Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

I haven't been able to open that site either. Flash just sucks IMHO----the only thing that ever crashes my browser is due to poorly-implemented Flash. And updates never change anything. It's just "blahblahblah version E.ocx" crashes instead of version D...

you know, there are many people out there thinks that windows vista sucks (i included,because it eats alot of resources)but there is a cool feature that captures whats on the screen.....

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m411/dc...Capturevalk.jpg

IMO, Bandai is a company that makes all types of toys, including toys that are made for kids. This is why i think those "chunky monkey" valks from before were created.(or perhaps due to lack of technology). Maybe its hard for a company to lose their traits into making toys that are durable and yet compromising the design. But yet, I dont know anything else from bandai because i dont buy their toys. Anyways, I do hope that Bandai straightens out the design because they're a company that's been in the business for many years and i don't see any problems in making them accurate (the 25 is CAD designed by kawamori so i heard)

Besides....(excluding kids with parents who are willing to buy a toy for $100+), who else is gonna buy the valks? I don't think Yamato intended their "toys" to be bought by kids. We, as adults, demand perfection!!!!!!

About the whole 19/21 thing. Anime magic was the biggest culprit into making an actual 3D rendering. The 1/60 isn't as perfect/true to its line art is becuase yamato had to compromise things here and there in order to make the valk transform the way it does. I think they designed both valks to be "near perfect" in all modes and not just giving a biased look to just one mode. In which is F*ing uber pwnage.

p.s.

To those people who care for only the fighter mode....would'nt it be better if it you just bought the fighter mode model/toy? Just saying.....

Edited by daflip702

you know, there are many people out there thinks that windows vista sucks (i included,because it eats alot of resources)but there is a cool feature that captures whats on the screen.....

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m411/dc...Capturevalk.jpg

p.s.

To those people who care for only the fighter mode....would'nt it be better if it you just bought the fighter mode model/toy? Just saying.....

Fighter is the most important mode for me but it doesn't mean I don't want a transforming Valk, it just means I'm willing to live with sacrifices to Batt. mode as long as fighter mode look the best. As for just buying a model......2 things:

1) there is NO fighter model availble or slated to be released by anyone of the VF-25. The transforming model that bandai is making would require ALOT of work to get a nice smooth looking fighter, and IMO it looks like Poo in fighter mode.

2) Buying a model could also be said to the Batt. mode fans out there. In fact there are more Batt. mode models and figures out there for the various valks than there are for fighter mode.

Don't get me wrong, I want something that looks good in all modes, just fighter is the most important to me. Don't forget, Valks are Fighter jets that turn into robots, not the other way around.

Chris

As for just buying a model......2 things:

1) there is NO fighter model availble or slated to be released by anyone of the VF-25. The transforming model that bandai is making would require ALOT of work to get a nice smooth looking fighter, and IMO it looks like Poo in fighter mode.

2) Buying a model could also be said to the Batt. mode fans out there. In fact there are more Batt. mode models and figures out there for the various valks than there are for fighter mode.

Don't get me wrong, I want something that looks good in all modes, just fighter is the most important to me. Don't forget, Valks are Fighter jets that turn into robots, not the other way around.

Chris

And for me, this is also the reason why I'm getting the DX. Because building a complex transforming model when I don't have the skills to do so isn't an option.

So I'm pretty much left with the DX at this point. The 1/100 Fighter mode looks like poo at this point so unless I see some serious improvements, the DX is the only real choice I have.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Yeah, it takes some serious skill to complete most models and make them look good. I've tried so many times but the result is always something I'd rather throw away than display. Plus the entire process usually isn't enjoyable for me. I barely have the patience or skill to decal and panel line valks.

I'm starting to have second thoughts on the VF-25 toys. I trust Bandai to make a good toy but I'm starting to just see LEGS whenever I look at any incarnation of the thing. Almost like the legs are in a different scale than the body and arms. I will, however, reserve further judgement until we see pics of the production toy and until I get the toy in my hands.

its such a shame that the dx toy doesnt look good as the model kit

Thats like saying the new Yamato 1/60 is an abomination compared to the Hasegawa, without taking account that one is perfect transformation, and one cannot transform whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong, I want something that looks good in all modes, just fighter is the most important to me.

I think it is to Kawamori also

That's why i'm only getting Ozma's for this line. yamato will cane bandai's arse.

I doubt that. Undoubtedly Yamato has made the most accurate perfect transformation valkyrie toys these past years,since they got the license. They've shown that they are willing to start from scratch to make a better valkyrie, and completely outdo previous releases. However as a smaller company(as is oft stated in their defense when someone mentions how their releases cost more than someone like, Bandai's), their quality control in their releases is definitely representative of a smaller company(in other words, you'll definitely get a toy that looks awesome, but cross your fingers that it isn't broke). The YF-21, Nora 51, and new VF-1s have typically been fault free, but how anyone could have overlooked the fragile shoulder hinge on the new VF-1 is beyond me. Their designs are very ambitious for a small company, and their dedication to Macross, and other mecha franchises that are not always the most popular, is impressive.

