Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

CM'S Corplation 120mm mini-scale VR-038L #CMS652403

(Option tundem-riding parts, Funky-childish-girl:Mint-Rubble)

RL-6 Beam-Bazooka (ot rocket-launcer byt ROBOTECH ver.)

Price:7,350yen

sub04_l.jpg

main.jpg

sub01_l.jpg

sub02_l.jpg

sub03_l.jpg

Rook-Bartley

I revised Japanese Wiki article Mospeada

Edited by yui1107

So CMs is going to release black repaints of Stig and Ley also? Man, CMs is making my life as a completist hard. I suspected the black camcorder version with the girl for sure (I'd be surprised if Mega House doesn't do her also... makes coming up with a Houquet mold a bit more profitable).

EDIT - Ugh, first CMs call Yellow's bike "Blowsperior" and now they're calling Houquet "FUKE."

Edited by jenius

Ahh CM's Houquet looks buyable but i'm totally holding out for MH and Beagle versions.

Doubt i will bother getting a Shinobu MH... Unless she had some sought of extras included (like Mint).

Thanks for the pics yui1107!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

TOY-RBT-0496_02.jpg

damn... that Mint pillion figure is tempting me to get Houquet/Fuke...

2 figures of Mint comes with CMS Fuke, one is a standing pose, the other is a pillion rider/"tandem" pose that can be used with CMS Rey.

I didn't get CMS Yellow coz it didnt have chest missiles. i hope MH comes out with their Houquet and Shinobu versions soon. complete with Mint of coz...

BTW, these CMS figures are on sale in November.

Edited by Shun

Just 1 quick question: is the Shinobu repaint 'canon' to Mospeada? Don't really recall seeing it when I last viewed the series years ago...

Anyway, I'm hoping to grunge up my CM's Blowsuperior (ugh) this weekend... it's been too long since I had something nice to photograph. :-)

I can't comment if they got it exactly right but I'm fairly certain she still has her ride armor when Stig and crew find her. I believe she's zipping around on it filming the group's battle against the human-style Inbit when a shot down Inbit clips and kills her.

Hey! The fixed pillion pose Mint figure was MH's idea! C'mon, Mega House, show them who you are releasing a fully poseable Mint next!

Seriously now. All these CMs releases are very tempting, but I have my money on the Mega House line already, so I'll just be patient.

New Beagle Photo sighted at a Japanese Trade Hobby show. Looks like Ley / Rand is next for Beagle with a March 2009 release.

PA1647042.jpg

post-10303-1224176739_thumb.jpg

Edited by shornk

I was wondering what happened to that prototype. Beagle actually showed off pics of it a long time ago but I guess they then shelved it while they tried to design a proper helmet-less head for Ray. Now we need close-ups of this head so we can argue over whether or not we think the RT MPC will come with a "Yune-ified" version.

I can't comment if they got it exactly right but I'm fairly certain she still has her ride armor when Stig and crew find her. I believe she's zipping around on it filming the group's battle against the human-style Inbit when a shot down Inbit clips and kills her.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cyc01/ep.htm#23

Yeah they find her at the begining of the episode in a shadow colored Mospeada.

CMs is very tempting.

For me the CMs and Beagle are the best two mospeada Ride Armour toys.

Notice how strict people were on bandai for line art accuracy on their macross frontier toys but they go easy on the mospeada toys and figures? (megahouse is so popular here but to me they have bad looking riders)

CMs should upscale the CMs though. Make them bigger and more detailed like the MH but without any sacrifices.

looks like Rey got a hysterectomy... the face sculpt is kinda retarded also...

MUST GET IT! :p

Yes retarded in the word. "looks like you could use a shower stinky!" "i'm a w-w-w-water boy duhhhhhh!"

"You can do eit! cut his f'n head off!" *looks around* <_< >_> :lol:

one more

"thank you all... for being my friend" YAYYYYYYEHHHH! *cheers!*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So, if the Ray/Rand Beagle releases in March of next year, the Toymani version will probably release in April. I am going with the MPC version becuase I like not paying so much shipping to the US and I can see everyone's reviews before I get mine. I better start coming up with a good excuse why I need another $200 display item. :)

If i decide on getting Rey's it will probably be a US release, i got good contacts in the US so i think i'll save big bucks compared to

getting it from hlj.com or something, guess we'll see. I think i'll still hold out and only get Houquets R/Armour for beagle,

and just be completist for the M/House. (not including their exclusives)

Intersting to see the detail under the cloth btw.

How tall would these be approx?

Also, i would have liked the underskin (not sure if it's the same with the completed Stick) to be flesh coloured. But oh well.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ruskii, I believe RT.com states that STig stands 7.5" tall without the armor, 8.5" for full armor height. I can only imagine why you want his bits under his clothes flesh colored... you must be thinking of one crazy custom.

some more pics of the Beagle's... not sure if its been posted before... but IMO, if that is really the end product we're getting, then it's very disappointing. the thing looks plasticky, esp the figure itself - look at that chest.... good thing is it is perfect transformation, no need to remove parts.

http://postchan.exblog.jp/9827665/

I would say the Beagle Ray head Sculpt is based off of Paul McCartney as seen in the Yellow Submarine.

beatles2.jpg

All fooling aside, I can see why fans of the show would be irritated with such a high priced figure that doesn't have a very strong likeness. MegaHouse has done a very nice job with character faces and while CM Corp's brave line isn't as perfect they are still good. Why can't Beagle do this I don't know.

About the size, it appears Beagle will be 1/10th scale and should be very close to the size of a Mego action figure doll like the retro Star Trek and Pota figures Diamond Select are reissuing as of late.

Edited by shornk

I just wish the toy was cheaper.

I'm not confident I could ever afford to get the whole set of characters although I want to. :(

And about the inaccurate face, that just gave me an idea: they could release a non-canon cannon fodder ride armor. :p

Just have a generic soldier's face to milk us for more money.

So which characters are you guys going to be getting? (assuming they do them all)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I just wish the toy was cheaper.

I'm not confident I could ever afford to get the whole set of characters although I want to. :(

And about the inaccurate face, that just gave me an idea: they could release a non-canon cannon fodder ride armor. :p

Just have a generic soldier's face to milk us for more money.

So which characters are you guys going to be getting? (assuming they do them all)

I'd be most inclined to skip Rey. I was never that fond of the very minor differences between his armor and Bernards. If they were releasing them all at the same time I'd go for Lancer's and Houquett's first and then try and grab Bernard's. If I have the funds and there is nothing else I badly want, I'll pick up a Rey if he got discounted. With the current release schedule I'm definitely going to grab Bernard and skip Rey and start saving up for a Lancer and a Houquett.

For me it's going to be Bernard and Houquett.

So did someone here at this forum, say they could get a better deal than the HG/toynami deal on this website a while ago?

Now that we know it's $200 for modded-head US edition, I think it might be a good idea to start posting about the best deals that are out there. Now that there is no difference in price, there's no point going local and getting RT versions of the character.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

For me it's going to be Bernard and Houquett.

So did someone here at this forum, say they could get a better deal than the HG/toynami deal on this website a while ago?

Now that we know it's $200 for modded-head US edition, I think it might be a good idea to start posting about the best deals that are out there. Now that there is no difference in price, there's no point going local and getting RT versions of the character.

Overdrive has the cheapest price I've seen. $199.99 + shipping, which is about 20% off RRP. They have my orders anyway ;)

LINK