Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

I just got my 1/15 Toynami "Scott" today. I have not removed it from the box though yet.

Looks cool so far! :p

I just can't wait for the Beagle

So what is the current rumor mill say about the Legioss and Treads? Does Beagle sound like the way to go there too? From what I have read eveything else has come out like junk???

I just got my 1/15 Toynami "Scott" today. I have not removed it from the box though yet.

Looks cool so far! :p

I just can't wait for the Beagle

So what is the current rumor mill say about the Legioss and Treads? Does Beagle sound like the way to go there too? From what I have read eveything else has come out like junk???

There is currently no announced plans or even rumors of Beagle or anyone else producing Legioss/Tlead toys. As for current Legioss/Tlead toys being 'junk', I guess that depends on individual perception. My Toynami and Aoshima Legioss' were both what I would call 'junk' (sloppy paint, rough molding, parts breaking, incorrect assembly), but other people have had varying degrees of quality with them and less complaints.

The CMs set is criticized for a loose hook-up, being expensive and taking too many liberties with design, but it is a remarkably well-made toy with excellent QC and no known problems. I wouldn't put the CMs set under 'junk' by any stretch of the imagination.

Toynami's Beta isn't out yet, so it remains to be seen if that is junk.

Edited by eriku

There is currently no announced plans or even rumors of Beagle or anyone else producing Legioss/Tlead toys. As for current Legioss/Tlead toys being 'junk', I guess that depends on individual perception. My Toynami and Aoshima Legioss' were both what I would call 'junk' (sloppy paint, rough molding, parts breaking, incorrect assembly), but other people have had varying degrees of quality with them and less complaints.

The CMs set is criticized for a loose hook-up, being expensive and taking too many liberties with design, but it is a remarkably well-made toy with excellent QC and no known problems. I wouldn't put the CMs set under 'junk' by any stretch of the imagination.

Toynami's Beta isn't out yet, so it remains to be seen if that is junk.

Looks like I need to wait till the Jury comes back then..........I'm no good at waiting :wacko:

Thanks for the heads up! :D

This is how in mind my an ultimate ride armor (prototype) should look like ))

image6rg4.th.jpg

It should have chest rockets from Yellow Belmont ride armor, arm grenade launchers from Stick RA, and a gun from Houquet RA (I will add it when it is released).

The creators of the anime made 4-5 types of ride armors simply to sell us 4-5 times more toys, I think this is quite obvious.

The similar thing is with VF-1S/A/J/D - to me they all are the same. I just bought VF-1S only, and I am happy with it))

:p

Edited by SeminNV

Actually, if memory serves, they designed a lot more than 4 or 5 ride armors... but be happy they only used four. I'd agree with you though that the sabers are pretty silly gauntlets even if they do look really cool. I think Houquet having a big gun is pretty silly. Her ride armor should have had the built in gun that Ray sports, after all, it's supposed to be a light armor version so why make her tote around a giant gun?

Edited by jenius

chanced upon an MH VR-41 and picked one up, my first ride armor. are there supposed to be left over parts (front fork and handle bars) after you transform it to armor mode? it looks nice and all (except for yellow's face, hence i got the visor down) but the transformation left me less than impressed.

Yes, you've transformed it correctly, there are left over parts. Not the most impressive thing (and Yellow's face in the helmet is horrible).

ah, thanks for confirming. i thought i screwed up with the transformation.

i wasn't expecting PT, and i don't mind taking apart and re-attaching parts, but leftover parts just kills it for me, not to mention i'm liable to lose the parts in the future. they could've just made extra parts re-attach to somewhere inconspicuous, or at least a hidden compartment at the bottom of the stand. heck, they could've made the fork attach to the backpack to serve as a stand/support.

so much for buying on a whim. i'll do my research next time.

ah, thanks for confirming. i thought i screwed up with the transformation.

i wasn't expecting PT, and i don't mind taking apart and re-attaching parts, but leftover parts just kills it for me, not to mention i'm liable to lose the parts in the future. they could've just made extra parts re-attach to somewhere inconspicuous, or at least a hidden compartment at the bottom of the stand. heck, they could've made the fork attach to the backpack to serve as a stand/support.

so much for buying on a whim. i'll do my research next time.

I partially felt the same when I owned my Stick and Ley. That is the reason I sold them and held off on the Yellow. That's the only reason...cause I REALLY wanted Yellow. I figure I will get the Beagle Stick UNLESS they decide that they want to make more RAs and then I would get Yellow and Hoquette.

:ph34r:

I recently decided to bite the bullet and bought all three from Overdrive. After item cost and shipping, it broke down to $61 dollars total for each. Even though it was shipped from Japan, they packaged them securely and I didn't have any bent boxes or disconnected parts.

As for shipping, I order them on a Friday evening, and they arrived the next Thursday.

