Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Somewhere there are a couple of naked valks shivering in the cold of space without boosters :o Just kidding. Great idea! I did something to a battleship after seeing Space Battleship Yamato for the first time (about !@#$ years ago). You just need a BIG wavegun now and you're good! - MT

Somewhere there are a couple of naked valks shivering in the cold of space without boosters :o Just kidding. Great idea! I did something to a battleship after seeing Space Battleship Yamato for the first time (about !@#$ years ago). You just need a BIG wavegun now and you're good! - MT

Thanks MT!! I'm also working on some massive booster rockets for this thing. The original design was for 2 huge external boosters to get it off the ground!! Since my series do not rely on Alien technology, I gotta keep it real on this thing get into space!! B))

Its no 6ft Daedalus, but will be fun when its done!! Would you ever try for a 6ft Prometheus? B))

Thanks MT!! I'm also working on some massive booster rockets for this thing. The original design was for 2 huge external boosters to get it off the ground!! Since my series do not rely on Alien technology, I gotta keep it real on this thing get into space!! B))

Its no 6ft Daedalus, but will be fun when its done!! Would you ever try for a 6ft Prometheus? B))

LOL by 2027 he'll have his own 30ft SDF1

:)

Well i think you did a good job. Could we get some pics against a light background in normal lighting? Be easier to see the details.

By Your Command.

The direct flash really makes it seem like I need to weather it more heavily. I'm not sure this is the case.

Also it looks very dusty in the pictures. Hmmm...

post-6299-1232658637_thumb.jpgpost-6299-1232658641_thumb.jpgpost-6299-1232658645_thumb.jpgpost-6299-1232658651_thumb.jpg

post-6299-1232658655_thumb.jpgpost-6299-1232658659_thumb.jpgpost-6299-1232658663_thumb.jpgpost-6299-1232658667_thumb.jpg

These focus on the changes I have made to the original kit.

ce25254 - I think your skills are just fine. Besides, no project is the same as the real thing!

Big F and 505, With the classes I'm taking right now, even thinking about a Prometheus is crazy! By 2027 people will be like, "SDF-1 what?" I just realized that wherever I move next, I'll need a whole wall for the Daedalus! Maybe over the bed in the bedroom, I'm sure my wife would like it. She's want to stick flowers in the front of it or something like :huh: . Now where would I put th SDF-1?

By the way, rumor has it someone else might be building another Daedalus from scratch. It's NOT me and it won't be as large a scale. - MT

Reaaaalllly short update.

Managed to get my lazy butt off the ground and shortened the fins :lol:

Before and After shots comparison:

th_DSC00118.jpg th_DSC00121.jpg

Side View

th_DSC00119.jpg th_DSC00122.jpg

Close up of Fins

Previous posts are here and here.

I was having trouble deciding at first how to cut the fins, seeing as the original Stamen had curved fins. But then I just thought why not give it a different look altogether :ph34r: Well that's all for now, will continue work on the front and rear skirts over the weekend, hopefully the legs too. Thanks for dropping by! ^_^

Nice StarFury man. Is this the one that was posted over at SSM as well? I have built one but have another stashed away to do just what ou have done here. i like it man and I look forward to your Valk builds

Looks cool TSP. I don't think I've seen this kit built by anyone other than Ryuji. It'll be good to see another one finished. I've got his Lisa and Valk cockpit set. It is awesome, but I have absolutely Zero experience with large scale figures so she is waay down on the to do list.

At the moment I'm building Ryuji's Minmay Guard figure kit. As you can see this one will be holding the Moon, more bosom and a slightly changed pose.

th_MinmayGuard03.jpg

Man thats brave moding an already highly exclusive figure

Sweet. I cant wait to see the finished product! If I may ask, what are the bullet shaped objects in the background in the second picture?

The black "bullet shaped" thingies are droppers, the ones you use for eye/ear medicine drops. They are a somewhat precise way of measuring the paint:thinner ratio. They are cheap and easy to clean. I wanted to use a laboratory pipette for near exact measurements :p but the hardware store/pharmacies I've asked only returned my inquiries with a strange look.

The black "bullet shaped" thingies are droppers, the ones you use for eye/ear medicine drops. They are a somewhat precise way of measuring the paint:thinner ratio. They are cheap and easy to clean. I wanted to use a laboratory pipette for near exact measurements :p but the hardware store/pharmacies I've asked only returned my inquiries with a strange look.

I see thanks! Lucky for me I can grab a pipette pretty easily if I need it. You probably have to order online to get it!

Good lookin work.

I've got a MG Zaku II ver2 ready for decals, so that's what I'll be tackling tonight... maybe I'll snap a couple of shots before I start weathering.

Ive also been sinking some time into my new site... Prometheus Rising (link in sig) is going to be the new home for all my stuff... I've been throwing up some of the best of my older stuff, so check it out!

Quick update on Hannibal Labor. Not fully done but started on the chipping. A white Labor trudging through the jungles of south east asia isnt going to stay clean or white for long. After the chipping i will be putting a red clay looking pastel on it around the legs and where crew would climb.

post-2293-1232949530_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1232949600_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1232949615_thumb.jpg

Quick update on Hannibal Labor. Not fully done but started on the chipping. A white Labor trudging through the jungles of south east asia isnt going to stay clean or white for long. After the chipping i will be putting a red clay looking pastel on it around the legs and where crew would climb.

Looking very good!!! Can I ask how you did the chipping?

Looking very good!!! Can I ask how you did the chipping?

Same way i always do my chipping. By hand with a very fine liner brush. The finer the tip on the brush the better. Just stipple it on or lightly drag it across for long scratches.

Same way i always do my chipping. By hand with a very fine liner brush. The finer the tip on the brush the better. Just stipple it on or lightly drag it across for long scratches.

Nice HWR, your paint chipping looks spot on. Do you use modern armour pics for reference or is it just freehand and practice?

Simple but very effective. Thanks for the tip!!!

HWR, you're getting really good. That last paint job for the tiger meet is SOooo realistic! :lol:

That flanker is huge. It looks like you could launch a 1/200 VF-1 from each intake! - MT