Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

You just lost your bet.

I live outside Japan, in Singapore to be exact. Many many years ago, the local TV broadcaster was showing the uncontaminated Mospeada (ok ok... minus some bathing scenes :p). If I'm not wrong, Taiwan and maybe HK was showing the same uncontaminated stuff too. Not all countries outside Japan buy Harmony Crap.

In fact, local tv showed the uncontaminated versions of Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeada.

I was very very little then, and i taped the episodes. Mospeada made a lasting and deep impression in me, much more than Macross (which i managed to watch the uncontaminated version too, before i know about Robocrap). That's why Mospeada is still one of my fav anime of all time. Southern Cross i didn't like at that time, so i didn't watch all or i don't remember much from it.

Yes, I'm very grateful for not being contaminated. ^_^

gooo for you

I just scored a set of all three Megahouse's for $147 at eBay. $49 per figure. I'm very happy since all MH's are going for 70 to 90 each on eBay right now.

I was watching the auction, but I thought it would be a very tough one so I didn't bother to bid. Today I checked the auction and it was literally in its last minute. I made my offer within the last forty seconds and I won. Somebody must be hating me right now :p

Any early reviews of the Crapnami Beta? I am still debating whether to pre-order it or wait for jenius' review ...

I'm leaning towards the side of caution this time around and wait for JENIUS' review. I don't wanna end up being disappointed about the BETA like I did for the very 1st ALPHA that I bought.

I have the Toynami Beta on preorder. Toynami isn't the most efficient distributor though (so it seems to me). I've preordered a few of their products now and it always seems a complete crapshoot on who will get the item in stock first. That said, I'll definitely drop everything and review it when mine comes in.

Jenius,

We are all counting on you for the review on Toynami Beta. I for one am interested only in the green one, which is the last to come out, so i am not in a hurry, but still, wanna see if this is an expense i need to worry about this year or next year.

I live outside Japan, in Singapore to be exact. Many many years ago, the local TV broadcaster was showing the uncontaminated Mospeada (ok ok... minus some bathing scenes tongue.gif). If I'm not wrong, Taiwan and maybe HK was showing the same uncontaminated stuff too. Not all countries outside Japan buy Harmony Crap.

Hah, neighbor down south!

In my country, Malaysia, the local TV broadcaster (RTM) aired both SDF:M & GC:Mospeada in late 1980's - dubbed in Malay, of course, minus the nude scenes - & surprise, in early 1990's, another Malaysian TV station (TV3) aired ROBOTECH in its entirety, even aired in the RT II: Sentinel the Movie for the finale.

TV3 later re-aired GC Mospeada (Malay-dub) back in 2001.

Sufficed to say, I was exposed to both Macross & Mospeada BEFORE I watched RT, unlike most forummers here who by far, watched the RT version 1st, & later followed up with original SDF:M & its installments.

I treat ROBOTECH differently from Macross-verse. I enjoyed 'em both immensely. I don't have any of those emo-baggages that most Macross fans have towards ROBOTECH.

Besides, both are cartoons, & both HG (plus Tatsunoko) & BW in partnership with either Toynami & Bandai pimped us the lovers of idiot box.

Besides, eversince HG went the route of MOSPEADA while effectively killing any Macross references from future RT sequels (if there ever one) like the Zentraedi [goodbye Exedore & Breetai, bitten the dust yer are thanks to Tommy Yune) with little to no screen time to key Macross characters (albeit heavily altered) namely Rick Hunter (Hikaru Ichijo) & Lisa Hayes (Misa Hayase).

Truth be told, I watch RTSC just for the sake to watch the Legios (uhh Alphas) & the epic Inbit vs Earth Reclaimation Fleet.

Well, I really hope HG with DR Movie & Tatsunoko could release RTSC as MOSPEADA II OAV in Japan, just enough to cash in with the revivalist MOSPEADA toy / model market there.

With enough interest, some Japanese TV station like NHK or TV Tokyo might want to commission new mecha series, with Kenji Terada & Shinji Aramaki backing, atleast 26 eps of brand new MOSPEADA II could be a reality, with the actual animation farmed out to DR Movie back in Korea. Sure, MOSPEADA II series will quickly fade out like its cousin, the retcon Bubblegum Crisis 2040, but atleast there's something for fans.

