Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Save, you're a lucky man to meet Mr Kakinuma!!

RavenHawk, are you talking about this?

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...st&p=549962

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...st&p=564528

http://textfiend.net/zerohero/?p=330 (for Hobby japan 06/2007)

akim.

Yes, I think so. I haven't seen them, just read some posts mentioning them, so I'm going to assume that that's it.

Love to see more of Aramaki's new designs for the MOSPEADA, like on the Animation Bikes book cover. Looks like a combo of the old MOSPEADA with a Yamaha R1 to me (which, being one of the bikes that I own, makes me an even bigger fan of new designs for this...)

There is the proto Mospeada project that looks like a collaboration between Aramaki and Nandy, but I cant read Jap. I haven't seen any other pics quite like the one on the cover of the book that include armor etc.

Making of Proto Mospeada

Some pics from the articles:

vol1_02.jpgvol5_13.jpg

vol5_06.jpg

Yep, I've been checking that site and his progress weekly for a couple months now.

FYI, if you right-click on the page, go to "page info", you can click on a translation of the page done by google. Not perfect, but enough to give you the gist of the page.

So if I understand correctly, Shinji Aramaki and this guy, who's obviously a custom bikes designer, are working on a mospeadish looking real life motorcycle? Cool! Doesn't look like Aramaki aimed at a variable design tho'.

The helmet is definitely Megazone 23.

I think Aramaki is friends with him and is more kind of consulting on the project, rather than really working on it.

Nandy is a custom bike builder, so this isn't supposed to be variable, just a custom bike inspired by MOSPEADA, kind of looking like a prototype for a MOSPEADA before any transformation sequence would've been incorporated.

I think Aramaki is friends with him and is more kind of consulting on the project, rather than really working on it.

Nandy is a custom bike builder, so this isn't supposed to be variable, just a custom bike inspired by MOSPEADA, kind of looking like a prototype for a MOSPEADA before any transformation sequence would've been incorporated.

Nandy is a personal friend of Aramaki, and he also knows allot of the original Artmic team. He told me something about the original plot back story of Mospeada. He said it had something to do with police bikes something like that or another I can't remember but it was all prior to the Inbit invading. Apparently there is no early concept art of a non transformable version so Aramaki came up with is design when Nandy's project started. So the proto Mospeada didn't need to have a ride armor function until the first reclaim force attacked that is why it looks more like Yellows ride armor. Aramaki is involved on the project and Nandy got approval from Tatsunoko so if you want to consider it cannon go ahead if you don't then don't. There is a proto mospeada helmet conversation kit available for sale too.

Go ahead somebody tell me I don't know what I'm talking about but that is what it is.

Nandy is a personal friend of Aramaki, and he also knows allot of the original Artmic team. He told me something about the original plot back story of Mospeada. He said it had something to do with police bikes something like that or another I can't remember but it was all prior to the Inbit invading. Apparently there is no early concept art of a non transformable version so Aramaki came up with is design when Nandy's project started. So the proto Mospeada didn't need to have a ride armor function until the first reclaim force attacked that is why it looks more like Yellows ride armor. Aramaki is involved on the project and Nandy got approval from Tatsunoko so if you want to consider it cannon go ahead if you don't then don't. There is a proto mospeada helmet conversation kit available for sale too.

Go ahead somebody tell me I don't know what I'm talking about but that is what it is.

You probably do (and it's very cool that you got a chance to talk to him... I would love to someday), the only detail I wanted to clarify is that, according to an interview I read with Aramaki a few years back (and I've looked recently, but can't find it, so if someone can, please post the link), his original idea for MOSPEADA was for it to be a police show. The bikes would transform into robots, which were the cops' partners. That show was to be "A.D. Police." This then got changed into armor, instead of a robot, and then eventually became MOSPEADA. Later, when Bubblegum Crisis was being created, he used his ideas for the A.D. Police there, as well as the motoslaves which can transform from bike, to armor, to autonomous robot.

vol5_06.jpg

The bike looks cool, cannon or not. But, if you look close you will se that almost all of it is photoshop. Good photoshop but photoshop none the less.

I was thinking about building a ride armor bike about a year ago and even purchased the bike I was going to start with. Unfortunately my regular shop work picked up, I got 2 more racebikes and I tore my car apart again. I have plenty of projects, LOL. I ended up selling the bike I was going to use for the project (Suzuki TL1000). I had a pretty good plan, it was going to look 95% line art accurate. There are somethings that are impossible to do and still have the bike functional. My intent was to have it functional enough where you could do everything you can with a "real" bike like wheelies, stoppies, 160mph, take it to the track, etc. I guess I can always tackle it in the next few years. It won't be too expensive, just a lot of work.

Yeah, that pic is a Photoshop paintover. They took a photo of the bike that they want to modify and airbrushed the concept bike over the top to check proportions etc. That's why the brakes, internal details and wheels are more realistic looking, they haven't been retouched as much.

