Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

What's interesting about the GA article is that it says that Kawamori came by the booth and checked out the brand new test shot model of the DX 1/60 and was quite pleased at the work.

So, is what Kawamori holding in his hands different from what was on display?

Edited by Vifam7

The Macross is just speculations after a member saw that it was used as a background with the word "next" or something on it. Tis is not confirmed or even rumored before that. My guess is that it's just background art.

What's interesting about the GA article is that it says that Kawamori came by the booth and checked out the brand new test shot model of the DX 1/60 and was quite pleased at the work.

So, is what Kawamori holding in his hands different from what was on display?

So he was quite pleased? That's the most interesting piece of news I've heard today.

The Macross is just speculations after a member saw that it was used as a background with the word "next" or something on it. Tis is not confirmed or even rumored before that. My guess is that it's just background art.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/011411/06.html

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/011411/08.html

It is a rectangular picture pasted on a black signage, not just random background.

did anyone notice the air shock battle beam thing at the bottom of the page....what's that supposed to do? shoots air and make people fly?

it's a 1/12-scale replica of a gundam beam saber. it makes lights and sounds, sort of like those life size light saber replicas.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN954964

For some reason I'm not as excited about the big transforming ships as valks, but it's good for those who want them.

Now if Bandai released news on the destroid that would be more my thing. I know there are not as many fans of it, but it makes for a better display when you have a valk and destroid together.

Wow this thread has so much fighting! Haven't we established that bandai made the choice to aim for the masses not us.

The more 'hardcore' fans sometimes get ignored in preference to the average joe.

If Bandai was smart they would reap the profits from the masses first, then once they got all that money, invest it into making a PG transformable VF-25 model for us guys who want a really accurate but expensive display. (just like the early yamato 1/60 v1 came out and then later we got the larger 1/48 after that. (which really imo they didn't plan for it to go so well that they'd end up trying to do every single variant leading to no planning for the 2-seater)

For the older crowd, most of us forget that we were once kids too and played with our toys and whooshed them around and abused them a little bit. Now that we are old we think we are the only people who would be interested. I say start with the younger audience first, then the hardcore later. Yamato I think can afford to take their time, because they are aiming at the 'hardcore' guys who will wait. But what about the average joe who is eager to get thier hands on something right now? I think the need to rush is more urgent while the show is still fresh in their memory. That's why I think all this compromise. Look how long it took yamato to give us the yf-19. We all waited patiently. But with the bandai toy, I bet there are lots of people more forgiving over those tiny details the rest of us notice and just want to spend some money now. Because of that they went the 'safe route' and sorta chickened out. ("chunky-up" the robot mode to make it safe to play with)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

"i better get paid after these shots..."

Bah, he's probably thinking "damn, now see Yamato, this is what we call no broken arms".

What I am interested in finding out, is if the newest test shot he handled is actually different from the painted samples on display.

Also, I prefer the DX VF-25S headsculpt to the model kit's...I hope the head lasers are on ball joints so they can angle out more.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

to clear things up, nobody really said Bandai was making a Quarter.

pure speculation, but we can see where it started.

i doth quoth myself-eth

*snip* are they really gonna make a DX quarter?!?!

uh... it's not my fault ?

blame >EXO<? blame the Omega Pants? blame the picture? blame Bandai's random background guy? :ph34r::lol:

damn you, random guy!!!

back to topic.

do the other DX toys come with display stands as standard?

that would justify the price tag a bit, not by much. but i'd be happy about it.

:)

EDIT:

1% more comedy

Edited by UN_MARINE

Out of all the battleships I think that the Quarter is the most badass! Those other giant ones are cool but the compact Quarter is a gorgeous design reminiscent (spelling?) of the Meltraendi ships and is quite beautiful IMO.

Are people really seeing the macross quarter in the background of the 'and next..' sign? I've stared and stared, and I just don't see it... just looks like random robot parts. Maybe I'm blind.

The pic is DEFINITELY the Quarter's bridge/head. The question is whether it's a "random background pic" or a hint at what's coming.

You're looking at it from above, it's facing right/down. The "clear orange" part would be below the E or X, probably right behind the stand.

Thanks for the info, David. If they show the quarter in the background, it's definitely intentional. Bandai loves to pull that kind of stuff.

I tend to agree that I'd rather see VF-171 than the quarter, but it's just good news that this line is continuing. I was fearful it would die quickly, given how long it took to come out.

Seriously does SK ever age? He still looks the same from pictures of him 20 years ago.

To paraphrase Mikimoto, "because he's a genius. Growing old is a state of mind for average men. (laughs)"

It probably is MQ, but we'll save that for another thread.

It's just the start of the new age of Genetically modified people. (after people's fears of Gentically modified food dies down)

Just like in that Arnie movie 6th Day.

http://www.yanman.com/HomeTheater/Reviews/...thDayReview.htm

Soon we will all have the chance to choose the colour of our hair, eyes, etc and make us have zentradi style abilities like moving our hair by itself like in macross. :p

SK has a real life version of the cloning chamber. (but with modding features)

GM people is going to be big business. You too can have pink hair like mylene or other assorted aliens from your fave sci fi show.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It's just the start of the new age of Genetically modified people. (after people's fears of Gentically modified food dies down)

Just like in that Arnie movie 6th Day.

http://www.yanman.com/HomeTheater/Reviews/...thDayReview.htm

Soon we will all have the chance to choose the colour of our hair, eyes, etc and make us have zentradi style abilities like moving our hair by itself like in macross. :p

SK has a real life version of the cloning chamber. (but with modding features)

GM people is going to be big business. You too can have pink hair like mylene or other assorted aliens from your fave sci fi show.

That be good, We'll be like The Sims ^^;

But there would be some problems, as you said yourself, we'll be having an identity crisis.

He's tapped into the illuminati & their privileged health benefits. We're just funding his "wacko-jacko" oxygen chamber and we're being conditioned to see a dystopian society with his many fictitious scenarios such as the UN Spacy world government, human-machine integration, AI and robbing us blind with every merchandise he pushes. Oh I said to much! :wacko: "It's a big idea! A new world order!" :ph34r:

+1

Damnit so much stuff to choose from and so little time, money and space. Can't decide between going all out on the models, the 1/100s or the 1/60.

And a mix of them won't be any easier to decide on. Still rooting for the models, however longevity of those is still a large question mark, but they just look so much better.

If the Quarter is announced I'll have no choice but to buy the Macross F 1/60 valks. You hear that Bandai? NO CHOICE.

Why? I don't know how big the Quarter is, but seeing that it's a capital ship(?) that shouldn't stop you from choosing between the models & 1/100's, not just the 1/60 right?

Why? I don't know how big the Quarter is, but seeing that it's a capital ship(?) that shouldn't stop you from choosing between the models & 1/100's, not just the 1/60 right?

B))

Don't build models anymore.

1/100 too small.

Not sold on the Bandai 1/60's yet.

and since the effect is ruined since you had to question my statement: if any Bandai rep is reading these forums they'd know some fencesitters would buy the toy planes if the toy ship comes out.