Edited by woll622

On another note, if you haven't had a chance to pop over to Robotechx, they have a slide show image of the box for the Toynami Beta Fighter. The image is only of the front cover and not the best quality. They went with Rand, so it will be interesting to see who they put on the other three boxes. (Red, Green, & Shadow)

Here is the link:

http://www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=...mp;id=1592#1586

Edited by woll622

The others are going to be Lunk, Annie, and Marlene/Ariel, IIRC. All four boxes will form a picture of them in the cockpit, screaming for their lives. I've seen the artwork and it's pretty funny.

I pity them. it must feel horrible to be part of Robocrap. :ph34r:

so are there any updates on the Toynami Beta cockpit in battroid mode? :mellow:

Who did it come from? I am waiting on one from LAFtoys.

Sqidd, I ordered it through Valk Exchange.

I got some time to play with my new MH VR-041H, and while my overall impressions are positive, there are some issues. Like the other MH ride armors it's a bit weak in bike mode, visually speaking, but this seems to be common knowledge, so I won't go into that.

I really like the appearance in armor mode - whatever proportional problems the toy has in bike mode disappear almost entirely in armor mode. The details are very nice and overall, it just looks great. The opening missile hatches and extending bayonets in the gauntlets are very cool. I've been waiting a very long time for a Blowsperior toy with these features, and I'm glad to have it.

The much-ballyhooed larger tires on this model are actually a little problematic for me, due to some complications that they present: In armor mode the tires contact the shoulder armor, with the result that movement of the arms, which in turn affects the movement of the shoulder armor, can cause the wheel assemblies and swingbars to pop out of position. This was not a problem on my MH Rey toy. It can be fairly frustrating when attempting to get a cool pose going, due to the fact that the capture for those parts is not the strongest, so expect to have to do a fair amount of fiddling and fidgiting with it. Fortunately, it looks like doing the chest mod that Spedfish posted here a few weeks ago (in the old thread) will help generate a little more shoulder clearance, as well as sharpening the appearance. If it doesn't, I'll figure out something to keep the swingbars a little more securely fastened.

The only other little issue I've had is a right forearm with a loose pivot. With the forearm gauntlet mounted, it tends to swing around pretty freely, and makes it difficult to stick in a pose. Standard joint-tightening with white glue ought to take care of that one.

That's my $.02

Edited by Hiriyu

I pity them. it must feel horrible to be part of Robocrap. :ph34r:

so are there any updates on the Toynami Beta cockpit in battroid mode? :mellow:

without Harmony Gold showing Robotech I bet you would not have known about Macross, Genesis Climber and so on -- assuming u lived outside Japan.

without Harmony Gold showing Robotech I bet you would not have known about Macross, Genesis Climber and so on -- assuming u lived outside Japan.

You just lost your bet.

I live outside Japan, in Singapore to be exact. Many many years ago, the local TV broadcaster was showing the uncontaminated Mospeada (ok ok... minus some bathing scenes :p). If I'm not wrong, Taiwan and maybe HK was showing the same uncontaminated stuff too. Not all countries outside Japan buy Harmony Crap.

In fact, local tv showed the uncontaminated versions of Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeada.

I was very very little then, and i taped the episodes. Mospeada made a lasting and deep impression in me, much more than Macross (which i managed to watch the uncontaminated version too, before i know about Robocrap). That's why Mospeada is still one of my fav anime of all time. Southern Cross i didn't like at that time, so i didn't watch all or i don't remember much from it.

Yes, I'm very grateful for not being contaminated. ^_^

Edited by Shun

Personally, I kinda wish Toynami had put Rand in his armor and just continued the picture they started with the first four Alphas' spines.

Yes, I realize it was over two years ago. But adding Rand would've balanced the picture out perfectly.

Imagine you'd have Scott and Rand (who are probably around the same height) at the end spots. The ladies in the two and four spot. And the slightly taller and skinnier Lancer smack dab in the middle. Perfect symmetry for the overall picture!

Oh well. :rolleyes: Hopefully, they put more thought into designing and QC'ing the actual Beta than they did the spine art. <_<

....And yeah, I'll be buying one of these.

Personally, I kinda wish Toynami had put Rand in his armor and just continued the picture they started with the first four Alphas' spines.

Yes, I realize it was over two years ago. But adding Rand would've balanced the picture out perfectly.

Imagine you'd have Scott and Rand (who are probably around the same height) at the end spots. The ladies in the two and four spot. And the slightly taller and skinnier Lancer smack dab in the middle. Perfect symmetry for the overall picture!

The spine of the Beta will be almost twice as thick as the Alpha spine so asthetically they wouldn't match up the same.

Shun, were those shows subtitled or dubbed?

dubbed in chinese.

judging from the accent, i suspect dubbing was done by Taiwanese.

it was only a few years(?) ago that i realized that China aired Robocrap too.

Edited by Shun