HG could easily re-edited MOSPEADA II series into new RT sequel in US market, & be done with it ... that's what HG does best, with any original RT animation actually stunk (like RT II; Sentinel) & mediocre at best (RTSC).

If I'm not wrong, Taiwan and maybe HK was showing the same uncontaminated stuff too. Not all countries outside Japan buy Harmony Crap.

You're MOST definitely wrong. Malaysia & the Philippines showed & aired both original GC MOSPEADA & SDF: MACROSS together with ROBOTECH from 1980s - 1990s, Singapore is no exception. To my knowledge, only Taiwan & HK aired GC: Mosp & SDF;M minus RT.

The BIGGEST MARKET of 'em all, the BIG, RED China trumps up with ROBOTECH fairly popular over there, from 1990s & re-aired until now. Many China's kids grew up on RT, with RT become (ironically) the BEST ANIMATED WESTERN series in China, garnering several accolades in China broadcast industry.

Mospeada made a lasting and deep impression in me, much more than Macross (which i managed to watch the uncontaminated version too, before i know about Robocrap). That's why Mospeada is still one of my fav anime of all time.

Well, me too. While I've all RT collections, with my precious Macross installments (minus Frontier, obviously) .... my MOSPEADA is still lacking, only with the newest addition of MOSPEADA II OAV (ooppss, RTSC) .... Where's my friggin' MOSPEADA LOVE LIVE ALIVE?

Sob ....

Edited by Protoculture

Many China's kids grew up on RT, with RT become (ironically) the BEST ANIMATED WESTERN series in China, garnering several accolades in China broadcast industry.

heh no wonder so many people give HG so much sh!t.

Just so long as they can get toynami to bring over the Beagle Ride armor and give us a good price I'm happy.

Mospeada is dead in japan. Votoms has an OVA, but where is the second mospeada series? 25th anniversary FFS.

I hope the toys don't become so rare that we end up paying 100s of dollars more than they should be worth in the future due to lack of interest. Maybe Robotech can come to the rescue and through a RT tv series (with mospeada designs) bring about new lines of toys for that series which could be sold as mospeada with little modification?

If the live action RT movie was to get made I would want the variable fighters to be the Alpha+beta/legios tread.

Unless there were another series in japan which is a true sequel to mospeada. (then interest could gradually build up for it over time)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well, me too. While I've all RT collections, with my precious Macross installments (minus Frontier, obviously) .... my MOSPEADA is still lacking, only with the newest addition of MOSPEADA II OAV (ooppss, RTSC) .... Where's my friggin' MOSPEADA LOVE LIVE ALIVE?

Sob ....

Shadow Chronicles was really terrible. It's not even good enough to be a sequel to Mospeada.

Remember a while ago when that redesigned Mospeada art was published? I think it was Aramaki who did it and he said he'd like to revisit mospeada. I think one of our members here also managed to track down Terada who also expressed interest in revisiting mospeada.

Chances of that happening? I could only guess nill.

You're MOST definitely wrong. Malaysia & the Philippines showed & aired both original GC MOSPEADA & SDF: MACROSS together with ROBOTECH from 1980s - 1990s, Singapore is no exception. To my knowledge, only Taiwan & HK aired GC: Mosp & SDF;M minus RT.

The BIGGEST MARKET of 'em all, the BIG, RED China trumps up with ROBOTECH fairly popular over there, from 1990s & re-aired until now. Many China's kids grew up on RT, with RT become (ironically) the BEST ANIMATED WESTERN series in China, garnering several accolades in China broadcast industry.

Sob ....

hmmm... may i know which part of what i said was wrong? Like i said, not all countries bought RT, and u said yourself, HK and TW aired the original SDFM and Mospeada without RT, which is in line with what i said. :wacko: [Actually wiki says HK did show RT]

i saw some episodes from Msia Channels. :lol: And i saw some RT from TV3 too, and was confused by the editing. I didn't pay too much attention and stopped watching because it didn't make sense. :ph34r:

Singapore didn't broadcast any RT as far as i know. If you know otherwise, please give me more info?

Some interesting stuffs about the TW-dubbed SDFM now that i know a bit about RT:

- the show title is the same as the one used by RT in China (i dont know which was the first). in fact this was the reason that used to cause alot of confusion when i spoke with my Chinese friends, because we refer to the same title but they were talking about RT while i was talking about SDFM.

