Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

yeah the megahouse stick/ley version are especially rediculous looking.

th bikes front forks and cowling are truly disturbing.and the figures legs are way to short,soulders way to wide.

lets hope the radically different fuke type look good..though,i'll get it either way.

i think even beagle could have figure out a way to get the legs to widen somehow to look more line-art accurate...especially for $300 shipped from japan <_<

CMs box on the left, Mega House (distributed in the US by Toynami who puts their sticker over the Mega House emblem) on the right.

I typed my post out wrong. I transposed CM and MH. My box is the one on the right. I just couldn't figure out why there were no MH branding on it and was wondering if I got some kind of third (crap) option by mistake. :)

i think even beagle could have figure out a way to get the legs to widen somehow to look more line-art accurate...especially for $300 shipped from japan <_<

Where are you seeing pricing for the Beagle? Are they up for pre-orcer yet? Where? Got a link? And lastly, when are they due out? I'm sure I will be getting one.

Where are you seeing pricing for the Beagle? Are they up for pre-orcer yet? Where? Got a link? And lastly, when are they due out? I'm sure I will be getting one.

Overdrive have the best deal I've seen at $199 + EMS shipping. LINK I'm not sre if they are still taking preorders but it doesn't look closed...

HLJ has them for the RRP of 24000Yen (about $245) + EMS Shipping LINK

I don't know if LOS (Lost and Found Toys) or Kevin (Valkyrie Exchange) are taking orders.

Due for release at the end of November (yes, about 3 weeks)...

The Toynami version would be cheaper for US residents I imagine, but... you know...

No, only the chick (Houquet/Shinobu Type) Ride Armour gets a black (Shinobu's) colour.

While we are on thissubject -

http://www.hlj.com/product/CMS65241 - Ride Armor Mospeada 21 Type

http://www.hlj.com/product/CMS65242 - Ride Armor Mospeada 31 Type

early birds

I quite like the black, i'd be tempted to get a Stick or Rey fig and that would be my only Cm R/Armour...

Hey i wonder if the Stick Black (21) still gets the Beam Rifle?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I figured they'd save the black male ride armors for event exclusives but maybe since Mega House did there Dark Ride Armor as an exclusive CMs didn't want to look like they were copying the idea... That and it's probably more economically sensible not to make them 100 a piece exclusives like just about everything else they made has been. Needless to say, I'll grab one of each. I hope they reissue Stig and Ley with their 2nd edition improvements also (sturdier wind screens and metal swing arm locks).

An update was just posted on Robotech.com from Steve Yun about the Beta Fighter, he stated:

"I asked Toynami about the exact ship date, and they said it will be shipped out to retailers in the first week of December.

Sorry to everyone who was counting on it arriving in November. I've updated the store item to reflect the new shipping ETA."

Edited by woll622

Ah you have to love repaints... they're almost instantly profitable so production runs can be TEEEEENy. Hmm, now I got to decide if they're worth transforming when I get them or should I leave them forever in bike mode? I think these ones will be transformed.

PS - I also heard something from a vendor that sounded like he already had the black ones in stock but it may just be a misunderstanding.

Edited by jenius

An update was just posted on Robotech.com from Steve Yun about the Beta Fighter, he stated:

"I asked Toynami about the exact ship date, and they said it will be shipped out to retailers in the first week of December.

Sorry to everyone who was counting on it arriving in November. I've updated the store item to reflect the new shipping ETA."

Right, December 2009 most likely knowing Toynami...

And even then the design will look good, but will be garbage QC and way overpriced. Clearance sale for the win!!!

Seems like Toynami never produced or released the whole lot anyway, so they could easily put some more on the market to meet the new demand without upsetting the collectors.

Personally I'd prefer a whole new fixed edition without all the useless die cast and the fancy book style box. I also hope the Beta won't have much die cast either.

Now where's my MH Houquet?!

One of the best things they could do is to make the fists swappable PVC instead of unsuccessfully aping Master Grade kit-hands with Disaster-Grade construction. And definitely agree about the boxes... they really should put more money into the product.

I vaguely recall an interview with George Sohn where he was bragging about the MPC boxes. He contended that they were fantastic boxes and the price per unit was tiny so it wasn't really a detriment to the price of the toys. I really like the boxes so while I agree they have a ton of progress to make on the toys I'd like them to keep doing a good job in the one place where they seem most capable!

The guys at Overdrive had a sample they were playing with, I'm sure it can't be long before we're all playing with our own.

Part 1 is almost done! I took over 200 pictures and it has taken me a while to sort for the best ones then figure out what to write. Should be up in a few hours.

85 step instruction booklet? Is that just for transformation? :huh:

85 steps Just for the transformation, Part 2 will focus more on the instruction booklet as well.

NEW FLASH

Just got back from a hobby show with Over-Drive and it will be delayed. If we are lucky it will be the end of December, but realistically it looks like Jan of 09. Sorry to break the news we just found out at the show, still things could change.

Just got back from a hobby show with Over-Drive and it will be delayed. If we are lucky it will be the end of December, but realistically it looks like Jan of 09. Sorry to break the news we just found out at the show, still things could change.

:(

I was really looking forward to giving one to my bro for Christmas too.

What is this trend with Japanese toy makers and bogus release dates. Yamato, Takara, Bandai and now Beagle...?

edit: And I hope the reason for the delay isn't HG related. I will be really pissed if the reason the Beagle release date was knocked back was to accomodate a pre-Christmas release for HG.

Edited by Tober