Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

With regards to the plastic, I'm guessing it just "feels" fragile. Much like my HCM Pro Gundams. They feel fragile but are actually durable. A result of mainly using ABS plastic I think.

That's what I think too. I think this is the unofficial "HCMPro" line for Macross, there are more similiarities aside from scale than dissimilarities.

That's what I think too. I think this is the unofficial "HCMPro" line for Macross, there are more similiarities aside from scale than dissimilarities.

I hope the quality is up to par with the HCMPro line. I love those little things.

Vostok 7

Fighter mode:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-88377-1-1.html

He say that although there are a lot of pieces, the main difficulty is finding the right spot to apply force to fit the pieces together. The whole thing is hard plastic except the two extra head guns, so he was very careful.

Yep the gullet is missing-- and I retract my comments about the fixes-- other than the ventral fins, the rest of the toy has proportions exactly like the DX, including the backs of the legs, which is disappointing.

Also, going by the lack of weird holes in the toy, I'm going to assume that any eventual Super and Armoured variants will be standalone figures and not add ons.

Personally I am ok with there being no pilot, then i can imagine myself being in the pilot seat. Hahaha.

HLJ hasn't provided me a shipping notice either. We'll know how good this product is by the street prices in HongKong for example.

Graham, when you walk around HK, can you take a gander to see how much mark-up it starts to have and how quickly it gets sold out.

I remember the VF-25F model kit disappeared almost instantly as with the 1/60 DX.

As for the entire line itself. I wish they'd stay away from the VF-1. That's what the Toynami line was for. I have most of the Toynami 1/100 VF-1s already and i don't want to repeat. They should concentrate on teh VF-4 and other even more obscure Valkyries. So far it seems the VF-4 is the only truly obsure one (which has never got a toy or model kit). I want to see the VF-5000 and VA-3 even.

I'm still really suprised how forgiving everyone is being on this one. Given the price and parts swapping we should have at least got something that is more show accurate in looks. The legs totally ruin this one. And the crotch is swappable, so why have the legs in the wrong position? This just totally baffles me. I like Bandai and I refuse to believe that they could not have done a better job than this.

HLJ hasn't provided me a shipping notice either. We'll know how good this product is by the street prices in HongKong for example.

Graham, when you walk around HK, can you take a gander to see how much mark-up it starts to have and how quickly it gets sold out.

Haven't seen it anywhere yet!

Graham

If they do release ALL variations (including the VF-4, VF-2, 171, and 27), then I might consider getting one of each for the sake of a complete line of valks.

I'm not going to pick one up after the other in hopes of Bandai releasing the rest, only to have them stop right in the middle of the line.

Edit: VF-25 Questions...

- That fighter-mode gunpod looks severely deformed. O_o Was it packaged like that? Or is it just the angle?

- Can the ankles be pushed into the legs in fighter mode?

- Can those antennae horns be pushed inwards for a more parallel look? like so: "| |" rather than "\ /" ?

- How tall is this figure in battroid mode and how long in fighter mode?

Edited by OmegaD3k

Another photo-gallery page: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/type97/20090228

The 'top-of-the-box-checklist-thing is pretty cool. Nice way to see/hope/dream of what may come:

20090228214109.jpg

I'm thinking this is the substitute for the ROBOT é­‚ (DAMASHII) line. Recall that Macross Frontier was one of the four series hyped along with Gundam, Code Geass and Eureka 7.

Frontier is actually still seen on their line-up page and they had the proto-sculpt displayed at the line's release:

619.jpg

l_ts_robo09.jpg

RD_VF25_final1.jpg

Even though Bandai is no stranger to flooding the market with the same figures through different lines, ahem RX-78, I can't see them releasing the VF100s and then follow with a Damashii release, especially in this day and age. Of course, I'm not saying flooding the market with valks is a bad thing.... ;)

Edited by GRAND CANNON

i wonder if the 1/100 vf-25s will have straight head lasers.

i also wonder if toynami doesn't release their 1/100 gbp armor in different color schemes, tv vf-1a max and kakizaki, and regults, if bandai will take the idea and make them even though they are not the same company. maybe buy them out.

Got mine today. At the beginning I tried to be very careful but after learning how to transform it there was not risk of breaking it at all.

looks cool to me. almost like a blend of a model kit and toy. would have been cool if this was packed in styrofoam. any pics of the front of the box with the inner contents still inside?

That Ozma version has an F type head in fighter mode. Hope Bandai isn't cutting corners and not bothering with the correct head unit for fighter mode.

Chris

That Ozma version has an F type head in fighter mode. Hope Bandai isn't cutting corners and not bothering with the correct head unit for fighter mode.

Chris

Hmm, it is the right head and laser assembly but the way it sits so flat it might be that the fighter head is molded with only 1 Laser per side.

Btw why does everyone want styrofoam as packaging material? Because it's retro and conforms to the own childhood?

Something like that. Back in the old days, a toy from Japan that came in styrofoam meant a high-priced and high-quality toy. Usually made of diecast metal. Such toys were difficult to acquire and often when you got such a toy, you got something truly special.

Hence, you buy a high priced toy today, some of us sort of long for styrofoam packaging because it reinforces the idea that you purchased something special.

Toy completely suspended in plastic is just better.

I don't know if it's better, but it's certainly the norm for today's toys. Perhaps it's better for the environment since the plastic can be recycled? [shrug]

Hmm, it is the right head and laser assembly but the way it sits so flat it might be that the fighter head is molded with only 1 Laser per side.

We'll have to get the toy to be sure whether it is exactly the F head or not, but don't discount Bandai cutting corners-- afterall they already did that with the 25S DX toy chest and back plate.

I'm thinking this is the substitute for the ROBOT é­‚ (DAMASHII) line. Recall that Macross Frontier was one of the four series hyped along with Gundam, Code Geass and Eureka 7.

Even though Bandai is no stranger to flooding the market with the same figures through different lines, ahem RX-78, I can't see them releasing the VF100s and then follow with a Damashii release, especially in this day and age. Of course, I'm not saying flooding the market with valks is a bad thing.... ;)

The Tamshii Robot Spirits VF-25F i toy is supposed to be non-transforming Battroid mode only IIRC.

Grahan

Btw why does everyone want styrofoam as packaging material? Because it's retro and conforms to the own childhood?

Toy completely suspended in plastic is just better.

I'm guessing you are quite young, in your 20's?

I think you have to have grown up in the 70's or 80's or be a collector of vintage Japanese mecha toys to really appreciate styrofoam packed toys. ;)

Graham

I agree 100%, old-school styrofoam just FEELS like "Japanese quality". When I first took my Chogokin DX Aquarion out of the box I got a real old-school vibe, it was so strange.

I do see the need to make the trays plastic, though, it is certainly better for the environment, too. They should go for the nostalgia value from time to time, though, and they should go the whole hog and illustrate the box with painted box art, too. Tenjin has been doing Yamato's box art for the Garlands, Scopedogs, and Beagle's Mospeada, correct? Shame he cannot do the Macross toys too. I guess he has some kind of exclusive contract with Hasegawa?