hope because they're going to transform it with the head on. I'd rather see someone else do it so I can correct my review also instead of having to dig the toy out and do it myself :). Yeah, I'm feeling lazy.

I wonder if it is because they used Daft Punk and GNR music with out a license, but then YT usually just mutes the whole movie when that happens.

Edited by Save

Remember that you have to open the visor first and angle it in. At least that's the only way i could do it. You can see that they've designed the collar to fit the helmet but got it a little too small.

The collectiondx video review got taken down... I hope because they're going to transform it with the head on. I'd rather see someone else do it so I can correct my review also instead of having to dig the toy out and do it myself :). Yeah, I'm feeling lazy.

No I am not reshooting the video so you can see me transform it with the head on. Do you have any idea how long this stuff takes? lol. leaving the head on you run a high risk of scratching the helmet. I don't recommend it but if your "that guy" feel free.

The video was removed because I re uploaded it for proper HD. Which it is now. Just hit the link in the lower right of the video. New link is

Edited by Atomski

Atom said there's no indication of their being POM on the packaging, however if you look at the bottom of the box with all the materials it lists ABS, PVC and POM. So that super tough grey plastic is probably POM.

Could you post a picture of the bottom of YOUR box then? Mine doesn't list POM anywhere on the bottom. Only ABS and PVC.

Could you post a picture of the bottom of YOUR box then? Mine doesn't list POM anywhere on the bottom. Only ABS and PVC.

:lol: My box lists POM no less than three times. It says ABS, PVC, POM twice, then ABS, POM and then ABS, PVC with Japanese words before them probably describing what parts are made of what.

It's in the white box at the bottom of the box. Took me about 3 seconds to find.

Vostok 7

:lol: My box lists POM no less than three times. It says ABS, PVC, POM twice, then ABS, POM and then ABS, PVC with Japanese words before them probably describing what parts are made of what.

It's in the white box at the bottom of the box. Took me about 3 seconds to find.

Vostok 7

I know exactly where to look. And on my box it only list abs and pvc. Link to my photo is http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Toys/B...tick05.jpg.html as you can see I am neither blind or stupid. Now if someone has something different please post the photo. I am now wondering if there are different boxes out there?

I know exactly where to look. And on my box it only list abs and pvc. Link to my photo is http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Toys/B...tick05.jpg.html as you can see I am neither blind or stupid. Now if someone has something different please post the photo. I am now wondering if there are different boxes out there?

I'm at my office now but if I remember right, my Beagle box has those warnings/descriptions writen in Japanese. There's no harmony gold/toynami inscription on it :mellow:

ABS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylonitrile_butadiene_styrene

- AKA Styrene, same plastic used for model kits, it's a hard (but somewhat brittle) plastic that holds engraved details well and is somewhat strong.

PVC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PVC

- It's a soft, rubbery plastic, characteristic of action figures and other cheap toys.

POM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyoxymethylene

- AKA Delrin (also goes by other names), is a very strong plastic that resists scratching and other damage extremely well but it is expensive and is practically impossible to paint.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I tried last night to transform the Beagle without removing the head..angling the head with and without him attached to the to the armor pegs...and nothing.

I guess I,m gonna need pics, if this is even possible, the only way that I could see it happening is warping the visor and scratching the helmet and forcing it thru!!...which ain,t gonna happen!

Alex is right ..you can see that Beagle have attempted to shape the collar to do so...but I think that they didn,t make it wide enough..pushing the helmet head thru without scratching it..I just can,t see it..but if someone provides video of this being possible ,that I,d like to see

I'm hoping that someone else can transform the Beagle with the head attached so that I don't have to go to the trouble of posting a video ^_^

It takes a little finesse at first but I can do it now quite easily.

Yep, I got it transformed without removing the helmet. It's very tight, but it works. When you do it you can clearly see that they really tried their best to engineer it so it would do it, it's just extremely tight.

I also have him posed right now in armor mode with the big gun attached to the shoulder armor (front end of bike) and him holding the expanded Gallant. Pretty cool!

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Alex & Vostok

You cute little pioneers ,,,shows us how it,s done ^_^

:lol: What I did was put the chest armor mostly in place and then carefully slide the head through the loop. Once you have it through you can click it into place on the back pegs, then put the shoulder armors into place. You just have to make sure the head is aligned properly as you push it through the loop but if you just carefully slide it through you will see how it's practically designed to go through like that. Just takes a few extra seconds of playing around with it and it works fine.

I doubt I could re-write that to sound any less dirty.

I would take a video but I suspect my wife took off with the video camera since she and the toddler are visiting grandma.

Vostok 7

Okay just got my Beagle.

