25th Anniversary G.I. Joes, Wave II

Mog

Looking at the Night Raven I keep hearing a trumpet going wah wah wah waaaaaaaahhhh! Pre"T" lame IMO. The whole missiles firing from within the jet intake is dumb. Ditto for the lights in there. So, is this thing a toy gun or a toy jet? Make up your minds Hasbro. In the words of Maxwell Smart, "missed it by that much!"

So, is this thing a toy gun or a toy jet?

From how it's intended to be held, it's clearly a jet-shaped gun. The whole cockpit section is like the grip for a pump-action shotgun. I wouldn't be surprised if you can actually "collapse" the forward fuselage in that manner.

Wow, after seeing the picture of the new Night Raven being held like a gun, there is no way in hell I will be buying that. Still it's so sad that we can get a relatively accurate and good looking F-22 from a company that probably isn't 1/10th the size of Hasbro. But Hasbro can't even design a completely new vehicle that doesn't look like some Fisher Price toy.

Here's to hoping True Heros gets all their new vehicles in to TRU's soon.

As nice as those would be, I doubt we'll ever see anything that matches the quality/accuracy of the F-22. That plane just has an abnormally ginormous cockpit, which is the only reason a regular figure will fit in there. Pretty much anything else is probably going to get giant bulbous cockpit syndrome to fit a figure. If they can pull off a decent F-14 I'll be waiting to buy a fleet tho. ^_^

One question about the new raven... the pics a while back had some sort of wire plugged into the back of the plane. Any idea what this is? If they ran out of room for batteries, and had to make it plug into a wall outlet, I'm gonna die laughing.

As nice as those would be, I doubt we'll ever see anything that matches the quality/accuracy of the F-22. That plane just has an abnormally ginormous cockpit, which is the only reason a regular figure will fit in there. Pretty much anything else is probably going to get giant bulbous cockpit syndrome to fit a figure. If they can pull off a decent F-14 I'll be waiting to buy a fleet tho. ^_^

I'd be happy as long as it was as accurate as the relatively older PTE F-18 and A-10. Granted the F-18 had a rather large nose section, but it is nowhere near a horrible as the Thunderwing or this new Night Raven they are putting out.

I hate that night raven, give me back my childhood you bastards, the original was so much better.

They revealed last year that they have the vintage mold. I hope to see it eventually, either as an exclusive this year or next, but better yet, a mass market release. With the Movie Night Raven already at the $39.99 pricepoint, I hope it sells well enough that big vehicles are brought back to mass market rather than being just exclusives. I'd love to pay just $40+tax for the original Night Raven, modified to fit 2 modern era figures, and the drone, for $40. Any of you thinking it is too big for that, well I don't think it is. Similarly sized aircraft toys sell for $25 at TRU.

Also, for those into the IDW G.I. Joe comics, or are curious as to what they are like:

G.I. Joe:Origins #1 Review

G.I. Joe #2 Review

They revealed last year that they have the vintage mold. I hope to see it eventually, either as an exclusive this year or next, but better yet, a mass market release. With the Movie Night Raven already at the $39.99 pricepoint, I hope it sells well enough that big vehicles are brought back to mass market rather than being just exclusives. I'd love to pay just $40+tax for the original Night Raven, modified to fit 2 modern era figures, and the drone, for $40. Any of you thinking it is too big for that, well I don't think it is. Similarly sized aircraft toys sell for $25 at TRU.

And Hasbro can get a 2 for 1 deal since they can release the Night Raven painted up like the Sky Raven, since we all know they like the re-paints.

• 2 weeks later...

Everywhere here seems to have skipped the Copperhead comic pack. I saw like 3 at one Target (all with awful paint) and never again anywhere else---but lots of later ones like Beachhead/Mainframe in various stores.

PS---my local TRU still had the F-22 just a few days ago.

• 1 month later...

Picked up an Iron Grenadier/Viper Comic pack. I've had a couple Grenadiers already so am familiar with their shortcomings (why no holster for the handgun? Wish they came with HK416 or L85A2 or something intead of that weird scaled thing they have, even if it is accurate to the original figure).

My first Viper, though... those goggles suck and won't stay on at all. Maybe I'll glue them. Articulation is a big... awkward. Joints are really stiff. Could definitely use an extended trigger finger for the right hand.

My first Viper, though... those goggles suck and won't stay on at all. Maybe I'll glue them. Articulation is a big... awkward. Joints are really stiff. Could definitely use an extended trigger finger for the right hand.
The HOH and 5 pack version is much better. Chrome faceplate, goggles molded to the helmet and don't fall off, and corrected hands.

Also....

G.I. Joe Resolute Premieres 4/25 On Adult Swim!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but adding parts usually found on airliners and Cessna Citations onto a fighter jet isn't very "cool". It'd be like adding schoolbus or minivan parts onto a Ferrari. Same general type of transport, but you're adding mass-transit/civilian parts onto ultra-high-end equipment. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Yeah, but adding parts usually found on airliners and Cessna Citations onto a fighter jet isn't very "cool". It'd be like adding schoolbus or minivan parts onto a Ferrari. Same general type of transport, but you're adding mass-transit/civilian parts onto ultra-high-end equipment. That's the point I'm trying to make.
Oh I understand where you're coming from, and I do agree, I was just trying to explain why the designers may have added the winglets to the jet.

Post the pics man, most of us don't have hisstank accounts

post-470-1240013300_thumb.png

post-470-1240013317_thumb.png

post-470-1240013326_thumb.png

post-470-1240013337_thumb.png

post-470-1240013345_thumb.png

Hmm, those might not be winglets per-se in the traditional fashion. Those might infact be a form of vortex generator or laminar flow control system, something the likes of which was proposed for the production F-23. And that is from looking at drawings and talking to someone who worked that program, and helped to flight test that bird. He knows some seriously cool stuff about that bird that would blow your mind. That plane was even more advanced then we realized and more stuff was planned for it too.

Edited by Knight26

Hmm, those might not be winglets per-se in the traditional fashion. Those might infact be a form of vortex generator or laminar flow control system, something the likes of which was proposed for the production F-23. And that is from looking at drawings and talking to someone who worked that program, and helped to flight test that bird. He knows some seriously cool stuff about that bird that would blow your mind. That plane was even more advanced then we realized and more stuff was planned for it too.

If anything, I'd figure they'd be a vortex dissipator, due to the extremely visible vortices the YF-23 tended to make in turns.

PS---anything unclassified you can tell me? :) Send a PM. YF-23's my all-time fave plane and any tidbits are much appreciated.