Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

The only idea I have to extend teeth on already painted ones is by using viscous CA Glue. You can use a tooth pick to put a small drop of ca glue on top of the teeth.

Unfortunately I didn't really notice how bad they were until I had already painted them. In fact I don't think they are so bad until I look at this blown up picture. (G's head is only about 3cm long.) There are so many other interesting things to see on this model, I actually think I'll never notice them again.

But.

I think I'll try to improve at least the big upper teeth. By default I'd probably try to use a tiny bit of Aves, assuming it will stick. (I'll scrape off the paint... it is not a hard area to repaint, but more difficult to drill...)

As for CA, I do have a bottle of Zap-a-gap ... do you have any other suggestions for a brand that is good?

But.

I think I'll try to improve at least the big upper teeth. By default I'd probably try to use a tiny bit of Aves, assuming it will stick. (I'll scrape off the paint... it is not a hard area to repaint, but more difficult to drill...)

As for CA, I do have a bottle of Zap-a-gap ... do you have any other suggestions for a brand that is good?

Don't know what is available in the US. I live in Germany so most of the wonderstuff you can revert to isn't available or even known here. Same also on local product I use. Some of them don't even get exported outside the EU. But from what I Google upon Zap-O-Gap (Cool name but seems to cost me a kidney here :lol: ) it should do the job. Try it on a piece of sprue. If it feels pointy enough after curing then I guess it will work too. Otherwise if it doesn't really bothers you since the head is shown in macro zoomed on the pictures than just leave things as they are. It all depends on what quiets your mind.

Edit: How could I forget adding pictures full of cuteness to this post?

th_OpaOpa25.jpg th_OpaOpa26.jpg

Finished! Now up to the next ShmUp-O-Zapper. th_M-39.jpg But without the Poseidon booster unit.

Edited by TSP

Adam, thanks so much for the offer (isn't the internet great!) - I've paypalled someone in Hong Kong that might be able to help, we'll see if I get anything in return. :unsure:

Fly4victory, yep, I was thinking of taking the middle carriage out to shorten it a bit, and take the entire grey body thingy out too so we basically have a flat surface to mount John's excellent Launch Rail right to the top of the vehicle, and yes the scoop would make an excellent blast-shield (it already articulates and everything!). I would of done it earlier if it wasn't a $110+ model - so expensive.

Well, here's my F-16CJ - its the new Academy 1/72 scale kit, and the detail is excellent, especially the undercarriage. Its pretty much done except for the canopy (which I ruined and I am hoping to get a replacement). For those who are thinking about this kit;

Pros:

-excellent surface detail, a good amount of rivets (I love rivets - well not the iron steam era rivets, but the fastener details)

-fantastic undercarriage details (best yet for 1/72 scale)

-good ordinance and targeting pods selection

-excellent cartograph decals

Cons:

-over-engineered for no real reason - some really complicated assemblies such as the 6 piece intake

-un-necessary glue on parts like gun bay & misc bumps... (the bumps are a little to pronouced)

-too many ejector pin marks all over the place (even on missles & gear tires?!)

-lack of vent details after the bump on the gun bay

-wings should of been molded to the top of the fuselage / in-correct flap panel lines

However I don't have a point of comparison since I don't have either the Hasegawa nor Revell kits. However I held off building a F-16 in the past since I thought the Hasegawa kit was a bit old and the Revell kit had no rivet details - so seeing this kit convinced me to try it.

This was originally supposed to be an OOB (out-of-box) straight build, to get me practiced back again at building models after a 3yr hiatus, but the kit was already so good that it just begged to have a few more details added to it. So I added the True Details resin seat and the Eduard Photo-Etched kit for Hasegawa (they don't have a Academy version yet) to this model and highly recommend these upgrades. I modified the flaps and dropped them a little bit as well as split the airbrakes (it such an easy mod that the kit really should of allowed one to open the airbrakes). I added sprue bits to the PE cockpit since the Eduard stuff is pre-coloured, but it looked a bit flat, so I added the sprue bits to about half the switches and toggles (although at 1/72, it was an exercise in frustration - the end result is pretty good if I say so myself)

So here it stands for now... (without the canopy - which I hope to get in the next month or so...) Its a tiny plane. Thanks for all the help I've received over the internet with various requests, info and references.

post-244-1222202121_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202191_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202213_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202232_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202242_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202255_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202266_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202296_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202328_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202338_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202355_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202416_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202425_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202441_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202449_thumb.jpg

post-244-1222202520_thumb.jpg

Edited by wm cheng

Don't know what is available in the US. I live in Germany so most of the wonderstuff you can revert to isn't available or even known here. Same also on local product I use. Some of them don't even get exported outside the EU. But from what I Google upon Zap-O-Gap (Cool name but seems to cost me a kidney here :lol: ) it should do the job. Try it on a piece of sprue. If it feels pointy enough after curing then I guess it will work too. Otherwise if it doesn't really bothers you since the head is shown in macro zoomed on the pictures than just leave things as they are. It all depends on what quiets your mind.

Edit: How could I forget adding pictures full of cuteness to this post?

Finished! Now up to the next ShmUp-O-Zapper. th_M-39.jpg But without the Poseidon booster unit.

