Macross Frontier Episode 20 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY!!?????)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I want everyone to DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!)

While I appreciate perseverance, I think in this case we would be considered delusional. <_<

Its a reference to Gamlin. The same turn of events happened. (sorta)

Confession, slow mo while music stops, supposed death, alright next episode with bandages

. And Gamlin's chances of survival was smaller too. :unsure:

I dunno guys, I believe we're being Rick Rolled....and will only think otherwise until the next ep comes out and proves me dead wrong. I'm an optimist!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooo!!!! :(

Awesome episode, but damn that ending was a gut wrencher.

The moment Klan Klan and Mihail started talking about love this episode, I knew one of them would die. The DEATH FLAG went up, and since Ozma survived all the previous death flags, I knew at least one of those two would die this episode. And if they brought back Mihail after a tentacle through the chest, and being blown into space, it would cheapen the series (unless they have a really GOOD, CONVINCING way to not have him dead, which I can't think of any).

I liked the similarities and differences in this with DYRL. The scene where Hikaru and Misa are talking and get walked in on by Minmay. Then the scene where Hikaru convinces Minmay to sing DYRL. I liked that it was Sheryl that slapped Ranka and her reasons behind it. Professional to new professional.

I worry for Klan Klan surviving the series, especially with the My-Loved-One-has-Died-Meltran-Rage that we'll be seeing next episode (even more terrifying than Menstrual Rage). Nanase is fair game, she's already been injured. Lucca may just bite it if he tells Nanase his feelings. I half expected the Quarter crew to bite it this episode. I expect them to bite it by the end of the series. Brera's going to bite it, pretty sure of that. Canaria is going to bite it.

Great Episode!!! Can't even start explaning how I felt when Mikael died, Did not see that coming at all, Poor Klan.

This is a great Show!!! did you guys notice the Macross F Final 10/16 announcement at the bottom of the screen at some point?? well, no season 2 for sure now, but after this episode you kind of knew that already. Kawamori I bow to you and your genius!!!

That was just an announcement for the final concert. 10/16 is the Yokohama one, but it also said 10/22 or so for the Osaka one. Anyone wanna go..? :unsure:

good point, but HOW???

only thing I could even imagine is somehow Brera's VF27 was flying by, picked him up and they cyborg Michel which is.....unlikely o_O but at this point I'd totally accept it

Edited by Cybergig1

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! What a tear jerker! My wife's sad too.

Ok he's not dead...a valk is outside and someone picks him up and patches him up right away.

Next episode...Michel's in the hospital bed with bandages and pineapple cake and chibi-klan at his side ala Ranka and Ozuma and she's saying baka baka baka baka baka...

Oh well here's hoping.

Poor Cathy. I thought pops was gonna get away. He always was kinda dense. He's always like, "Oh good thinking Leon." Wise up old man!!!! Not a typical politician I guess...HA! I hate Leon and Grace even more now.

Why didn't Ozuma and Cathy call dad while they were escaping?!?!?!

Frontier's storyline is awesome! Don't let us down at the end Shoji-san!!!

Edited by ATMacross

only thing I could even imagine is somehow Brera's VF27 was flying by, picked him up and they cyborg Michel which is.....unlikely o_O but at this point I'd totally accept it

What he said. Look people, happy thoughts....happy thoughts. :D

And Michel getting cyborged would give them a reason to make a blue VF-27....right...right?

There were nice looking eyecatches that feature them ALIVE and their intended collaboration at a later stage. We need our aces to fight alongside each other. THERE IS STILL HOPE!

I guess it's safe to say that the rest of Antares squadron are drone fighters under Brera's control.

If Grace's cohorts can do to the Citizens of Macross Galaxy what she did to Brera no wonder we haven't heard hide nor hair of them.

If the majority of Macross Galaxy does have implants and cybernetics then it's almost like having Sharon Apple control millions of people.

Or the Cylons having backdoors with the Colonial fleet CNP.

Only naturals like Sheryl are immune.

good point, but HOW???

Well, if Mikhail is indeed Zentraedi, he can survive in space right?? If he is only wounded he can manage to still alive, now the issue is how does he get picked up and healed, maybe, like somesone said Brera was there or some other VF-27 and saved him, maybe Ai-Kun Vajra type didn't become evil and picked him up or maybe Ozma was already outside figthing while Mikhail was sucked up into space.

OMG what an episode!

Even though I don't know exactly what was said (need to wait for subs) it was a real tear jerker.

The mikhail and klan scenes and music played together so well, so much feel, amazing work really!

lol @ Ranka being slapped

I love this series so much!