- Even the name for Hikaru was same?! The TW dub used a chinese equivalent that sounds like "Rick"! I guess this means that the TW dub came after RT?

- However, there was no mention of Protoculture as a source of power. In fact, i remember vividly Exedore reported that they found out the Zents and mankind are products of PC manipulation, and both are just as warlike.

- Minmay bathing butt shot (and for Mospeada Aisha full nude before her skinny dip) of course i'd remember these scenes hehehe... and afaik RT didn't have them.

- mention of supervision army. no mention of RT masters or invids in SDFM.

I do have Love Live Alive... :D sad to see the last of them, but i'm grateful for a conclusion. It has some very nice songs!

Pity we dont get any more Mospeada anime, but I'm very very happy we have so many new mospeada toys recently! I hope there's more to come, don't forget the inbits!!

:wub:

Edited by Shun

I'm from the Philippines, and I'm pretty sure Mospeada was never broadcast in the Philippines in any form other than its Robotech: New Generation incarnation.

without Harmony Gold showing Robotech I bet you would not have known about Macross, Genesis Climber and so on -- assuming u lived outside Japan.

Hah, neighbor down south!

In my country, Malaysia, the local TV broadcaster (RTM) aired both SDF:M & GC:Mospeada in late 1980's - dubbed in Malay, of course, minus the nude scenes - & surprise, in early 1990's, another Malaysian TV station (TV3) aired ROBOTECH in its entirety, even aired in the RT II: Sentinel the Movie for the finale.

TV3 later re-aired GC Mospeada (Malay-dub) back in 2001.

Sufficed to say, I was exposed to both Macross & Mospeada BEFORE I watched RT, unlike most forummers here who by far, watched the RT version 1st, & later followed up with original SDF:M & its installments.

my country, Malaysia, the local TV broadcaster (RTM) aired both SDF:M & GC:Mospeada in late 1980's - dubbed in Malay, of course, minus the nude scene

I treat ROBOTECH differently from Macross-verse. I enjoyed 'em both immensely. I don't have any of those emo-baggages that most Macross fans have towards ROBOTECH.

Besides, both are cartoons, & both HG (plus Tatsunoko) & BW in partnership with either Toynami & Bandai pimped us the lovers of idiot box.

Besides, eversince HG went the route of MOSPEADA while effectively killing any Macross references from future RT sequels (if there ever one) like the Zentraedi [goodbye Exedore & Breetai, bitten the dust yer are thanks to Tommy Yune) with little to no screen time to key Macross characters (albeit heavily altered) namely Rick Hunter (Hikaru Ichijo) & Lisa Hayes (Misa Hayase).

Truth be told, I watch RTSC just for the sake to watch the Legios (uhh Alphas) & the epic Inbit vs Earth Reclaimation Fleet.

Shun

I totally agree with these people. It is not my fault that they showed me Robotech first when I was about 7-8 years old. I just watched mechas and didn't pay much attention to the story. I was born in USSR. Have you heard of it? A lot of thing were forbidden there like rock music and foreign movies. So, Robotech was one of the first foreign cartoons we wacthed as kids. And I am really greatful to Masik because we kids had 3 times more mechas than we would if they showed us Macross only without MOSPEADA and Souther Cross. :p

I don't have any of those emo-baggages that most Macross fans have towards ROBOTECH.

That's good!

I have one observation - Robotech fans behave very politely towards macross fans. Macross fans bahave like religious fanatics towards Robotech fans. This is really ridiculous because

1) I am sure that most of fans here are above 20 years old at least, so such kind of behaviors looks very much childish or kindergarder-like.

2) Macross is not religion - it was created for only one goal: profit = money. If you think differently - you are very naive.

Edited by SeminNV

Remember a while ago when that redesigned Mospeada art was published? I think it was Aramaki who did it and he said he'd like to revisit mospeada. I think one of our members here also managed to track down Terada who also expressed interest in revisiting mospeada.

Chances of that happening? I could only guess nill.

The art was done by Hideki Kakinuma, and I believe it was Adrian who talked to him after a presentation about Megazone 23.

I agree, if we were going to see a new MOSPEADA project, we'd know by now.

