Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

Sept 26: Lots of new pics here: http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011152/index.html#01

Any post with a picture of the 1/72 kit, 1/100 toy, or any other VF-25 that's not 1/60, will be deleted. Any post in response to a pic of the 1/72 etc telling someone "that's not the 1/60", will also be deleted.

What we know so far:

1/60 scale, perfect transformation, part of Bandai's DX Chogokin line--which means it'll have at least some diecast, almost certainly more than recent Yamato toys. We have seen prototype Super/FAST packs, but nothing about a fully armored set.

post-11-1222073573_thumb.jpg

post-11-1222073582_thumb.jpg

Edited by David Hingtgen

I hope the hands & landing gear will be as detailed as the Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Zero types!! But either way I will definitely get one or two of these, perfect for some custom paint schemes!!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

Thanks David, this is MUCH better!!! Now, I really need to know if the Super parts are comming with the release or not. I have both on pre-order but if I have to buy the valk all over again to just get the darn fast packs(as Bandai has done in the past) I'll cancel my pre-orders.

Chris

Ultraviolent=recent in-joke at MW, due to a typo of "ultraviolet". It refers to the rainbow-effect canopy coating. But ultraviolent just sounds cooler.

Anyways---I sure hope Bandai fixes the upper rear fuselage/wingroots. It's devoid of many panel lines and details, and the whole fuselage-to-leg interaction is WAY off--not merely being too low, but they don't "mesh" at all and the shape's all wrong. We really need pics of that new unpainted one in fighter mode.

The newest sculpt still has big flaw IMHO--how the shield mounts to the arm. I mean, I think even the 1/72 has a "collapsible" section to allow it to be closer to the arm. Either they forgot to transform that part, or the shield just sticks WAY out. All you need is a single simple hinge to make the whole thing move closer.

from my very limited Japanese that I can read

First wave are Alto and Ozma normal version

Second wave are Micheal and Luca, they are Super Pack equiped

They are also planning to sell Alto's Super Pack seperately

064.jpg

Edited by Swoosh

Hey, it's a release schedule, behind the valks!

No specific dates, but here's the scheduled order of release:

1st: Alto Normal Version and Ozma Normal Version

2nd: Mikhail and Luca Super Versions

PLANNED: Stand-alone super part sets for Alto version

So, I guess no FAST packs included off the bat, and so far no GBP confirmed.

Weird, cos don't we ALWAYS see Ozma's valk with the GBP armour on?

edit -- dammit, beaten to the punch :p

Edited by Renato

I have a feeling that the armoured pack will come later WITH an Ozma VF-25. They don't want to announce this because then sales of the standard Ozma would be low because nobody wants to by the valk twice just for the armour. I don't know this but I'm considering canceling my Ozma pre-order just in case. sucks too because I really want it . Must think about it though.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Hmmm.. I like that Alto's super parts are speperate. I like more than Michael's valk with come with super parts. However I really want Ozma valk, I need to know more. I also want to know when 2nd wave Michael and Luca come out.

The uncolored prototype looks tonnes better than the colored one, but i still think the shoulders are too big. Anyone else think so?

The shoulders look just like the CGI model to me. I guess I'm just not good at finding the flaws in everything. :rolleyes:

Still, looks really great. I want to know when the Michel valk will be released because if it isn't long after the Ozma release in November I might wait and get the Michel because I want that. However if it will be a while I might get Ozma... but then I need to know if the armor parts will be separate like the super. Decisions Decisions.

Weird, cos don't we ALWAYS see Ozma's valk with the GBP armour on?

Most of the time. He did blow them off in episode 2 before proceeding to kick the poo out of a vajra. Then we did see it unarmored in a hangar during one episode. Then the one where Basara was singing, he blew the armor off and killed ass when fighting the vajra.

I think his armor is inevitable, and will be sold seperately, because Alto does use that armor too, eventually(episode 16 I think). The GBP is much bigger than the Super parts, and I think due to that, tooling/sculpting/engineering is taking significantly longer.

Honestly, I think the current info is good news regarding armor---if they were going to do Ozma with SUPER parts, they'd probably have announced it with Alto's Super parts. Instead, we have only a bare Ozma. I'd bet (and hope) we'll see Ozma with armor after Alto's super, and then Alto with armor. (of course, I want super AND armor packs for my VF-25, and I'd prefer Ozma---might have to do some swapping around with people)

Or they may be evil, and release Ozma with super parts a month after Alto's, and we never see armor..

Or they may be evil, and release Ozma with super parts a month after Alto's, and we never see armor..

I think Ozma's armor will come both seperately, and in a giftset with his valk during spring. The seperate pack could have stickers for Alto's, as his has red highlights instead of yellow, and vice versa for the super armor that will be released seperately. Since undoubtedly the GPB will be expensive to tool, I would not be surprised if Bandai tries making the most money from it by offering it in bundles and seperately.

Stickers to make different sets---no way. The missile hatches alone preclude that possibility.

Still, since the 1/60 looks "fatter" in every pic, I worry about full armor being possible. VF-25's are very skinny so as to allow such thick armor.

Issit me or the 1/72 VF-25 Alto version model kit looks alot more streamlined, sleeker and better proportional that the 1/60 version VF-25 Alto DX version

Thats because it doesn't take perfect transformation into account.

The white paint on the Alto prototype is glaring, we need ultraviolent purple tint or even some grey. I at least want to see the final prototype in color by next month.