Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

I have no doubt in my mind that Bandai's 1/100 VF-1 will completely destroy the Toynami version with regard to which one is better. It's like the master pushing an apprentice aside and saying "watch boy, this is how its done".

Still...VF-19S? HOLY SHIET. Yea the S isn't listed but come on...if VF-19 tooling will be made, it can't just be for Basara, especially if tooling can be shared with minimal retool. Oh man kick ass. So the numbers covered up a while back on their blog may have actually been "VF100s" as opposed to "VF-19S" as I originally thought. Its awesome that no one saw this coming too.

Now I hope each part has storage somewhere in each mode, I can reluctantly deal with a partsformer so long as each swap part has a place to go on the toy, I hate losing parts!

The -19 family is more complex than you'd think. Making a VF-19F/S from Basara's would take a lot of work. You can't just repaint his blue and change the head, cough cough.

True, but this is Bandai...I wouldn't be surprised if they make the Blazer valkyries. God those things looked awesome. Hey wait...this is actually a great opportunity for me, I liked the sculpt of the old variable Macross 7 models from bandai and just realized those were 1/100 too!

That kicks ass...if these VF19's look as good as those models..I'll be able to play away with no worries!(My fire valkyrie broke rather quick....nice model...definitely not to be played with, as I found out in 7th grade)

No "big wing" -19 lacks the canards. Also, despite having the same wings, the YF-19/VF-19A, and VF-19P/Basara's, have different tailfins----the P and Basara's have VF-19F/S style tailfins, as well as the F/S style of wingroot/LEX.

Awesome news!!

Yamato, make me a VF-0D soon cause Bandai is pushing hard for my money!

And of course, this has to get quoted again:

VF-4?

VF-4!

VF-4!

VF-4!

Edited by Twoducks

No "big wing" -19 lacks the canards. Also, despite having the same wings, the YF-19/VF-19A, and VF-19P/Basara's, have different tailfins----the P and Basara's have VF-19F/S style tailfins, as well as the F/S style of wingroot/LEX.

I guess I'll have to swap wings from the Fire Valkyrie to the Blazer Valkyrie to get the one I want.

While this is extremely interesting news and potentially very exciting (I known I'm dying for a decent VF-171 and VF-2SS toy), I wouldn't start getting all happy-clappy so soon.

While Bandai has announced various VFs in the VF100s line that we all want to see, whether they actually make it into production at this early stage is by no means certain. In the end Bandai is a business and it's all going to come down to sales. If the first few releases in the line sell badly, it's likely the line will be quietly dropped. So if they are a good product, let's all do our best and vote with our cash, to do our bit to keep the line going.

The other potential bug-bug is execution. This line is only going to sell well it it's designed and made well. A Froppy mess, with bendy PVC parts, sloppy paint application, parts that are constantly falling off and a whole heap of parts that need to be swapped to transform is going to be a turn off to many buyers. IMO, these toys will have to be a step up above MSiA and GFF.

I really hope that Bandai dooes well though, they certainly have the ability if they put their mind to it.

I don't want to see something like the disasterous Eureaka 7 toys from Bandai.

Graham

SWEET lineup! now where`s my danged AV-49 Silver Axe? :p and just to play a bit of devil's advocate here...we know Toynami`s releasing the reissued 1/55`s in the US right?what if for this deal to have happened they turned over their VF-1 molds? valkyrie AND weaponry?I mean, it`d save Bandai/Tamashii a LOT of R&D costs and give them a viable basis to expand the series on while cutting riskfactors for Toynami`s QC on them.and while I KNOW a lot of people don`t like Toynami's VF-1 offerings at all...I think the 1/100's are pretty decent little valks for a small price.

It'd be pretty stupid for Bandai to drop the ball seeing how lucrative Yamato has been with the Macross license. Now that Bandai is in the game, I hope to see more Macross in the hobby magazine. I can see how they can devote so many pages to Gundam, but even scopedog, zoids and revoltechs get more than the 1 or 2 pages that Macross get. As I said before they need to introduce enemy mechs then we can see more and more displays and dioramas... Making different VFs is a step in the right direction though.

SWEET lineup! now where`s my danged AV-49 Silver Axe? :p and just to play a bit of devil's advocate here...we know Toynami`s releasing the reissued 1/55`s in the US right?what if for this deal to have happened they turned over their VF-1 molds? valkyrie AND weaponry?I mean, it`d save Bandai/Tamashii a LOT of R&D costs and give them a viable basis to expand the series on while cutting riskfactors for Toynami`s QC on them.and while I KNOW a lot of people don`t like Toynami's VF-1 offerings at all...I think the 1/100's are pretty decent little valks for a small price.

Count me as one who was disappointed with Toynami's offering. Bandai can do a much MUCH better job IMHO. Bandai's product quality image would take a serious hit if it were to take Toynami's product. I'd like to think Bandai is smarter than that.

The other potential bug-bug is execution.

Graham

Very Clever! I think I understand the basis of your execution fears.

Could it be that Bandai may just make toy versions for their old 1/100 VF-1, VF-19 Kia, and the VF-2SS.