Shun

I totally agree with these people. It is not my fault that they showed me Robotech first when I was about 7-8 years old. I just watched mechas and didn't pay much attention to the story. I was born in USSR. Have you heard of it? A lot of thing were forbidden there like rock music and foreign movies. So, Robotech was one of the first foreign cartoons we wacthed as kids. And I am really greatful to Masik because we kids had 3 times more mechas than we would if they showed us Macross only without MOSPEADA and Souther Cross. :p

:mellow: eerrm... where did u get the idea that I blame it (whatever it is) on you guys? It's good that you're grateful for RT, just like I'm grateful for NO RT. I like to enjoy my shows the way it was intended to be seen.

Whatever blame or dissatisfaction i have is with the makers of RT. I do not like it that people took others' creative works and claim it as their own. I do not like that they tore up the original stories and messed with it which to me is disrespectful to the original creators. And the reason they butchered the three original works was just because they wanted to conform to a regulation so as to put it on TV 5 days per week???! What's wrong with one episode per week, with the original storyline intact? My contempt for RT is for their lack of originality and efforts - if they did make their own cartoon i'd probably not have such ill-feeling towards them. I could go on forever, but that's my own opinion and i've never forced it down on others.

I have one observation - Robotech fans behave very politely towards macross fans. Macross fans bahave like religious fanatics towards Robotech fans. This is really ridiculous because

1) I am sure that most of fans here are above 20 years old at least, so such kind of behaviors looks very much childish or kindergarder-like.

wow. what a sweeping generalizing statement. :blink:

Anyway, i think this has gone too far off-track. It originally begun as an answer to the oft mistaken idea that people outside Japan would never have known Macross & Mospeada without watching RT first. As if it was impossible... heh... :D Which is definitely NOT TRUE where i come from. It also highlights the fact that the three shows can be seen in its original content so RT-fans didn't get 3 times more ;)

Anyway, i think this has gone too far off-track. It originally begun as an answer to the oft mistaken idea that people outside Japan would never have known Macross & Mospeada without watching RT first. As if it was impossible... heh... :D Which is definitely NOT TRUE where i come from. It also highlights the fact that the three shows can be seen in its original content so RT-fans didn't get 3 times more ;)

I'm pretty sure that Harmony Gold and their partners are the ones distributing the Macross, Southern Cross and MOSPEADA TV series in countries outside of Japan, so even if you dislike Robotech, when you watch these unadulterated versions you're giving money to HG anyway . Nyah. ;p

It was his way of saying "STFU about inane crap or I'll lock this thread." So, hopefully this thread will now stay dormant for a week or so until I can start posting CMs VR-41 and Dark Legioss pictures. Then we can all get back to discussing Mospeada and its merchandise instead of what show aired where in what language and who licensed it.

It was his way of saying "STFU about inane crap or I'll lock this thread." So, hopefully this thread will now stay dormant for a week or so until I can start posting CMs VR-41 and Dark Legioss pictures. Then we can all get back to discussing Mospeada and its merchandise instead of what show aired where in what language and who licensed it.

QFT. I've been quite hesitant to check this thread the last few days, for the obvious reasons.

I still have my NamiToy Beta on preorder and with any luck, will have it about the same time as Jenius. I'll be sure to post my impressions when I get it. Jenius, who did you order through? Mine will be coming via BBTS.

Anyone, any news on developments or release date re: the Beagle?

The only time the MH takes a while for me to transform is when I haven't touched it for a while and I forget to slide the engine up before moving the rear of the bike. Otherwise I think I have the hang of it and could probably bust it out in just a couple minutes.

The only time the MH takes a while for me to transform is when I haven't touched it for a while and I forget to slide the engine up before moving the rear of the bike. Otherwise I think I have the hang of it and could probably bust it out in just a couple minutes.

Yeah, once you do it a few times, it ain't bad at all. I have that same problem. =)

But, man, that Yellow looks great.

Anyone, any news on developments or release date re: the Beagle?

It's available for pre-order at several places including HLJ.com, currently due for release in November. Unless you mean the Toynami distribution of the toy in which case I don't think there has been any news since SDCC a few months ago (different head sculpt, book-style packaging and a cheaper price point) - I think they are aiming for a pre-Christmas release.