That little egg figure reminds me of an old Sega game hero OPA-OPA. Is that what this is?

WM, the F-16 looks awesome. There have to be dudes at the wolf pack just wanting to get their hands on this!

TSP, I'm having second thoughts about making eggs this weekend for breakfast! :lol: - MT

that looks cool. from what series is it from and where to get the kit?

also, where to get this munchkin?

thanks

edit: after a bit of research, found the red craft to be from the Border Down shoot-em-up. most likely available only as a GK but still no idea where to get them. or where you planning on scratching it?

Edited by Major Focker

That little egg figure reminds me of an old Sega game hero OPA-OPA. Is that what this is?

That's right. It's Opa Opa from Fantasy Zone.

TSP, I'm having second thoughts about making eggs this weekend for breakfast! :lol: - MT

:lol: You know that instant fried chickens are good.

that looks cool. from what series is it from and where to get the kit?

also, where to get this munchkin?

Thanks. The Opa Opa is self made .The Antares-XX will be a scratch build too. °__°; Well as soon I have the VF-171 finished. It's from the Dreamcast game Border Down. One of my favorite schmup games and also one of the last official games for this system.

...and where's the front end?

<_< You know where. There where you won't expect boosters nozzles...left ->front.

@wm cheng Hope you get a spare canopy soon. But even without canopy it looks great. Very beautiful build.

Edited by TSP

<_< You know where. There where you won't expect boosters nozzles...left ->front.

i actually thought right=front since the area near the right end of the fuselage looked like a cockpit and the spoiler was slanting right to left in the picture.

anyway, good luck on your build. and if you're hosting a buildup thread/blog somewhere, please let me know. i've never scratched anything before and i'd like to see how some like this is scratchbuilt.

So I guess I've been a bit selfish... I've hung around M-World and never actually posted anything I've done. So I thought I would post one of my WIP, a Valk009 recast VF-4. I'm not a fan of canon schemes, so I decided to go with one that might seem a bit familiar to some here. Also I brush paint models, which often give a bit of an uneven, faded effect. So I use alot of panel lining and oil streaks to give stuff a more worn look... thats coming up next.Anyway, here it is... sorry about the poor photo quality.

Edited by Noyhauser

So I guess I've been a bit selfish... I've hung around M-World and never actually posted anything I've done. So I thought I would post one of my WIP, a Valk009 recast VF-4. I'm not a fan of canon schemes, so I decided to go with one that might seem a bit familiar to some here. Also I brush paint models, which often give a bit of an uneven, faded effect. So I use alot of panel lining and oil streaks to give stuff a more worn look... thats coming up next.Anyway, here it is... sorry about the poor photo quality.

Is that an F-18 with reaction missiles in the background?

Here's what I have been up to...

This is Kamjin's Zentraedi warship model by ARII in 1/20000 scale. This is another quick build. The model is small, about 5 inches (12cm) The ship can separate into two vehicles.

post-7534-1222841592_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1222841604_thumb.jpeg

It's too bad that ARII did not made a larger version of their Zentraedi ships.

On to the next project. B))

Is that an F-18 with reaction missiles in the background?

Yeah its a F/A-18E Super Hornet that I've done in a UN Navy Scheme, with one RMS-1 a six AMMs and I'll add two AMRAAMs and two AIM-9X later. I kinda see its as part of the period around Macross Zero between the Anti-UN and the UN. I'm not sure though I might make it completely low-viz with gray tailfins. It too is an WIP and again, sorry about the blurry pics.

post-1167-1222843177_thumb.jpg

Yeah its a F/A-18E Super Hornet that I've done in a UN Navy Scheme, with one RMS-1 a six AMMs and I'll add two AMRAAMs and two AIM-9X later. I kinda see its as part of the period around Macross Zero between the Anti-UN and the UN. I'm not sure though I might make it completely low-viz with gray tailfins. It too is an WIP and again, sorry about the blurry pics.

Nice! Just this morning I was decaling a 1/100 F-14A as a Mac Zero jet - I fitted it with a gunpod as part of the Valkyrie Experiment.

This is Kamjin's Zentraedi warship model by ARII in 1/20000 scale. This is another quick build. The model is small, about 5 inches (12cm) The ship can separate into two vehicles.

Very cool Ron. How long did it take to build? Great matt finish there.

Edit: took out the pics from the reply

Edited by cowie165

Hey Noyhauser, thats a nice VF-4 you have going there. I'm a brush painter as well and used to get alot of streaking when i used tamiya paints. As soon as i switched to gunze and xtraxrylics paints i never had a problem with streaks.

Ron - that looks great despite the poor sculpting. I'll build mine...someday!

Noyhauser - interesting mix of missiles! The US Navy could scale bacl their planes with that kind of armament! B)) - MT

post-7534-1222841592_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1222841604_thumb.jpeg

That ship looks awesome! do you have the rest of them built?

I saw the real thing at the Sci-fi museum here in Seattle a couple of months back.

How did the vaccuum chroming on it hold up since 1990/91? I know the lower parts have some scorching from on set pyro effects. I wonder if it is the one bob burns has in his basement.