Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Putting the other MG aside, 1/100 Master Grade RGM-79[G] GM Sniper.

11 colors of paint, and I'm gonna fix the knee, so the 3rd joint pin actually works.

Um, there's a GunPla thread for Gundam goodness ;)

BSG MKII VIPER, my third one so far & right now just making sure all the parts fit correctly. Does anyone know where to get custom decals for other Viper pilots or serial numbers? My first two Vipers are already Starbuck & Apollo.

Even un-assembled that Tie-Fighter looks wicked!

post-6180-129468643925_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129468647685_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129468650844_thumb.jpg

yeah, gunpla aren't REAL model kits, GET OUT YOU HEATHEN!!! OUT, OUT!!! :angry:

I've sort of been on a gundam kick lately.5150077581_6073092df7.jpgIMG_0906 by anime52k8@sbcglobal.net, on Flickr

Kettle, this is Pot, over.

You are Black. I say again you are Black, over. :p :P

Edited by thegunny

Um, there's a GunPla thread for Gundam goodness ;)

When I haven't seen a Macross-related thing in this thread, in a great amount of time, and I haven't seen such a Gunpla thread, I post a one-off about what's on my workbench. Had you caught me in the middle of my ODST Armor prop build, I woulda said that.

And who said anything about goodness? :p

Kettle, this is Pot, over.

You are Black. I say again you are Black, over. :p :P

Pot, be advised you are coming up on some heavy sarcasm, over. you should be able to see it from here. :rolleyes:

BSG MKII VIPER, my third one so far & right now just making sure all the parts fit correctly. Does anyone know where to get custom decals for other Viper pilots or serial numbers? My first two Vipers are already Starbuck & Apollo.

Try these. They are really for the old Revell kit, but the scale is right. The starshipmodeler store and site is a great place and they have fantastic customer service. Highly recommended!

I finished this 2 weeks ago. I built the quelamitz with the bow gun open and added an led for light. I have tried to edit the video and have not been successful in shrinking it down under 10mb. The video is in mp4 format. Any suggestions on editing?

Here are some pictures instead. The light kit is for the Klingon Bird of Prey that is for sale on Starhsipmodeler. It can be found under Madman Lighting if interested.

post-1196-129489329646_thumb.jpg

post-1196-129489332125_thumb.jpg

post-1196-129489333987_thumb.jpg

post-1196-129489335895_thumb.jpg

post-1196-129489337424_thumb.jpg

I finished this 2 weeks ago. I built the quelamitz with the bow gun open and added an led for light. I have tried to edit the video and have not been successful in shrinking it down under 10mb. The video is in mp4 format. Any suggestions on editing?

Here are some pictures instead. The light kit is for the Klingon Bird of Prey that is for sale on Starhsipmodeler. It can be found under Madman Lighting if interested.

Have to tried uploading it to YouTube??? You can post the link in your message.

Here is the finished Motoslave motorcycle with Priss' hardsuit from Aoshima's 1/12 scale Bubblegum Crisis kit. It has the metallic finish, similar to the Yamato metallic figure, that gives it a little more flash and wow factor. There are some visible gaps in the motorcycle mode due to the transformable nature of the kit.

Overall this kit is not too terrible to build, and it does require more work than the snap-fit Bandai VF-25 kits. But it does look pretty slick once it is put together.

post-7534-129505269867_thumb.jpegpost-7534-129505271572_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-129505273479_thumb.jpegpost-7534-129505275221_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-129505276524_thumb.jpegpost-7534-129505278089_thumb.jpeg

Now if only Aoshima has Sylia's, Nene's and Linna's hardsuit as well...

That looks frakking awesome Ron! The attention to deal is top notch! True if only they made the other Motoslaves! Especially Nene, shes just to cute to not make it! :D

Hehe..thanks guys.

Okay, so Macross stuff isn't the only stuff I like. I admit it. I posted this at a few other boards, but I guess I should throw it up here too.

It's an Free Planets Alliance Transport ship from legend of the Galactic Heroes. Its based on the 1/12000 model found in the 1st set of 1/12000 models from a company called Wright Staff. My scratch build will be 1/5000 when complete so as to be in scale with all my other 1/5000 Legend of the Galactic Heroes models which in turn are from a company called Alba Create. Its taken me awhile to get this far since I'm a full time College student. I probably won't get back to it until after April (when I finish school).

post-6317-129547840451_thumb.jpg

post-6317-129547858993_thumb.jpg

post-6317-129547866826_thumb.jpg

post-6317-129547878226_thumb.jpg

Here are the pictures I promised. You can see in the one picture the glaug, valkyrie, and battloid are not really to scale. I added the one pic with the VC-33 for the size comparison. The VC-33 is 1/200.

Nice Heavy Melder. I just started painting a 1/5000 Empire Battleship from Alba Create.

post-1196-129548642339_thumb.jpg

post-1196-12954864399_thumb.jpg

post-1196-129548645711_thumb.jpg

post-1196-12954864772_thumb.jpg

post-1196-12954865021_thumb.jpg

Here are the pictures I promised. You can see in the one picture the glaug, valkyrie, and battloid are not really to scale. I added the one pic with the VC-33 for the size comparison. The VC-33 is 1/200.

Kawaii, but you've put the pics in the wrong thread ;)

Where did you get the VC-33 from?