Edited by Whatever_Guy

Even though I'm completely torn up apart about Michel being stabbed and sucked out into space I'd rather he stay dead to allow the story to progress more and go deeper than what it is right now. An awesome story is not without a tragic death. Ladies and gentlemen we have our tragic death. A moment of silence for our fallen sniper.

:(

Edited by SuperHobo

Mikhail is a Zolan. That's what the novel says.

Zolans have 2 hair colors and males have hairy arms. Not to mention they are descended from marsupials.

Even though I'm completely torn up apart about Michel being stabbed and sucked out into space I'd rather he stay dead to allow the story to progress more and go deeper than what it is right now. An awesome story is not without a tragic death. Ladies and gentlemen we have our tragic death. A moment of silence for our fallen sniper.

:(

Either that or Mikhail returns as a cyborg.

Another Keiaku Doori for Grace.

Edited by RedWolf

Well, if Mikhail is indeed Zentraedi, he can survive in space right?? If he is only wounded he can manage to still alive, now the issue is how does he get picked up and healed, maybe, like somesone said Brera was there or some other VF-27 and saved him, maybe Ai-Kun Vajra type didn't become evil and picked him up or maybe Ozma was already outside figthing while Mikhail was sucked up into space.

sure zentradi have better space vacuum resistance, but there's the issue of oxygen supply. Mikhail was only in EX-Gear, not a full pilot suit. If a person was to save him, that person would need to be pretty close in order to reach him. Now another problem that would affect him would be the wounds he suffered. I have no idea of the details, but getting stabbed in the chest doesn't help his chances of survival.

Michel, somehow I don't think he's coming back, unless he got picked up by the Vajra, gets infected and becomes some kinda... vajra zombie? ok, too much Resident evil there...

Still, I think in one of Kawamori's interviews he mentioned that the last few episodes of Frontier (>20?) are going to be unlike any other macross series... I hope he doesn't go Tomino on us, but at this point, I've got a baaaad feeling about this...

WOW!

More viceral than Plus! Nice!

For those who thought this was going to be some lame highschool drama, what do you think now? B))

This is the darkest Kawamori has ever gone with Macross since DYRL and I for one, am loving it!!

:D

I was wondering when his story telling would get this good. The last time I saw something he did that was this good, was the Cowboy Bebop episode he wrote...

Edited by Zinjo

Awesome episode, but damn that ending was a gut wrencher.

The moment Klan Klan and Mihail started talking about love this episode, I knew one of them would die. The DEATH FLAG went up, and since Ozma survived all the previous death flags, I knew at least one of those two would die this episode. And if they brought back Mihail after a tentacle through the chest, and being blown into space, it would cheapen the series (unless they have a really GOOD, CONVINCING way to not have him dead, which I can't think of any).

Nah, they needed a good reason to get Klan into berserker mode...

B)) I pitty the bugs....

I am expecting Grace to get fragged by Brera in the end, though.

i am still hoping that Michel pulls a Gamlin

What happened to gamlin? IDK, but getting gutting then sucked into space seems pretty tough to survive

Makes me wonder if Leon and GraceChan are going to pull a Wilbur Garland Macross 13 on Earth backed up by the Vajra hoards.

Using Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy.

I was getting that vibe to, but i'm hoping the Frontier is on the good guy's side. This whole thing seem's very VF-X2ish

Edited by openget

Gamlin got Kamikazed by Gabil's fighter on the suicide mission on Varuata. We were for sure he was goner. Next episode we see him in the snow and later kicking Neo Supervision ass. Boarding an enemy mecha saving the crew from Gabil.

Edited by RedWolf

still though this ep makes me seriously wonder what the hell LAI was thinking when they designed the ex-gear. it provides absolutely NO protection for the user's abdominals and thighs. granted, it was probably never intended to be more than a control interface and survival system for downed pilots... certainly not a frontline infantry combat suit.

Hrm... I thought there was armor in at least some of these areas. I don't think it would matter either way, though. We saw the Vajra crush one of the EX-Gears flat in the very first episode. I think the Vajra are just incredibly strong and tough. No way to defend against that except to dodge, or kill the other guy first.

Edited by DeeBot

still though this ep makes me seriously wonder what the hell LAI was thinking when they designed the ex-gear. it provides absolutely NO protection for the user's abdominals and thighs. granted, it was probably never intended to be more than a control interface and survival system for downed pilots... certainly not a frontline infantry combat suit.

Ex-gears are, for all intents and purposes, glorified ejection seats.

Still, I think in one of Kawamori's interviews he mentioned that the last few episodes of Frontier (>20?) are going to be unlike any other macross series... I hope he doesn't go Tomino on us, but at this point, I've got a baaaad feeling about this...

On the other hand, if I can be literal, at least it won't end like Zero with a ??????? and a "Wait, huh?"