Gundam Plamodel Thread III

I guess I'll get it and keep it in Unicorn mode mostly... It'll be my THIRD Unicorn kit... but hey - whatever :) I love the design.

Wish Bandai would make that hangar thingy standard issue though... that's aweseome!

Pete

I guess I'll get it and keep it in Unicorn mode mostly... It'll be my THIRD Unicorn kit... but hey - whatever :) I love the design.

Wish Bandai would make that hangar thingy standard issue though... that's aweseome!

Pete

If I decide to get the 'new' MG Unicorn instead of the upcoming GFF MC version. It is because of the awesome looking 'hangar'. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering grabbing it when it comes out. The pics Bandai has shown indicate that it does NOT have a full skeleton, which is supported by the $100 price tag. I think the kit would have problems like the PG00 and be too heavy for its own good with a full skeleton... a functional/playable model is definitely better.

Well, I just found a treaure...

The Master Grade RX-79(G) kit.

One I get it put together, I'll post a few pics.

One question: Do these kits need model cement, or do they go together without that stuff?

Generally speaking, you don't need cement, all MG kits are 100% snap. But some cement is better than none, if that makes sense :) .

Well, I just found a treaure...

The Master Grade RX-79(G) kit.

One I get it put together, I'll post a few pics.

One question: Do these kits need model cement, or do they go together without that stuff?

MG kits generally do not need cement. However, if any part seems loose or does not click into place, a little bit of Tamiya Extra Thin cement works wonders.

Meanwhile I don't know what to build...Victory Gundam, Hi-Nu Gundam? Guntank?

I really SHOULD build my 1/72 Alto and Lucifers...

But something tells me I won't start building squat until the snow melts.... I feel like I live in a mental ward - seriously...it's all WHITE everywhere you go!

Pete

Well, here it is... my completed RX-79(G)

If I do say so myself, I think it's a pretty good job for someone who hasn't touched a model in 20+ years.

post-11341-1266299262_thumb.jpg

post-11341-1266299303_thumb.jpg

The RX-79[G] is still one of my favorite MGs. That, and the new V2 Zaku II.

For a 1/48 scaled Gundam, articulation seems pretty poor.

Or maybe the pics aren't doing it justice.

It's also not highly detailed compared to an MG or a PG. But then, the price point makes it clear it's like the old Jumbo Grade toys, something more for a "look what I have!" display piece than anything else.

For me winter is the best time to gunpla - as the weather hinders outdoor activities for me (not much of a winter sportsman). Plus I feel that the generally dry winter air has a better effect on paint curing as opposed to the humid summer.

I just like winter because that was always when I built my models as a kid. Nothing better than spending some time inside in the warm with a cup of hot chocolate putting together a model when there's cold and snow outside. :D

For me winter is the best time to gunpla - as the weather hinders outdoor activities for me (not much of a winter sportsman). Plus I feel that the generally dry winter air has a better effect on paint curing as opposed to the humid summer.

The only problem with building models in the winter is that spray painting becomes a bit difficult when you don't have a dedicated painting booth.

You guys aren't helping - you painters you! :lol:

I don't paint my Gundams anyways - and judging from experience - I need to be "in the mood" - and then I usually do about 3 models in a row. Still haven't gotten into "the mood" to say the least...

Hmm...

Oh well. Whatever...Eventually I'll want to build something. I will probably build Hi-Nu Gundam since I've wanted that for a long time and think it looks awesome anyways.

Pete

Dag. You guys won't believe it...but the snow started majorly melting today. I mean - I'm talkin' Hawaian Bahamas Beach Party....Well...ok...that's an exageration - but it wasn't cold, let alone freezing. I still had to wear a winter coat, but one didn't feel that "brrr!! poo!! fast fast! get inside!!" feeling - not even that "ahh! Brisk lovely frosty winter day!" feeling. It was just like...dag.. everything is melting...

Anyways - as a result...I'm slowly warming to the idea of building something. I think, however, that I should really build the 1/72 Alto. I've got 1/72 Ozma standing around and he could use a friend... will follow that up with Hi-Nu...

And I do need to build Guntank...

And I really like Victory Gundam too...

oh my...

ok...it's just a matter of time now... I always loved building when the sun was shinning and I could open my windows, and the birds were chirping and the air was...um...being...err...there - like...you know...as in...like...no cold but actually nice...

Amazing...I remember yearning for winter - now I want it to be spring... dag... amazing....I feel like such a slurmt! Seriously...

I'm such an unfaithful slurmt! It's like - I want one season...and next thing I know I want a DIFFERENT season! :o

I'm so ashamed.

Pete

My new 1/60 God Gundam kit arrived. I'm gonna paint it Hyper mode colors...I opened the box and forgot how much I love this kit, even if it is an old HG-EX. My ONLY bitch is they should have made the God Finger hands posable like the regular hands.

Well, here it is... my completed RX-79(G)

If I do say so myself, I think it's a pretty good job for someone who hasn't touched a model in 20+ years.

post-11341-1266299262_thumb.jpg

post-11341-1266299303_thumb.jpg

Nice work, but I think it could benefit from a little flash cleanup. The remaining sprue parts detract from the look a bit too much.

My Quebeley is on indefinite hold due to missing paints at the moment. I'm attempting a second metallic paintjob, as I thought it would be befitting to Haman.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Ooooh, MG Wing. Though Wing Gundam suffers from a "color" problem IMHO---there is simply no way to make it look "not toy-istic". I don't know if it's the excessive amount of yellow on the wings or what, but every representation of that Gundam I've ever seen, has looked "cheap". (even though I like it quite a lot--I freely admit Gundam Wing was my first series). It really only looks good color-wise when drawn/animated.

Surprised that they couldn't engineer a less-sucky bird mode though. But of course, that's kind of a good thing---the transformation is so minimalistic and pathetic that there'll be very few parts/seams dedicated to it, and should keep the price down. As opposed to Zeta or something, whose parts count is doubled due to transformation.

Wonder what the odds of a MG Wing Zero are, now that they've done Zero Custom and Wing.

Now if only they would have jumped to a MG Gundam X, then I would be giggling like a school girl.

Agree. Out of all the AU Gundams out there, it has to be a third Wing Gundam!?

On the other hand, the reason for no MG Gundam X could be that they're making HG 1/144 Gundam X.

Ooooh, MG Wing. Though Wing Gundam suffers from a "color" problem IMHO---there is simply no way to make it look "not toy-istic". I don't know if it's the excessive amount of yellow on the wings or what, but every representation of that Gundam I've ever seen, has looked "cheap". (even though I like it quite a lot--I freely admit Gundam Wing was my first series). It really only looks good color-wise when drawn/animated.

Agree again. The colours on Wing Gundam have always made it look cheap to me too.

It's as though they took inspiration from cheap Chinese knock-off toys, when it comes to the colours.

As it is, if I ever buy a MG Wing Gundam then it's either going to be Ver. KA or Zero Custom.

Agree again. The colours on Wing Gundam have always made it look cheap to me too.

It's as though they took inspiration from cheap Chinese knock-off toys, when it comes to the colours.

As it is, if I ever buy a MG Wing Gundam then it's either going to be Ver. KA or Zero Custom.

Yes, I would pick MG Wing Gundam KA version too. Looks much better than a TV style version.

MG NZ-666 please, that would be my wish. ;)

Edited by macrossnake

• 2 weeks later...