Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

That is the first gelkwalk mode pic I actually liked. I think this latest pic looks great, never an anime-accurate die hard myself, I think it is looking like a nice toy after all.

20081016_7b07f6963b52685a6c00fvQIHkHfGHW8.jpg

New pic of 1/60 VF-25G with Super parts

705dq3.jpg

***early warning alarm bells*** The addition of the fast pack on the wing in batroid mode looks dangerous. Weight + small plastic pin joint = Imminent failure.

i do think they look ok though and if i pick one up it will be Ozma's full armored edition (i hope)

I'm a little bit worried about that peg I see sticking out of the underside of the wing glove in battroid mode.

I guess it's for locking the wings in place in fighter mode, but it looks a little too thin to me. Hopefully not prone to breakage.

Graham

One more thing I just noticed and really dislike.

See the head in this pic. The red and black lines should flow smoothly into the matching red and black lines on the back plate. Instead the head curves down too much and there is a dip or gulley between the head and the back plate. Not good.

Graham

post-11-1224168170_thumb.jpg

See the head in this pic. The red and black lines should flow smoothly into the matching red and black lines on the back plate. Instead the head curves down too much and there is a dip or gulley between the head and the back plate. Not good.

Graham

Looks like it's just angled wrong (I hope). There's a gap on the end closest to the nose of the fighter too. Granted there will still be a slope in the back towards the shield but it won't be AS bad had the head been angled correctly.

Graham

My first thought was that it was mistransformed but after checking earlier images, even the official stock photos from Bandai have the same problem so I guess this is how it's going to end up on the final product.

Sorry if I missed something here...

Are the -G and RVF- variants above going to be actual 1/60 DX releases? Or are those just customs?

Actual releases and they will come packaged with super parts. March 2009.

Edited by IXTL

The one thing I've learned from the last 10 pages of this thread is that they need to fire whoever is doing the posing / photography. And yea... the "invagination" of the head piece in fighter mode really stands out, in a negative way.

I'm still really upset about the whole fastpacks issue. I hope the packs do become available individually outside of ordering them through Bandai. I would hate to have to purchase another Alto or Ozma custom just to get the packs (if indeed this is part of some scheme to sell a bundled unit in the future for Ozma / Alto). My other hope is that they're interchangeable, and this way I can just buy the Michel version and switch out the packs to my other VF-25's... /sigh :(

Edited by Ghost Train

Slow source:

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2008/10/hm0027.html

Like: Stand. Dislike: Ozma head.

the stand is a nice touch, also it looks like the markings will all be painted/tempo printed on which is nice.

also WTF is up with ozma's head?!? all the valk's head sit a little low (probebly a design consesion to make the thing work, and I can live with that) but Ozma has like no neck at all.

also, Tiny hands are TINY!

Edited by anime52k8

Well I wanted the Luca the most but now seeing these I think the only one I want is the Michael. That is unless the fighter mode on Luca is good. Then I would get one Michael for battroid and one Luca for fighter. Im almost sure I will pass on the Alto and Ozma if the other two are guaranteed.

the stand is a night touch, also it looks like the markings will all be painted/tempo printed on which is nice.

also WTF is up with ozma's head?!? all the valk's head sit a little low (probebly a design consesion to make the thing work, and I can live with that) but Ozma has like no neck at all.

I think all of the heads (except Alto's, obviously) are still resin prototypes (the paint looks bubbly on one of Ozma's head lasers). Could be that there is a neck, but that the heads are still fitting on too loose to be kept in the right position.

The one thing I've learned from the last 10 pages of this thread is that they need to fire whoever is doing the posing / photography. And yea... the "invagination" of the head piece in fighter mode really stands out, in a negative way.

I'm still really upset about the whole fastpacks issue. I hope the packs do become available individually outside of ordering them through Bandai. I would hate to have to purchase another Alto or Ozma custom just to get the packs (if indeed this is part of some scheme to sell a bundled unit in the future for Ozma / Alto). My other hope is that they're interchangeable, and this way I can just buy the Michel version and switch out the packs to my other VF-25's... /sigh :(

that looks like the plan as of now. if you're one of the people that get first release alto/ozma, you dont get fast packs, and will have to order them later. though that still better than coming out with the toy without fast packs, introducing a version with them a few months latter and then never releasing fast pack for the people who bought them early.

here's an interesting thought. since the armor is removable, do you think that it can be assembled together off the valk the way it is in the show (when they leave it in orbit around Gallia 4)

Edited by anime52k8

It still looks ughh..for the DX 1/60 series no matter what angle in battroid, the only thing that is of consolation is the fighter/gerwalk. Sighs battroid mode is one of my favourite..but the looks of the crotch..Alto's Omega pants is kinda of putting me off. Think i would get the 1/72 model kits instead and wait till there is a better product in the near future i hope

That is obviously mistransformed - someone just pressed the head in too hard is all. I mean - has to be.

Pete

Looks like there is no hope for the DX to get the hip placement right. According to this picture the hip bars are fixed into the crotch-piece so there are no adjustments like with the model. That's really the deal-breaker for me. The legs being too high is what makes the crotch look too big and low. :-(

post-3943-1224186425_thumb.jpg

Looking at the new pictures, they seem decent. Still have the high hip mount and the ugly hinge on the shin but I think I can live with it. The head on the Ozma version has to be mis-transformed. Alto's head is right so maybe they just forgot to pull it all the way up.

Here's a better pic of the VF-25G

c20081016_bandai_66_cs1w1_525x700.jpg

Wasn't the whole point of starting this new thread, other than keeping it separate from the model, and 1/100 to keep all new pics in the first post? Not to nitpick but I really was liking being able to go to the first page and see the updates without having to go through page after page and read all of the nitpicks about big crotches and what-not. Can we please get an update for the first page?

I think these are looking awesome though... particularly this one

-edited to add some admiration-

Edited by warrhead

Well, most of the mods are over at the 1/72 thread drooling at the new pics there and we're too busy to update this thread... ;)

Also, when we're getting dozens of new pics a day it's hard to pick and choose and upload. Personally, I am not going to upload every single new pic to the first post.

Wasn't the whole point of starting this new thread, other than keeping it separate from the model, and 1/100 to keep all new pics in the first post? Not to nitpick but I really was liking being able to go to the first page and see the updates without having to go through page after page and read all of the nitpicks about big crotches and what-not. Can we please get an update for the first page?

I think these are looking awesome though... particularly this one

-edited to add some admiration-

This pic just goes to show everyone that yes these things have a neck. Anyone else think that the DX Michel just looks like the sex in battloid mode?