Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

I can recognize features of the coloring and shading (as well as mistakes I've made) that are unique to my coloring work. That poster is definitely using most of my colored work, though I'd need a clearer version of it to be certain in some cases.

I can recognize features of the coloring and shading (as well as mistakes I've made) that are unique to my coloring work. That poster is definitely using most of my colored work, though I'd need a clearer version of it to be certain in some cases.

wow... that just great :lol:

are these supposed to be perfect transformation or parts swapping?

Parts swapping.

Sidearms alpha: Because that would basically require 2 seperate valks due to the anime magic involved in the VF-19. While it may be a partsformer, major portions, like the fuselage, arms, legs etc still have to be re-used and optimized between the different modes. The thin legs give me hope for the fighter mode though :)

They seem to have made some tweaks to them though. Notice that their YF-19 has some of the dark grey panels under the nose replaced with the sand color

We know the VF-25 utilizes parts swapping but I don't think we've seen or heard any 'statement' from Bandai that they plan to use parts swapping for every single 1/100 toy.

That's certainly true, but I don't see how they could get acceptable Gerwalk modes without the parts swapping. The VF-25's intakes are not particularly small, and if Bandai couldn't do Gerwalk for that without parts swapping, all the other VFs will likely require the same as well. Different valks will certainly require different amounts of parts swapping but I think, ultimately, all will require some swapping at least.

Edit: looking at the picture of the VF-19, I can already see that parts swapping would definitely be required for Gerwalk mode.

Edited by edwin3060

Unless they don't put much focus on gerwalk. Also, Toynami's 1/100 VF-1 does a perfectly acceptable gerwalk with no parts swapping. Regardless, my point is that we just don't know. :)

Well the leg design of the VF-19 kinda looks like the VF-25, with the mid thigh joint to seperate the pieces. I guess it's just how much parts swapping is needed vs whether parts swapping is needed.

Nice, the Boxart preview shows that they may plan to build a YF-24. That would be pretty sweet.

Then again why is there a VF-1 in the MacF bracket? Unless they want to release the deactivated VF-1 on top of Mihoshi Academy separate to the active VF-1s from Dyrl and TV.

Edited by DarkReaper

Figure King scan.

Bandai already has plans for the VF-171, YF-24, VF-27, and VF-1 seen in the Frontier series?

A bit ambitious? Maybe just wishful thinking by Bandai?

If they make it, I will buy. All of them.

Edited by Vifam7

Couple of questions, anyone know when the RVF-25 is supposed to be released? Also will super and armour parts be sold separately or will they only come as a bundle with the 25's? I'd really hate to have to rebuy these freaking things just to get the super/strike parts. If the are separate, hopefully they won't be that web shop only bs.

Chris

Couple of questions, anyone know when the RVF-25 is supposed to be released? Also will super and armour parts be sold separately or will they only come as a bundle with the 25's? I'd really hate to have to rebuy these freaking things just to get the super/strike parts. If the are separate, hopefully they won't be that web shop only bs.

Chris

No idea on exactly when the RVF-25 is coming out but I would assume sometime in the summer since Mikhail's VF-25G is slated for release in May.

As for Super and Armor parts, if I had to guess, I think Alto and Ozma will be a whole new release. While Mikhail and Luca will come standard with the armor parts.

I doubt anything from this line will be webshop only. It appears that this line is more mass-market than the DX line.

the YF-24 appeared for like 2 seconds in a monitor as an schematic in a frontier TV episode

maybe we'll see a YF-24 testing on the frontier movie? :unsure:

I dont see why they are making this as a toy then. It is cool and all but there are some valks with more screen time and or equally little or less screen time but are better designs that would be better to make. But I guess it will make some people happy.

I like the YF-24--- its reminiscent of the VF-0D.

Looks like it's going to be packaged in Battroid mode, which doesn't bode well for the fit in fighter mode.

Vifam: The 1/100 line doesn't have any news about Super or Armour parts for the VF-25 yet--- the whole thing you're talking about is the DX line.

Also, I think the news so far is that they are going to let fans vote for which valk they want to see, and the popular choices will be made. Not all the possible VFs shown in the poster will be made, although I hope that eventually they will all be made.

Edited by edwin3060

I like the YF-24--- its reminiscent of the VF-0D.

Looks like it's going to be packaged in Battroid mode, which doesn't bode well for the fit in fighter mode.

Vifam: The 1/100 line doesn't have any news about Super or Armour parts for the VF-25 yet--- the whole thing you're talking about is the DX line.

I wrote "if I had to guess". ;)

Also, I think the news so far is that they are going to let fans vote for which valk they want to see, and the popular choices will be made. Not all the possible VFs shown in the poster will be made, although I hope that eventually they will all be made.

Me too. You never know. Bandai certainly didn't have issues releasing some very esoteric Gundams for their GFF line. So it gives me some hope for stuff like VF-9 or VF-5000.