Okay, so Macross stuff isn't the only stuff I like. I admit it. I posted this at a few other boards, but I guess I should throw it up here too.

It's an Free Planets Alliance Transport ship from legend of the Galactic Heroes. Its based on the 1/12000 model found in the 1st set of 1/12000 models from a company called Wright Staff. My scratch build will be 1/5000 when complete so as to be in scale with all my other 1/5000 Legend of the Galactic Heroes models which in turn are from a company called Alba Create. Its taken me awhile to get this far since I'm a full time College student. I probably won't get back to it until after April (when I finish school).

That's pretty cool. I love the alba create stuff.... do you have any photos of them?

Just finished my VF25S Armored Messiah :D

th_IMG_0138.jpg

th_IMG_0136.jpg

th_IMG_0182.jpg

th_IMG_0181.jpg

Nicely done. Did you paint it? What sort of finish did you put on it?

I've got quite a few things finished. First a Fujimi F-35B in Marine Markings.

th_3O1.jpg

th_3O2.jpg

th_3O4.jpg

th_3O6.jpg

A 1/72 ROG Hawker Hunter

th_3q4.jpg

And a 1/72 DB-8

th_3R2.jpg

Lookin good! I especially like the scheme on that Hunter!

How was the Fujimi F-35? It looks great. Are there any options for opening the top to see the VTOL machinery?

Since I found 2 different sources of BSG Decals, My VIPER MKII is now going to be solid black, with Blue pin striping and assigned to the BSG PEGASUS. Still lots to do on it, especially the cockpit and landing gear.

Just got my Colonial Ladder in as well!

post-6180-129589343171_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129589346068_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129589356706_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129589361961_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129589364999_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129589367553_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1295903191_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

Lookin good! I especially like the scheme on that Hunter!

Thanks Jardann... There will be more aircraft with that scheme coming up.

th_3q6.jpg

th_3q7.jpg

How was the Fujimi F-35? It looks great. Are there any options for opening the top to see the VTOL machinery?

Actually you can have it in VTOL mode, with the lift fans open and the engine extended downwards, but is one glaring omission as I think someone here alerted me to. They didn't mold open the auxillary inlet doors on the spine. They are right behind the main lift fan:

F-35B%20close.jpg

(Image Courtesy of flightglobal.com)

Anyway, I didn't feel like gouging out the doors so I just left it in flight mode. ITs a great little model with some issues which make you scratch your head. Probably one of the most detailed bomb bays I've ever seen.... filled with detailess bombs and right beside wheel bays devoid of ANY detail whatsoever. Its got great detail all over though. IF they release a A or C version I'll buy one immediately.

Edited by Noyhauser

...ITs a great little model with some issues which make you scratch your head. Probably one of the most detailed bomb bays I've ever seen.... filled with detailess bombs and right beside wheel bays devoid of ANY detail whatsoever. Its got great detail all over though. IF they release a A or C version I'll buy one immediately.

Those little issues are a bummer, but it still sounds like I will be keeping an eye out for one of these at the LHS. Thanks for the info and good luck with the Canberra!

Those little issues are a bummer, but it still sounds like I will be keeping an eye out for one of these at the LHS. Thanks for the info and good luck with the Canberra!

I think its very worth it overall... the issues are fairly minor to be honest. If you can get it under 35, then go for it.

Ugh! $35 for a small 1/72 scale kit! I'll probably have to wait if I see it on a good sale. :(

Hasegawa, Trumpeter, Tamiya and some others' prices seem to be through the roof. :rolleyes: Sometimes I just can't bring myself to pay the prices for the new kits that are coming out. Especially with Revell re-releasing so many decent kits at quite reasonable prices. I know they are older and not state-of-the-art but they are usually just fine for me. Then again, if it's something I really want, I'll go ahead and splurge! :p

That's pretty cool. I love the alba create stuff.... do you have any photos of them?

Nicely done. Did you paint it? What sort of finish did you put on it?

I've got quite a few things finished. First a Fujimi F-35B in Marine Markings.

th_3O1.jpg

th_3O2.jpg

th_3O4.jpg

th_3O6.jpg

A 1/72 ROG Hawker Hunter

th_3q4.jpg

And a 1/72 DB-8

th_3R2.jpg

Thanks! I'm really proud of it! Had wanted this kit for a long time, and it was a sheer joy to build! My methods will seem quite "backwoods" to this forum, im sure, but I use the water decals and seal them with clear nailpolish. I then seal the entire kit with aerosol hairspray. It takes all of my hobby funds just to purchase the kits, so I have to go to "grass roots" for my materials. The painting was minimal, thanks to the multicolor molding of the kit except for the cockpit and pilot. I am posting links to the battroid mode which will be the final display state. ;)

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j379/fhrex/IMG_0200.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j379/fhrex/IMG_0205.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j379/fhrex/IMG_0197.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j379/fhrex/IMG_0195.jpg

Edited by fhrex

Since I found 2 different sources of BSG Decals, My VIPER MKII is now going to be solid black, with Blue pin striping and assigned to the BSG PEGASUS. Still lots to do on it, especially the cockpit and landing gear.

Just got my Colonial Ladder in as well!

Where did you find the decal sheet!? That will come in handy when I make my next few Viper kitbashes!

Thom