Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

I wonder if there are any chances of scots alpha being rereleased. To appease collectors they could make it all plastic like they did with their much cheaper version of voltron. Considering all the chipping caused by their choice of diecast placement I'd rather have an all plastic alpha than one with diecast.

I wonder if there are any chances of scots alpha being rereleased. To appease collectors they could make it all plastic like they did with their much cheaper version of voltron. Considering all the chipping caused by their choice of diecast placement I'd rather have an all plastic alpha than one with diecast.

I'd definitley second that, especially if they made very minor improvements to fit and finish. The only problem with an all plastic one is that it seems like they don't use very good plastic...

Also, I still have yet to hear of anyone with an MPC Scott over 10K so I think there are more lurking in a warehouse...

Edited by jenius

Kevin (valk exchange) deals with Toynami (begrudgingly sometimes I'm sure). Since we're probably no where near a Toynami release I'll bet he'll come through with a preorder at some point down the road.

Hey yeah Kev will always be the go if he's come to the party.

Kevin is a very good suggestion. I got my blue Alpha from him and I even got him check the damn toy for issues before shipping it to me, because living in Mexico city it was a pain to return a defective one to Toynami myself. Kevin rules. Thanks, Jenius.

I got my red Rook Alpha from him. :D Before the days of Toynami bashing.... :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Since you're the only other person I know who has one, were you immediately turned off also by the two different tones of white? The intakes look different from the head? What's up with that?

Actually, I didn't even notice the two-tone white. I transformed it to fighter mode straight away, at which point I was disgusted with it and put it back in the box. It's just so sad. The fighter looks so good in line art... *sigh*

Preorders up...

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34686

There is really too much great stuff coming out in December. I dont know what I am going to do! I already have my preorders in on the DX VF-25 Alto and the Destroid Defender, and the HGIF Frontier box, And Yoko, and there is still a lot more that I want including this! Crap!

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited by miriya

I'm really finding it odd the number of people who saw pictures of what Toynami was calling their MPC before the Beagle and saying it would cost $79.99 and now see pictures of the leaps and bounds better Beagle and say "That should cost $79.99!" Are these people saying they want the crappier prototype at the original price instead? Should Toynami have made their own and sold it for $79.99 and then offered the Beagle as a "Super Masterpiece." I could only imagine if that had happened everyone would be saying "This thing sucks, I'd rather have the Mega House for $59.99!" when they bought Toynami's home-brewed MPC.

If I were Tam my announcement would be: Good news! Toynami has cancelled their MPC Cyclone and thus I have to cancel everyone's preorders. Why is this good news? Because Toynami is instead importing the Beagle Ride Armor. It's about three times as expensive but looks five times better!

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if the Beagle cost $79.99 but considering how much better it looks than what Toynami was showing... well, I've rambled enough.

uhhh. what planet??? toynami bashing started with the first MPC.

lol, this was when i came to lurk on Macrossworld. RT.com was like just a chat room to me and didn't bother with the forums to discuss the collectables. :p

I honestly didn't know much about their first line of mishaps coz i saw the Yamato 1/60 v.1 first. :p And i really loved Mospeada, and wanted a decent Legioss. :(

I'm really finding it odd the number of people who saw pictures of what Toynami was calling their MPC before the Beagle and saying it would cost $79.99 and now see pictures of the leaps and bounds better Beagle and say "That should cost $79.99!" Are these people saying they want the crappier prototype at the original price instead? Should Toynami have made their own and sold it for $79.99 and then offered the Beagle as a "Super Masterpiece." I could only imagine if that had happened everyone would be saying "This thing sucks, I'd rather have the Mega House for $59.99!" when they bought Toynami's home-brewed MPC.

If I were Tam my announcement would be: Good news! Toynami has cancelled their MPC Cyclone and thus I have to cancel everyone's preorders. Why is this good news? Because Toynami is instead importing the Beagle Ride Armor. It's about three times as expensive but looks five times better!

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if the Beagle cost $79.99 but considering how much better it looks than what Toynami was showing... well, I've rambled enough.

*sniff* I'm just happy to get such a beautiful, as perfect as it can get transformation ride armor that looks heads and bounds better than anything we've gotten in both modes.

I'd definitley second that, especially if they made very minor improvements to fit and finish. The only problem with an all plastic one is that it seems like they don't use very good plastic...

Also, I still have yet to hear of anyone with an MPC Scott over 10K so I think there are more lurking in a warehouse...

Yeah, I really just wish toynami would give up on diecast. Honestly, I wish most transforming toys would give up on die-cast and make the toys out of better plastics and give us really nice paint jobs instead. I love the feel of a good heavy gokin as much as the next guy, but I buy transforming toys for the transforming gimmick, and worrying about chipping, and chips are inevitable no matter how careful you are with some of these things, really detracts from the fun of the toy.

I am assuming we'll get the same product (the beagle) from Toynami. Is it safe to wait for it? or is it better to just go with the begale and pay the extra $50 on shipping?

not really sure what to do here. Based on Toynami's record it may be never released or at least delayed some time..........

I am assuming we'll get the same product (the beagle) from Toynami. Is it safe to wait for it? or is it better to just go with the begale and pay the extra $50 on shipping?

not really sure what to do here. Based on Toynami's record it may be never released or at least delayed some time..........

Fiscally, it makes sense for Toynnami to have their stock created at the same time as Beagle and manufactured at the same factory with the same assemblers. The Toynami Mastrpiece is supposed to come with an additional head and the book-style packaging. It looks like they are set to release about a month apart which would makes sense for the additional manufacturing and import into the USA.

Toynami are however notoriously unreliable.

Since you're the only other person I know who has one, were you immediately turned off also by the two different tones of white? The intakes look different from the head? What's up with that?

yes its 2 different tones. the chest "white" is in fact yellowish yucks!

that lower part of the claw is not poseable duuh. was interesting to see the intake details again, didn't notice them in the pics before.

Fiscally, it makes sense for Toynnami to have their stock created at the same time as Beagle and manufactured at the same factory with the same assemblers. The Toynami Mastrpiece is supposed to come with an additional head and the book-style packaging. It looks like they are set to release about a month apart which would makes sense for the additional manufacturing and import into the USA.

Toynami are however notoriously unreliable.

hmmm is it confirmed Toynami's version comes with an additional head or is the toynami ver head gonna replace the japanese version? i've always been hearing that it is a replacement not an addition.

have to agree that's a nice review. just want to mention that my dark legioss didn't have that tight metal hinge problem. (however, my blue legioss has an extremely tight left shoulder metal joint....)

and his pics the off-white coloring of the chest intake was not that obvious. mine is... T_T

dscn8450axl4.th.jpg

Bonus-parts: " M312SC Military recording camera"

CM'S Corplation 120mm mini-scale VR-038L #CMS652434

Price:7,350yen

[sub01_l.jpg

sub02_l.jpg

main.jpg

sub03_l.jpg

Sue-Graham

Edited by yui1107