Gundam Plamodel Thread III

I'm a Gundam noob, so bear with me..

I'm currently reading Yoshiyuki Tomino's novelization of Mobile Suit Gundam (which is excellent, btw) and in the novel the Gundam that Amuro pilots is completely white. Are there any offical models of this one? :huh: All i can find are pics of the anime one. Thanks! ^_^

Yep; there are, sort of.

If I remember correctly, the plain white model of the Gundam that Amuro pilots in the novelization is the RX 78-3. There are several models of this suit, but instead of having a monochromatic white paint job, it has a monochromatic gray one. It doesn't appear in the anime, but I think the model was produced as a nod to the suit in the books.

Here is the Gundam Fix Figuration version of the suit (1/144 scale)-

gfix.jpg

And the old "Master Grade" version (1/100 scale)-

mg.jpg

The master grade pictured is a pretty old version, there have been updates since then. I think they were all molded in the regular RX-78-2 colors, so you might have to do some painting to get the RX-78-3 look.

Edited by wraith1701

From Guntoa :

Upcoming Bandai hobby merchandise

As listed at Amazon Japan:

MG Infinite Justice

MG Gundam Mk-II (black) EXF

MG Gundam Mk-II (white) EXF

1/100 00 Gundam

HGUC Geara Doga

HG GN-XIII

HG Cherudim Gundam

BB Senshi 00 Gundam

BB Senshi Sangokuden Shuuyu Hyaku Shiki

BB Senshi Sangokuden Shuusou Doven Wolf

SDX Knight Gundam (Retsuden Edition)

I haven't bought a Gundam kit in years, but if they keep miniaturizing lights, they may be able to make an "internal glow" PG Unicorn Gundam some day. THAT I'd buy.

I've been thinking how well light sheet would do with the Unicorn, it's likely doable if anybody still making light sheets.

I know it's not a kit per say, but I won the original transformable HCM 1/144 ZZ Gundam (no. 24) yesterday for $25 on Ebay last night. It has some die-cast too (mostly in the joints I think). Can't wait to get it. Now, I wish I could find the HCM Z Gundam too...

The Justice and I-Justice designs i would've liked it if weren't for the silly and strange backpack system. The thing is huge and its used as a flight platform....why?!

:lol:

Still waiting for MG Exia.

That Eins looks so evil.

I wonder how the manga explains all these MSV variations. In the anime the gundams that were shown are already the best in the world....then where do all these souped up versions appear? The manga is suppsoed to be a prequel right?

Need some advice on a future purchase.... I'm not really a Gundam fan but i love the idea of the PG kits and would like to get one purely on the basis that i like the technical detail and size of them.

i've been looking at a strike rouge but cant find any decent english reviews of it. anyone here got one and built it themselves that would like to share their thoughts?

also considered the strike or Mk. II AEUG (but heard the hip joint is rubbish).

thanks in advance.

Need some advice on a future purchase.... I'm not really a Gundam fan but i love the idea of the PG kits and would like to get one purely on the basis that i like the technical detail and size of them.

i've been looking at a strike rouge but cant find any decent english reviews of it. anyone here got one and built it themselves that would like to share their thoughts?

also considered the strike or Mk. II AEUG (but heard the hip joint is rubbish).

Strike Rouge is identical to Strike. Just look for a review of Strike.

Now for an upcoming models image flood.

Bandai's English page has been updated: http://bandai-hobby.net/english/item.html

0-Riser

10078481afy6.th.jpgthpix.gif

1/144 HG Arios Gundam

60438176kv8wq0.th.jpgthpix.gif Sucks that the HCM-Pro is more up-to-date than the HG 1/144 29651963zw9gx9.th.jpgthpix.gif

1/144 HG Servee Gundam

76630808hi6yv9.th.jpgthpix.gif

1/144 HG Ahead

http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=90334572fm8nm6.jpg

1/144 HG Geara Doga

http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2...aa92254oax1.jpg

MG Sinanju

http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...23629is6kj0.jpg