Gundam Plamodel Thread III

Hey guys. Need som ID help. What the flub is this:

2vllmo6.jpg

And just to be clear - I'm not asking about the particular Gundam - but rather about the age of the model. Is this an old Bandai model? The box art looks ugly and it looks like something from the early 1990s or something. Is this from the much older HG line?

Anybody ever come across these things - packaged like that?

Pete

is this the 1:144 scale one?

I really hope that Blast is made too. That suit isn't that bad.

Chances of Blast Impulse are fairly low right now. They never even made a 1/100 Blast Impulse and the HG 1/144 never came out.

That is really really good! You painted over Char's Zaku V.2 - or is there a seperate v.2 out in production colors?

In any case big hat tip - the battle damage/worn out effects look great.

I think the Sieg Zeon grafity is a bit over the top though - but whatever - maybe the pilot is a big Zeon fan :)

I like the "dirt" effects too - it looks like a battle worn tank - but it's a robot - which is exactly how it should look.

I wish I could do that :)

Pete

The Zaku 2.0 kit was released in Char's colors, green J ground type, green F space type, modified F Minelayer space type, black tri-star, and the latest (which I REALLY want) the Zaku Cannon.

I figure the graffiti is like a pilot's personal touch, similar to noseart or a pinup or any other cocky slogan. I like adding personal touches to models like this to make them seem more 'real'.

Edited by promethuem5

Hey guys. Need som ID help. What the flub is this:

2vllmo6.jpg

And just to be clear - I'm not asking about the particular Gundam - but rather about the age of the model. Is this an old Bandai model? The box art looks ugly and it looks like something from the early 1990s or something. Is this from the much older HG line?

Anybody ever come across these things - packaged like that?

Pete

Oh this... this was actually one of the first gunpla kits I ever built... Its a 1:100 scale HG kit of gundam epyon from gundam wing... Its a good kit and easy to detail and build. At the time I didn't have much modeling paints or materials but managed to make the kit look good with some panel lining and hand painting all the black areas. This kit is a domestic kit from 1998 I believe.

The Zaku 2.0 kit was released in Char's colors, green J ground type, green F space type, modified F Minelayer space type, black tri-star, and the latest (which I REALLY want) the Zaku Cannon.

I figure the graffiti is like a pilot's personal touch, similar to noseart or a pinup or any other cocky slogan. I like adding personal touches to models like this to make them seem more 'real'.

That is 100% awesomeness but why is the arm shield on the wrong arm?

And it's really sad that they went with the original '70s looking MSV version of the Zaku Cannon for the MG kit, there are MUCH cooler newer variations...

Like this one...

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/secretwea...s-06-gunner.htm

*drool* *drool*

Vostok 7

That is 100% awesomeness but why is the arm shield on the wrong arm?

Keen eye! I always switch the shoulders on my Zakus. I figure the shield is more useful on the side FACING the enemy when engaged in combat rather than the off-side... it's a personal preference thing :p

Keen eye! I always switch the shoulders on my Zakus. I figure the shield is more useful on the side FACING the enemy when engaged in combat rather than the off-side... it's a personal preference thing :p

Ha! Makes sense. On my custom MSIA Zakus I always gave them one of the Zaku I "punch shields" for the left arm, or I even used modded regular Zaku II arm shields for them to hold on that side for extra protection.

Vostok 7

PG Gundam Astray Redframe !

Link : http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-86446-1-1.html

WOW! I must say the PG astray looks beautiful... I might have to pick it up as it is the only other PG to catch my interest besides zeta. Its good it doesn't have too many gimmicks because that makes the model a little too expensive for most ppl.

WOW! I must say the PG astray looks beautiful... I might have to pick it up as it is the only other PG to catch my interest besides zeta. Its good it doesn't have too many gimmicks because that makes the model a little too expensive for most ppl.

Wow I really like this PG. Will Buy

too bad I really would like to have a PG Hi Nugundam as its my Favorite and I also wanted to see the virtue and Unicorn in PG :( :( :( :(

But ill settle with this

Has anyone tried the UC hard graph models? they look great. I'm thinking of getting some, but i'm no good at painting people or weathering my models. The kit thats cuaght my eye is the T61 tank

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN957471

Its quite expensive though :(

I have the 08th team set and Zeon commando set. They're ok, it pisses me off they aren't 1/100 or 1/60 though, as I'd like them in scale with my other stuff. My MG RX-79 looks odd next to it. As for painting...it's not all bad. Just don't pick something that's a bunch of different colors...and basic weathering is usually easy enough to remove if it doesn't come out right. As a trick, one of the first weathering jobs I used to do was when I'd built a non-painted MG, I'd intentionally make really heavy panel lines, then when I'd wipe them off I'd always work it one direction and fade it so it spread across the white plastic, dulling it a bit.

When i'm building gundam kits i usually paint some bits that are not in the right colour, but over all if its a pre-coloured kit i would leave it the way it is, then panel line it. Painting machines i find easy, if a certain part is one colour, but if i was to try and paint patterns like camo or weathering effects, i always end up making a mess. The T61 tank dosen't look that difficult to paint since its mostly one colour scheme. When it comes to painting people, i just can't paint small details like the eyes or shading in clothes. I painted the pilots in my MG Patlabor Ingram and they ended up looking like they're high on drugs :lol:

I am buying the Type 61 when gundamstoreandmore gets it, no doubt. My Jumbo Grade Zaku needs a chew toy, and frankly the T-61 is one of the most fun looking tank kits ever made. I'm also seriously considering the 08th MS Team set, but then I KNOW I'd start fantasizing about building a 1/35 Ground Type*shudder* I also really like the anti MS set, but don't want to have to buy the arm...

I am buying the Type 61 when gundamstoreandmore gets it, no doubt.

I'm glad someone else buys from gundamstoreandmore :). I live 40 minutes from their warehouse and they were kind enough to let me stop by twice last year to pick out a few kits. I find their prices to be nice as well compared to some other online stores. They are a bit slow in getting the newer stuff in though... but once they do get it in: you name the kit, they'll probably have it.

I wish the UK had more Gundam/Anime stores, I always have to get my stuff form Japan or Hong Kong. When I do find some shops selling Gundam etc in the UK, they are usually really expensive. I went to my nearest Forbidden Planet store, found a HCM pro figure they were selling it for £50!!! that's about $75 USD. :o

Ghost Train, I'm jealous... I'd love to visit their storefront... they've been nothing but good to me. They hooked me up with my PG GP-01 a couple years ago, and my Jumbo Grade Zaku a month ago, along with lots of other stuff, all at very good prices... and when one of my 1/100 F-91 kits was missing the polycap sprue, they mailed me a replacement sprue no problem and worked with my mom to make sure it was the right part while I was at school. With the yen so high right now, it seems like such a bummer to not be buying from HLJ, but gundamstoreandmore fills a big gap in what I'd be buying... getting them to carry aftermarket stuff would be a much bigger stretch, but amazing, but I don't think they're specialized enough for that.