The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

Pic courtesy of gamu toys:

it was mentioned, but the Destroid is surely a short/stubby mecha. I love the little people included in the package...maybe it compensates for not being transofrmable? what surprised me was the lightness of the package...probably lighter than the clean VF-1S. Of course, it's a non-transformable mecha (therefore less internal mechanism), but since it looks so heavy, I got deceived.

I just wish it was a bit cheaper!

My 4 year really likes it. I'm letting him play with it only under my supervison.

Thing is when my back's turned, he keeps trying to stuff Play-Doh up the gun barrels! LOL.

Graham

Its a custom! He is trying to weather it for you. :lol:

Best Destroid gallery so far. Yamato added an LED light system too?!? :o

Hmm, actually, that's a damn cool idea. At least it's functional -- if I need light in the middle of the night, I can just reach over and tap my Tomahawk... :D

(Imagine the same on a Defender? Or a Phalanx. Man..)

2 Things:

I didn't know it came with a built in light which is soo freak'in awesome I can't wait for mine to finally ship.

Secondly. I am totally jealous/hate the bastard who could afford 3 of them!

I'm thinking that LED was a mod.

Look at the shot of the 3 Tomahawks lined up. One of them has a dark dot in the middle of the searchlight that the other two don't have. I bet that dark dot is either the hole drilled for the LED or the unlit LED.

It would be cool if it came with the light though (anything to help swallow the price tag).

Hi everybody! I'm a long time lurker and this is my first post. . . .

Does anyone know how this destroid compares to the '80's Matchbox and EXO Squad Excaliber/Tomahawk in size? I'm sure the Yamato version is a lot more detailed and it certainly looks more poseable.

They ought to be very similar in scale... but I don't own one (a Matchbox version) to take a side by side pic with the Yamato I have. Do you own one a Matchbox destroid? Tell me how tall it is and I'll track down a tape measure for you and we can compare.

I'm fiddling around with my destroid now. Definitely no LEDs but my initial impression is very positive. $100 positive? Shiz no. $50 positive? Yes. There are nice metal reinforcements within the joints though, that's pretty cool. There are so many points that move it's kind of astounding... some of the joints are very stiff (like the knees I couldn't even tell bent at first) but a lot of the others are a little looser than I'd like (though nothing floppy).

Edited by jenius

燈係自行加的...非原裝就有....

that was at the end of the post with pics, which translate to :

"the lights are fitted on by myself , there isn't any on the original"

if I read correctly, the dude (warmblood) got 4, 1 was damaged while self fit the lights :mellow:

and someone was suggesting the idea of putting up a Daedalus Attack scene 41.gif

I recieved mine today as well, awesome toy so far. You get a full sheet of stickers with this destroid which will allow you to personalize it in many different ways. The instruction manual is very brief, but it does detail the sticker markings. The knees are very tight. I can't wait for the other destroids that will be released. The price tag is a little high for these toys, but the details on the Tomahawk are great.

Edited by Golden Arms

They ought to be very similar in scale... but I don't own one (a Matchbox version) to take a side by side pic with the Yamato I have. Do you own one a Matchbox destroid? Tell me how tall it is and I'll track down a tape measure for you and we can compare.

I'm fiddling around with my destroid now. Definitely no LEDs but my initial impression is very positive. $100 positive? Shiz no. $50 positive? Yes. There are nice metal reinforcements within the joints though, that's pretty cool. There are so many points that move it's kind of astounding... some of the joints are very stiff (like the knees I couldn't even tell bent at first) but a lot of the others are a little looser than I'd like (though nothing floppy).

Matchbox one is 171mm to the top of the weapon pod on the RH shoulder.

LOL...the yellow made me think it was a power loader from Aliens. Hope they make the colour same as the Tomahawk in the final release. The Defender is my favourite Destroid. :D

I always thought it was I kind of brown like the tomo but maybe I am wrong. I would love to see the Rifleman/Defender in black though but maybe that is just the battletech nerd in me. Looks cool though even in yellow. Now I just have to get the Spartan. Did anybody ever find any pics on that one?

post-9075-1223472703_thumb.png

Edited by logos

For the price i wish it came with LEDs. :(

But anyway what's with the missile racks that have no missiles?

Those aren't missile racks. Those are ammo cartridges (or whatever they're called), the Defender has no missiles AFAIK.

Edit: We haven't seen the interior of the cartridges yet, only the ammunition mechanism below, but it seems they can be opened. I bet they're detailed with ammo belts inside.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

But anyway what's with the missile racks that have no missiles?

On the Defender? Those are cavities that the ammo is chain-fed into. Not missile rack bays like the Tomahawk. The covers are cosmetically similar, but different in function. They're covers on the Tomahawk, but ammo-boxes on the Defender.

(As a note, the classic 1/72 model kit has the same 'hidden' detail feature.)