Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Robotech.com, but only the Blue Beta is for pre-order. The rest will follow in their own sweet time (ie: whenever).

Thanks! It has been long time since I visited the website for the last time))

is it TOYNAMI beta? because the Alpha does not look like CM's one. But maybe I am wrong

If it is TOYNAMI, could anyone tell me how good or bad it is?

Edited by SeminNV

Yes, that's the Toynami, and no one can tell you much about it as it hasn't been released yet. Supposedly it'll be out in November.

Again, thank you!

But on robotech.com they sell alpha as well http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=199 for 60 $

and I find alpha on hlj.com : http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS09134 for 90 $

What's the difference between them? (they look pretty much the same, except color of course)

Which one to buy?

Edited by SeminNV

Again, thank you!

But on robotech.com they sell alpha as well http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=199 for 60 $

and I find alpha on hlj.com : http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS09134 for 90 $

What's the difference between them? (they look pretty much the same, except color of course)

Which one to buy?

I believe my post here goes over the differences:

http://anymoon.com/blog/2008/02/08/aoshima...oy-148-legioss/

They're similar, and they both have some problems. If you're in the US though I'd opt for the Toynami MPC, it's a iny bit less of a crapshoot over the Aoshima and looks more anime accurate. That's just my opinion.

Toynami can suck my a$$... I mean... they're not bringing over the CMS ride armor are they? I've never heard that...

I thought they were....they are bringing over the bad ass beagle, I thought CMs was included too, I guess not. Man..I want a CMS Legioss/Tread here...after suffering with my yet to be fixed red Legioss from Aoshima...poo..I read that the CMs is much more durable and I like the way it looks...long nose ftw...

Speaking of which the shoulder pin on my Aoshima Legioss(the one in the hinge connecting the arm to the body) was not pushed in all the way at the factory. The bonehead who forgot to do this probably didn't take into account that without the pin shoved in all the way, the whole god damn arm assembly is prone to falling off, as a result of the pin falling out, and it has!

So yeah, anyone figure out a way to fix this? The pin just needs to be shoved in, but I cannot figure out how to get the shoulder open..are there tiny hammers or mallets small enough to bang this piece of poo in or what?

I cannot figure out how to get the shoulder open..are there tiny hammers or mallets small enough to bang this piece of poo in or what?

Good luck. I wanted to take the shoulder and arm assembly apart on the blue Aoshima Legioss that I had (it was assembled in such a way that the arm basically had no articulation) but I couldn't figure out how to open it up. I'm too timid to pry apart pieces that are glued together. For the pin you could try holding a nail up to it and tapping the nail with a small hammer.

The Battroid pic of the Beta in RT.com shows a more anime accurate chest plate. Is there any word if this is the final looks of the Beta, or is it just a mock up? I think it's a mock up just for show, but it'd be nice if the actual toy ended up looking like that.

Also, I'd like to wait for the Toynami version of the Beagle Ridearmor for various reasons, but I'm affraid that the release of the american version takes too long if it's not scrapped altogether. With Toynami you never know.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Also, I'd like to wait for the Toynami version of the Beagle Ridearmor for various reasons, but I'm affraid that the release of the american version takes too long if it's not scrapped altogether. With Toynami you never know.

But they aren't making it, just distributing it. All they have to do is make a fancy box or change a sticker here or there right?

Everytime I here about a toynami breaking it just reminds me why I eat the cost of CMs version.

Really Toynami should consider bringing over CMs. Just call them mospeada toys not robotech ones so fans don't get confused. I'm tempted to buy that dark legioss.

Word. I still get excited every time I pick up the CMs Legioss & Tlead because I know I can play with them relatively care-free. SWOOSH! :D

I'm not sure if I'd buy all of the variants if Toynami brought over the CMs set, but I'd definitely buy at least the green set. And the Shadow Legioss. And probably the red set. Crap, that's all of them isn't it? :ph34r:

I like the idea of something not breaking easily. I'm not a guy who likes to mod stuff pull things apart, fix it, buy replacement pieces.

