Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

One color scheme I would be interested in is the plain white and black scheme on the VF-25 used as the VF-0 stand-in for the Macross Zero movie. I liked that much better than the baby-poop cannon-fodder brown... Not that I expect Bandai to even release a CF color scheme VF-25, much less a white-and-black scheme valk used in one episode. :p

One color scheme I would be interested in is the plain white and black scheme on the VF-25 used as the VF-0 stand-in for the Macross Zero movie. I liked that much better than the baby-poop cannon-fodder brown... Not that I expect Bandai to even release a CF color scheme VF-25, much less a white-and-black scheme valk used in one episode. :p

don't do that, I thought there was actualy some news... <_<:p

and what's this about a white-n-black VF-25? *rewatchs episode* huh...

ok, in the eyecatch they're using alto's valk. so whats with the colorless 25F, and why doesn't it have any arms?

don't do that, I thought there was actualy some news... <_<:p

and what's this about a white-n-black VF-25? *rewatchs episode* huh...

ok, in the eyecatch they're using alto's valk. so whats with the colorless 25F, and why doesn't it have any arms?

Ah sorry about that. :p:lol:

It does have arms, it's just in armless gerwalk mode, where the arms stay in place, like Isamu does with the YF-19 in the last episode of Macross Plus. I think it was done in SDF Macross as well, but I can't remember.

Ah sorry about that. :p:lol:

It does have arms, it's just in armless gerwalk mode, where the arms stay in place, like Isamu does with the YF-19 in the last episode of Macross Plus. I think it was done in SDF Macross as well, but I can't remember.

if that were the case, we should be able to see the shield sticking out out the back of the valk, but instead there's nothing.

post-4286-1221451594_thumb.jpg

if that were the case, we should be able to see the shield sticking out out the back of the valk, but instead there's nothing.

Perhaps it was just taken off. Doesn't appear to have a gunpod, either. Probably some kind of strict weapon policy in effect - the PPB knife is stored in the shield, so the shield had to go.

And for fun, it seems to be a 25F (note the head lasers, which may fly against what I just typed).

I don'get the whole premise of using top of the line vf-25s in that movie only to digitally alter them into VF-0s. You would have to change so much on those that it would be easier to just CG the whole thing.

Have you ever had to try and act to nothing? Neither have I but its probably hard. Having the 25's there gives the actors something to interact with. Also it gives the digital animators good reference footage for things like shadow and reflection when they fix everything. In 50 years doing the CG is probably cheap, but it still helps to have something physical there.

And the SMS was probably already there acting as technical advisers, so they might as well use the valks while they’re at it.

now what I wanna know is where did they get a F'ing SH-60 Seahawk 50 years from now half way across the known galaxy?

Edited by anime52k8

Guys, stay on topic please. This thread is purely to discuss the upcoming Bandai 1/60 scale DX VF-25 toys, NOT to talk about the use of CG in the Macross Zero movie.

Graham

ok... back to the toy then....

WHEN WILL WE SEE NEW PICS!!! seriously, it's been like a month since anything we haven't seen already has shown up.

by the way, anyone want to speculate on the likelyhood of non-cannon/ obscure repaints. I have no idea if bandai ever actualy does this kind of thing, but I I would buy the black striped 25 if they made one, I'd also like the purple striped one and one with a Red version of Michel's paint scheme.

The October issue of Hobby Japan is already out . Was there any new information?

The October issues's been out more than three weeks already! The November issue will be out in about 6 more days.

I'll have to dig up my copy of the October issue to check what was in it. IIRC, I don't think there was too much news and either me or somebody else probably posted scans already about three weeks ago anyway.

Graham

Using spoiler tags for people that aren't watching the final episodes of Frontier currently airing (this is about the 1/60 toy just so everyone knows):

So in the next time scenes at the end of ep.24 does anyone think that was the Bandai 1/60 VF-25 sitting next to the picture book or the model? It had a nice looking glossy finish. It could have just been a fighter mode only thing made for that sequence though but it looked really nice.

Using spoiler tags for people that aren't watching the final episodes of Frontier currently airing (this is about the 1/60 toy just so everyone knows):

So in the next time scenes at the end of ep.24 does anyone think that was the Bandai 1/60 VF-25 sitting next to the picture book or the model? It had a nice looking glossy finish. It could have just been a fighter mode only thing made for that sequence though but it looked really nice.

It was the model. It was too small, and not chunky enough to be the 1/60 toy.

I'm kind of hoping we'll get a cannon fodder VF-25 or that Michel's will also come with a standard gunpod.

Looks like the hips, ankles and maybe upper arm are die-cast metal.

Not too happy if the hips are die-cast. Lots of potential for paint chipping there.

Yeah, overall apperance is not that great.

Front landing gear looks really short.

I'm still disappointed that it looks like the sensor windows on the nose are going to be painted on not going to be separate pieces of translucent plastic. If Yamato can do this on their toys and even Bandai can do it with the 1/72 kit, why not make the extra effort to do it with this toy.

Overall not too impressed yet, but I know being a VF-25 fan, I'll still end up buying both Alto and Ozma versions.

Note the official December release date. Out in time for Christmas I hope.

Graham

Is that what the actual production version will look like, or that still of the prototype? Fighter modes looks ok, i would just leave the landing gear up. Either way, still looks better than Bandai's Macross 7 collection.

Is that what the actual production version will look like, or that still of the prototype?

Looks like a test shot, which means the tooling is done and only minor tweaks are likely to be made from here on.

This should now be a case of WYSIWYG.

Graham

It reminds me of the 1/72 Yamato Mac Plus valks <_<

Yamato has spoiled us with the level of detail, Bandai should do better!!!

Agreed, it does look like about where Yamato was 9 years ago in terms of design aesthetic.

Oh well, at least it will probably be durable if nothing else.

What we really need is Yamato and Bandai to team up. Yamato to actually design the toys and Bandai to produce them and be responsible for the QC.

That way, we'd get a beautiful and durable toy.

Graham

Hmmm the metal around the upper hip seems like an odd place to put the metal. Certainly maybe the lower legs having the metal would have been better to allow for more balance on the Valkyrie. Glad to see the clear canopy too. Why the short landing gear bandai? Someone give that valk less to eat in this case it needs the anorexic look! :p