You probably do (and it's very cool that you got a chance to talk to him... I would love to someday), the only detail I wanted to clarify is that, according to an interview I read with Aramaki a few years back (and I've looked recently, but can't find it, so if someone can, please post the link), his original idea for MOSPEADA was for it to be a police show. The bikes would transform into robots, which were the cops' partners. That show was to be "A.D. Police." This then got changed into armor, instead of a robot, and then eventually became MOSPEADA. Later, when Bubblegum Crisis was being created, he used his ideas for the A.D. Police there, as well as the motoslaves which can transform from bike, to armor, to autonomous robot.

This is a pic from the Animation Bikes book showing what was possibly a concept sketch for the police bikes (I'm not sure what the pic on the left is so I left it in):

MospeadaPolice.jpg

If someone is willing to do a translation I can scan and upload the interview pages at the back with Kakinuma and Aramaki..?

Yeah, that pic is a Photoshop paintover. They took a photo of the bike that they want to modify and airbrushed the concept bike over the top to check proportions etc. That's why the brakes, internal details and wheels are more realistic looking, they haven't been retouched as much.

This is a pic from the Animation Bikes book showing what was possibly a concept sketch for the police bikes (I'm not sure what the pic on the left is so I left it in):

MospeadaPolice.jpg

If someone is willing to do a translation I can scan and upload the interview pages at the back with Kakinuma and Aramaki..?

I have the book too and can scan a portion too, if that helps to get things going quicker.

The bike looks cool, cannon or not. But, if you look close you will se that almost all of it is photoshop. Good photoshop but photoshop none the less.

I was thinking about building a ride armor bike about a year ago and even purchased the bike I was going to start with. Unfortunately my regular shop work picked up, I got 2 more racebikes and I tore my car apart again. I have plenty of projects, LOL. I ended up selling the bike I was going to use for the project (Suzuki TL1000). I had a pretty good plan, it was going to look 95% line art accurate. There are somethings that are impossible to do and still have the bike functional. My intent was to have it functional enough where you could do everything you can with a "real" bike like wheelies, stoppies, 160mph, take it to the track, etc. I guess I can always tackle it in the next few years. It won't be too expensive, just a lot of work.

I bought a beat up Yamaha SRX250 which I'm going to fix up as a project with my son and possibly do into a MOSPEADA-esque bike. I'd love to chat on what your plans were for the TL1000, if you're up for it?

Now, if we can get some more new MOSPEADA pics from Aramaki like he did for the cover of the Animation Bikes book, I could redo my 2005 Yamaha R1 to match...

The "green" we were referring to were the limited edition CM's Mospeadas featuring rider figures with green uniforms. This is the VR-052T MOSPEADA version that I have. I hadn't realized there was a VR-052F version as well.

http://www.cmscorp.jp/news/img/2008win_wf/.../mospeada_a.jpg

I don't remember any green-uniformed riders in the anime either. Blue, red and purple, yes. No green though. I'm actually only interested in anime-accurate colors, so am probably going to sell my green "Soldier version" if anyone's interested.

Regarding the CM'S toys, both were limited exclusives at different events.

I'd be interested in that toy if the price is right :ph34r: but... you might want to know these "green" uniformed soldiers did appear in the anime :lol: . Check out the last 2nd episode - there are so many of them, basically everyone else is wearing green. We see them riding both T and F versions.

cap015of9.th.jpg cap016an0.th.jpg cap017tr1.th.jpg

Edited by Shun

Crap, now I gotta buy like 20 more of these greenies to build an army...

okay, maybe not.

EDIT - I'm guessing with all those greenies around there weren't any T and/or F Black Ride Armors? So anyone who is a stickler for "from the show" schemes can probably skip those.

Edited by jenius

Regarding the CM'S toys, both were limited exclusives at different events.

I'd be interested in that toy if the price is right :ph34r: but... you might want to know these "green" uniformed soldiers did appear in the anime :lol: . Check out the last 2nd episode - there are so many of them, basically everyone else is wearing green. We see them riding both T and F versions.

THANK YOU, SHUN! But damn, now I need to find an F version...

Sorry to be a flake, but I'll need to keep my anime-accurate green Soldier Version now, haha. :) Then again, so far no one's been interested at the $120 price I was asking for anyway. (I paid an agent a 100% commission to pick up one of these for me at WonderFest.)

Edited by emerson

Very odd that Toywave would be the first place we'd see it. I haven't heard a peep from domestic retailers and the MPCs were released stateside first previously.

EDIT - I also wonder why there's transparent tape shown inside the box.

Edited by jenius

05811bt8.jpg

TOY-RBT-0552_01.jpg

"Dark Mospeada" from Megahouse to be out in late Feb 2009. Comes with bigger tyres (similar to Yellow's Blowspieror) and improved elbow joints (similar to Yellow's).

[this color scheme was never shown in the original anime. Near the end of the series, there were Dark Legioss and Treads but we've never seen a dark colored Mospeada. The lady spy was using a different model: Bartley - similar to Houquet's but in dark colored scheme.]

This new one is different from the limited exclusive black Mospeada that was released - that exclusive is all black.

more pics:

http://www.amiami.com/shop?vgForm=ProductI...ate=review.html

Still waiting for their Houquet / Shinobu versions (Bartley) for a loooooooong time now.

And we also want the jeep too!!