I have 2 major complaints:-

1) Assembly of the Bike

At first impression, the plastic feels bare as well as hollow. The general assembly of the bike is not very well done... Both halves of Stig's right arm guard are pinching on the red cloth and there is no way I can find a way to fix. The two halves of the gas tank is splitting at the seams near the seat and the seat cannot lock on tightly to it. Plastic halves of the forks at the front wheel and back are also splitting lightly at the seams.

2) Cloth material

The cloth material quality is the worst kind of PVC cloth the red paint is already chipping and flaking on mine at some areas. They remind me of the PVC material that Toycom used to make clothing for the 1st GITS 1/6 Matoko Kusanagi figure... and that material has long melted and peeled it's pvc layer off.

That's it! I not even gonna transform it to find out if there are more bad news. I'll take it back to my retailer for a better copy or a refund.

Also, this is just a gut feeling... but what I take away from the whole product the moment I open the box is, Beagle is just Yamato with a different name. I would like that their involvement was just limited to the packaging, but unfortunately for me, the products feels like it's contracted to Yamato to make, or Beagle are using the same factory that Yamato used. Eitherway, I'm don't care. My future purchases with Beagle if there is ever any, will be based on offer bin prices or deep discounts.

:angry:

Edited by mr.chogokin

:lol: What I did was put the chest armor mostly in place and then carefully slide the head through the loop. Once you have it through you can click it into place on the back pegs, then put the shoulder armors into place. You just have to make sure the head is aligned properly as you push it through the loop but if you just carefully slide it through you will see how it's practically designed to go through like that. Just takes a few extra seconds of playing around with it and it works fine.

I doubt I could re-write that to sound any less dirty.

I would take a video but I suspect my wife took off with the video camera since she and the toddler are visiting grandma.

Vostok 7

Thank god someone else managed to do this. I didn't wanna be the only one and be doubted ^_^

And since they only need to adjust the size by a fraction, can I suggest that SAVE pass that along to Beagle for the improvements on subsequent releases.

Edited by Alex

Yep, so you decided you would hate it, bought it, and hated it. I'm shocked. Your complaints are valid though, there are seams that seemed a little too wide to me and the cloth could be a lot better. I've been thinking about buying a burgundy leather jacket from a thrift store for a mod but that seems like too much work right now. Still, that was the best Ride Armor toy you ever touched.

Yep, so you decided you would hate it, bought it, and hated it. I'm shocked. Your complaints are valid though, there are seams that seemed a little too wide to me and the cloth could be a lot better. I've been thinking about buying a burgundy leather jacket from a thrift store for a mod but that seems like too much work right now. Still, that was the best Ride Armor toy you ever touched.

Don't know if anyone remembers the Beagle-esque figure I started a while back. I'm just going to buy a few of those suits and use those.

Actually, I bought it before I decided I would hate it. The other thread to Beagle for realistic fixes was what I stumbled upon after my Beagle pre-order is shipped. Still, I don't know... I can get it changed to a better copy. I really want to believe what you said about it being the best ride armor I ever touched. Wish me luck!

Guys, maybe need some help here.. i dsicover my crotch area just started to tear off, is there any better way to mend this tear ?

i was thinking of dismantling all the parts, but i was not very confident of doing it, since it costs me USD$230 just to get it..

Any gd suggestions??

After looking at my copy, I don't think that dismantling the parts just to fix the cloth tear is a recommended idea... also, I don't think it's the cloth, but the pvc layer of the cloth that's tearing. A better quality pvc cloth shouldn't be tearing like this! Looking at mine, the tear seem to be made worse when you put stig on a riding mode. So try not to spread his legs or do an extreme a stance.

Another megahouse exclusive

the black blowsperior

oizznn.jpg

14av4ee.jpg

fcqnuv.jpg

tem: Variable Action Mospeada Black Blowsperior

Height: 14cm

Series: Genesis Climber Mospeada

Maker: MegaHouse

Retail price: 6,000 yen

Release date: 11 February 2009

Info: MegaHobby Expo 2009 event exclusive. Item will also be available for online order after the event from 13 February onwards through Megatrea Shop.

Credits to 'Tokyohunter' for translation

HLJ has a megahouse "Dark" version on pre-order but the photo shown is of a Stick type.

It is not listed with the rest of the megahouse "action figures" but under toys.

If my defective memory serves, the only "dark" ride armor was for that camera girl near the end of the series.

Sad, Megahouse needs to keep up with CM and release more than recolors.

After looking at my copy, I don't think that dismantling the parts just to fix the cloth tear is a recommended idea... also, I don't think it's the cloth, but the pvc layer of the cloth that's tearing. A better quality pvc cloth shouldn't be tearing like this! Looking at mine, the tear seem to be made worse when you put stig on a riding mode. So try not to spread his legs or do an extreme a stance.

Could you take some snapshots of the damage?