Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

I'm definitely wanting to pick this one up (wow first post in this section) anyways I did some digging but didn't notice. Where do you fellas usually pick up yours from online? storewise I mean. I did some searching and found quite a few places. But with prices for the Alto scheme going from 109 all the way to 230 o_O which was just wild. So just wondering a good online retailer you would recommend

Excellent thank you both for the suggestions, I did run across the big bad toys one as well so glad to see theres lots of options. Now if November or whenver they are released would just hurry up >_<

I'm betting on a 2009 release for this thing now. Weather it's an accurate point of reference or not I'm basing my assumption on Bandai's SOC line where they typically show a production model or near-produiction sample several months before it hits the street. We've been looking at finished photos of Daimos now since April or May, if not longer, and that still isnt' due out until the end of this month. Bandai hasn't shown anything for the VF25 that looks even remotely close to finished yet, so I can't imagine how they'd be able to finish the sculpting and tooling, send it to the factory and get thousands of them produced and packaged by December.

Of course they could just be keeping this under wraps and it could be in the factory right now for all we know. That doesn't seem like Bandai's style, but maybe they're doing things differently with the Macross franchise.

Isn't speculation fun? :p

haha very true I was sorta thinking it might not be out anytime soon. and D'oh already sold out at overdrive :\ guess I'll pony up the extra 30 bucks or so to get it from BBTS I need to go ahead and pre-order

Of course they could just be keeping this under wraps and it could be in the factory right now for all we know. That doesn't seem like Bandai's style, but maybe they're doing things differently with the Macross franchise.

Isn't speculation fun?

No one saw the VF100s line coming, so Bandai may be much further along than we think. At one point, we only thought the 1/100 line was only for the 25, then we barely hear anything, then tiny pics in magazines, then Bandai comes out of nowhere with an ad hinting at future releases all over the f^&*cking place.

I order a lot from Lost and Found and I'm sure the shameless plug is appreciated Misterryno, but Carlos has not listed the 1/60 Bandai's for pre-order

Which is why I had to pre-order it with Big Bad. Otherwise, LAF would have been my first choice.

Shameless plugs are the ONLY way to go :D .

:ph34r:

to those that complain about the legs. go look at a yamato 1/60 yf-19 that thing is all leg in 4 out of 3 modes.

Yeah, and it's primarily for that reason I don't care for the 19 toy either. I think it's to a lesser degree than the 25, but both are residents of Leg City.

Ironically the reason I can't warm up to the 21 is because it lives too far away from Leg City.

Edited by eriku

Yeah, and it's primarily for that reason I don't care for the 19 toy either. I think it's to a lesser degree than the 25, but both are residents of Leg City.

Ironically the reason I can't warm up to the 21 is because it lives too far away from Leg City.

If you want to talk residents, The 51 is lord mayor of Leg City.

Unsurprisingly, my favorite valks include the SV-51, YF-19, and the VF-25.

What can I say? I likes me some legs.

Nothing wrong with that, legs are sexy. I think the VF-25 looks just great, I just don't want to nitpick as long as I get a VF-25 toy that is nice looking and despite little gripes of some people that is pretty good looking, probably get better by release anyway.

Heh, yeah the 51 has them all beat. I'm really not intending to complain because I still like the 19, the 25 and the SV51. They're just not as eye-catching to me as others. Sort of like how I like all apples but I find some are tastier than others. :)

Great :) i pre-ordered Alto's VF-25F. I hope it's as good as yamato's 1/60 valkyries.

I'm getting Ozama's....Alto is acting like a real p*ssy, besides, that skull insignia is Uber Pwnage....RAH-JAH DAT!!!!!. Also Bandai makes pretty sturdy toys so at least we sure can vouch for that(crosses fingers).

Also Bandai makes pretty sturdy toys so at least we sure can vouch for that(crosses fingers).

While Bandai generally makes quite durable toys, they are not without their share of breakages also.

Two breakage-prone Bandai toys that spring to mind are the hips on the first Soul of SPEC EVA and the extremely fragile shoulders on the New Material Model Turn A toy.

Cross fingers the 1/60 DX VF-25 will be sturdy enough.

Graham

While Bandai generally makes quite durable toys, they are not without their share of breakages also.

Two breakage-prone Bandai toys that spring to mind are the hips on the first Soul of SPEC EVA and the extremely fragile shoulders on the New Material Model Turn A toy.

Thats true but for the most part, they make very high quality toys with high durability. Thats why I am optimistic. They have made duds but the majority of their toys aren't.

Hiya guys. I'm new to the site (but long time lurker). I'm interested in pre-ordering the 1/60, but I'm confused about something.

Why do people call the 1/60 "chogokin DX"? Is that some sort of specific line of Bandai Products? I'm not too familiar with the Bandai products. I just ask because I wanted to get a feel for the materials of the 1/60, but it sounds like a combination of die-cast + some plastics? :D

Why do people call the 1/60 "chogokin DX"? Is that some sort of specific line of Bandai Products? I'm not too familiar with the Bandai products. I just ask because I wanted to get a feel for the materials of the 1/60, but it sounds like a combination of die-cast + some plastics? :D

That's pretty much right. "Chogokin" is a term that has been used for a while to describe die cast/plastic combination toys, first used by Popy (who later became part of Bandai), and goes back for years to the eras of Shogun Warriors and Jumbo Machinders. Bandai uses it a lot as a descriptor of their high end collectors lines; Soul of Chogokin, Super Imaginative Chogokin, and so on. Nowadays, "gokin" has sort of become synonymously associated with die-cast Japanese toys and gets used by several other companies.

I'm getting Ozama's....Alto is acting like a real p*ssy, besides, that skull insignia is Uber Pwnage....RAH-JAH DAT!!!!!. Also Bandai makes pretty sturdy toys so at least we sure can vouch for that(crosses fingers).

Hey, don't diss the princess. :) I will probably get Ozma too, if the quality setisfy me.

Edited by VF-Zero