I hope not. The new toys need to be complete redesigns.

Also, despite having the same wings, the YF-19/VF-19A, and VF-19P/Basara's, have different tailfins----the P and Basara's have VF-19F/S style tailfins, as well as the F/S style of wingroot/LEX.

I think the nose section and gullet for the VF-19S/F/Kai models are different than the 19A and YF-19 also.

Count me as one who was disappointed with Toynami's offering. Bandai can do a much MUCH better job IMHO. Bandai's product quality image would take a serious hit if it were to take Toynami's product. I'd like to think Bandai is smarter than that.

Agreed. I'd like to think, maybe Toynami has scrapped their own 1/100 VF-1 line after the next wave of armored releases, and plans to bring over Tamashii's new 1/100 VF-1, and other valkyries instead. That would be a great way to revitalize the 1/100 line. Plus Bandai has to know that the Aoshima Legioss endeavor was a disaster, so I think they would go forth with their own designs, rather than Toynami's.

As I said before they need to introduce enemy mechs then we can see more and more displays and dioramas... Making different VFs is a step in the right direction though.

Qrau and Kamujin's mecha FTW. I think he had a Glaug, I forgot the name. This line is perfect for Destroids too. Man..a mecha diorama stand..like the ones for the gundam SHCMpros...oh man...that would kick ass.

while I KNOW a lot of people don`t like Toynami's VF-1 offerings at all...I think the 1/100's are pretty decent little valks for a small price.

Thats true but Bandai can do better, and chances are, they probably will.

Considering the price, it should be near SuperHCM quality.

That's what I think too. Though I don't think every valk will cost the same, maybe the bigger ones, like the Macross Zero and Frontier ones, as well as Plus/7 valkyries will be the price listed, however I cannot see the VF-1 costing as much, as its smaller, unless the full arsenal of weaponry and a display stand is included.

The other potential bug-bug is execution. This line is only going to sell well it it's designed and made well. A Froppy mess, with bendy PVC parts, sloppy paint application, parts that are constantly falling off and a whole heap of parts that need to be swapped to transform is going to be a turn off to many buyers. IMO, these toys will have to be a step up above MSiA and GFF.

I think bandai is steadily straying away from PVC as a dominant component for parts. This is evidenced by the ratio of ABS to PVC and POM used in their upcoming Robot Damashii line, in fact, I think that line was made from scratch so that Bandai could start anew and distance themselves from predominantly PVC figures. As some of you know, Robot Damashii is taking the place of the MSIA line. I think PVC will only be on parts like the head lasers, and maybe ventral fins. HCM, 1/100 Metal FIX, and SHCMpro seem to be the profitable action figure lines from Bandai, and most of these are composed of ABS as opposed to PVC, so I think most of the VF100s line will be predominantly ABS/POM with minimal PVC.

If parts for transofrmation cannot be stored on the valk, I at least hope a stand is included that is like a mini-SOC/Soul Spec stand; one that can store all necessary parts.

Could it be that Bandai may just make toy versions for their old 1/100 VF-1, VF-19 Kia, and the VF-2SS.

Doubtful. The only ones collectors would stand for would be the VF-19 models, the VF-1 and 2SS are far outdated, even the Toynami 1/100 toys are better than the Bandai 1/100 VF-1 variable kits.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Graham

I think the QC is going to be like the Robot Spirits line, a mix ABS, PVC and POM. I you have EMSIA or the latest FIX figures, you know what I mean.

Bandai are you planning to make VF-5000 ?

Edited by Black Valkyrie

I hope and pray that this line will see a new VF-17. For as much as I love my Macross 7 VF-17D, there's no denying its super chunky flaws. I will be anxiously awaiting more news on this topic.

Thats for the VF-25 though, which is around the same size as the VF-0 and SV-51, as well as Macross Plus valks. The VF-1 is much, much smaller, so who knows, maybe it will be cheaper? I can't imagine it costing the same unless it had the armor, and a stand included.

Well if you look at Toynami's current 1/100 line... the VF-1 along with Super/Strike armor is close to $40. Granted, if you preorder them as a set then it's closer to $30 per VF-1.

Hmmm... I wonder if Bandi will just be reusing Toynami's molds or introducing a new 1/100 VF-1, since there was a rumor about the two of them in cahoots for US distro.

I for one welcome the 1/100 line...just think of how many cheap customs you can make. (Which reminds me, I need to update the Customs thread with updated pics of the three I made.)

Edited by jodokast

If the 1/100 VF-2SS toy looks good and comes with the SAP, I'm buying a whole squadron. I don't care how much parts swapping is involved. I've been waiting for a decent VF-2SS w/SAP toy since 1992.

I want a stand for the Attack bits too! Like the HCMpro stand for the RX-93 Hi-V gundam. Bandai makes nice stands for drone displays.

If a 2SS is made(wonder how the hell they got this to happen), I imagine the sculpt will blow the old model one out of the water, and the articulation will be superior to revoltech(2SS in battroid is definitely one of the most dynamic/striking battroid designs), and I imagine less parts swapping than the model too.