Kawamori approves their designs and requests changes, this is what he is doing right now with Bandai, there is no reason to believe that he wouldn't request the same changes of Yamato, that he is now requesting of Bandai. I don't even see any comparison whatsoever of the new DX VF-25 to the DX Macross 7 valks from years ago. Those really, are more comparable to Takara's transformers mainline jets, the 25 is much more refined, proportions in fighter mode are much more accurate, you don't see the LERX'es shoved up near the randome at all, making a slender valkyrie look like a Legioss with FSW. The battroid mode is one I actually like, because it does deviate from the onscreen appearance with a more balanced, as opposed to lanky look. Unlike the DX Fire Valykrie, the 25 doesn't look like a red Eva with wings. The articulation is much better, the detail more intricate, the proportions much better.

The reason Yamato might make a better one is because once they are able to, it will be years later. At that point, Bandai's will have already been out, the good things and bad things will be known about the toy, and Yamato can avoid those faults by making sure they don't design things the same way, as the problematic areas. At that point, since Kawamori wouldn't be working on the Frontier anime anymore(unless there is more seasons or OVA or movies), he has more time to consult(well more opportunities I should say), so he isn't bothered while he is planespotting. Yet even then, knowing Yamato's track record and knowing that most of their toys in general, are not as durable as Bandai's in general, and knowing that Kawamori may make the same demands/changes/requests on them as he is on Bandai, will there's really be better?

Who the hell knows, shi^&t, it makes me happy because we have variety, we have 2 1/60 VF-25 toy types to look forward to, and competition generally drives the price down.

IMO, Bandai is a company that makes all types of toys, including toys that are made for kids.

These are definitely made for adults, most toy companies in japan shifted even more towards catering to collectors years ago, as the birth rate in japan is in decline at an all time high.

Just an FYI---feel free to send new pics to the mods for posting, but I personally only plan to put substantially new/interesting pics in the first post. There's no point in showing dozens of nigh-identical pics from different guys taken at the same angle at the same show with the same reflection in the glass...

I mean, is HLJ's pic: http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/c3hobby/DSC_5596.jpg.html Really showing something different than the one already uploaded here: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=57579 (and ours is bigger, anyways)

Just an FYI---feel free to send new pics to the mods for posting, but I personally only plan to put substantially new/interesting pics in the first post. There's no point in showing dozens of nigh-identical pics from different guys taken at the same angle at the same show with the same reflection in the glass...

I mean, is HLJ's pic: http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/c3hobby/DSC_5596.jpg.html Really showing something different than the one already uploaded here: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=57579 (and ours is bigger, anyways)

That's the DX? The canopy isn't clear? please tell me that isn't so :(

Soooooo...............I have not kept up with this thread at all. I am just curious if anyone knows the size (in inches) of the 1/100 transformable toys?

:ph34r:

Argh. It's been mentioned several times before it's an EARLY prototype.

which I don't think is even fully transformable, a lot of the hinges and gaps needed just arn't there.

bandai really needs to show the newer alto sculpt in fighter mode. <_<

Wrong thread buddy.

Boooooo....for once I was not paying attention and posted in the wrong thread.

Does not matter to me though.

Anyone know what size the 1/60 DX VF-25 (in inches) is possibly going to be?

:ph34r:

Argh. It's been mentioned several times before it's an EARLY prototype.

Isn't the release date next month? People are getting anxious if we still keep seeing the "early prototype".

:lol:

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the release date gets pushed back to December or January.

All we have seen so far is resin mock ups, not actual test shots, which makes me think that they haven't made the tooling yet.

Graham

well on the bright side, the fact that we haven't seen any test shots means that the current design isn't final, and they might just fix some of the problems with the hips/shoulders etc. etc.

Like how the legs are attached too high up on the body, and are too thick, and the shield needs to be closer to the arm... (I hope you're reading this Bandai :D )

(I'm being hopelessly optimistic right now, aren’t I?)

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the release date gets pushed back to December or January.

All we have seen so far is resin mock ups, not actual test shots, which makes me think that they haven't made the tooling yet.

Graham

Amazon Japan already changed the release date for both (VF-25F and VF-25S) to December :(

Hey, 3 months more time is good IMHO. That allows for some pretty major changes. (and since the show had to use samples at least a few weeks old, that's 4 months of re-work potential)

Of course, we can only hope that everyone who walked by the Bandai booth told them, "legs too big, battroid too squat overall, shield too far from arm". As opposed to "it's perfect!"