It's more a patience thing. Similar thing with part swapping toys: I hate the idea of things having to be left lying around. If it takes extra effort to not accidentally crack a hinge through reasonably careful handling, then that requires extra thought everytime you try to transform it, pose it, hold it. etc You shouldn't be made to feel stress just holding something or trying to transform it. (eg the konig monster locking bits being worn or broken off if you are not careful)

If I have to remember what NOT to do when holding something, I just won't touch it altogether. So joints gettiny floppy, parts falling out (like the review on collection dx about the CMs Ride armor feeling like it's a hassle to pose or transform, or the banprestos limbs popping off :D) paint scraping off (my 1/72 yf-21) figure falling over backwards (my 1/60 qrau) and being sent a self destructive toy made of materials that weaken over time (hips in 1/72 line of macross plus valks) are all those things that scare me. I'd rather have a toy that lasts than a good looking one that isn't easy to fix or is a hassle to think about everytime you pick it up.

I never feel that way with transformers toys. For eg: TF Alternators look like model cars and don't make you afraid to scratch paint off them. They don't suffer loose limbs. They lock together well when you hold it so that a part doesn't pop-off easily just bumping your finger over it. And they have complex transformations. True some of them look like the have tree stumps for limbs, but for those that don't, they hold together well and the joints wearing out isn't a problem. I mean it's got nothing to do with playing with the toy either: you might just want something to hold its pose properly and not have the leg or arm droop down or gun fall out of the hand when trying to create a good display. The more expensive and larger the toy, I think the more important these things are. Nobody cares if it's a tiny banpresto or whatever since it's cheap, but those little flaws contribute to the *stress you get when considering the higher priced stuff.

*the "OMG I can't touch it or something might get worn or crack" factor.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i want some fuke/bartley pics for gawd's sakes... :rolleyes:

also, do any of you guys know who designed the ride-armor???

..I'm assuming it was the same artmic studio team who designed the motoslave, jirion(zillion) tri-charger and the megazone garland..is this correct?

any info is deeply appreciated!

i

i want some fuke/bartley pics for gawd's sakes... :rolleyes:

also, do any of you guys know who designed the ride-armor???

..I'm assuming it was the same artmic studio team who designed the motoslave, jirion(zillion) tri-charger and the megazone garland..is this correct?

any info is deeply appreciated!

i

Yeah, I believe Shinji Aramaki did the Ride Armor, the Motoslave, and the Garland...dunno about the Tri-charger though...

Edit: according to wikipedia and ANN, Ammonite (Hiroshi Ogawa, Hirotoshi Okura & Takashi Ono) did the designs for Zillion and Southern Cross.

Edited by danth

Word. I still get excited every time I pick up the CMs Legioss & Tlead because I know I can play with them relatively care-free. SWOOSH! :D

I'm not sure if I'd buy all of the variants if Toynami brought over the CMs set, but I'd definitely buy at least the green set. And the Shadow Legioss. And probably the red set. Crap, that's all of them isn't it? :ph34r:

You know you want them all!!!!

post-557-1220406221_thumb.jpg

post-557-1220406277_thumb.jpg

post-557-1220406302_thumb.jpg

QUESTIONS:

Why was that other Mospeada thread closed?

And, I see MINT on the back of that Ray MH.... what's the deal? Are they releasing her figure?

It's a mystery. That figure was shown when the Protoype was first displayed. There was speculation back then wether the Mint figure were to be released with one of the first releases or not, but those are already out and still no Mint. There was also a small Inbit sculpture displayed next to the Ridearmors on that show, but it was so poorly done it was obvious it was just a mock up to draw attention to the figures.

You can still hope that the Mint figure comes with the Bartley. Personally I don't care since she wasn't poseable anyway.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Thank you.

Poseable or not, I think Mint would be a great add on, especially since Ray's is the only one I wouldn't have transformed into full armor mode...

Still confused on why the other Mospeada thread was closed. There was a lot of cool info adding up on that; why start all over? I thought the mods were all for backtracking old posts?

Make up your mind guys. =)

Oddly enough, it's actually rumored to be substantially marked down. Whooda thunk it? Lots of discussion of this in the old thread.

God, I hope you're right. I have been SO badly wanting that Beagle ever since I saw the first pictures. However, I just can't bring myself to dole out $200 for it. I don't care if it's branded Robotech or not, I'll get it if it's the same product.