The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

Not going for weathered or OD version. I think the basic version is good enough, so I'm not going to pay more for weathering or colour change.

Going for the defender, but I'm doubtful you can achieve a FrankenTroid. For one, the Defender has a sensor moving mechanism on its left side, which I don't think the Tomahawk has, so it's doubtful whether the Tomahawk body can fit in.

20% more for the weathered version. I don't know about that, I'll have to wait and see just how much it matters to me. Especially since they pulled this right after I'd already bought the regular version.

I think the weathered versions are Japan exclusive mail orders just like the VF-1S Roy and Hikaru before it. Tough luck to us. :(

So far, all signs (in magazine and in the show) points the other way - general release, not even "limited" like the 1:48 low-vis.

Just got my Tomahawk, lovely toy but one of the first things I notice is that you can't really bend the legs forward, which really limits poses. So much about it seems designed for great poseability, but then the fact that you can't bend the legs forward makes a lot of the great leg articulation pointless. I also wish the toe joint was a light tighter, you can get some decent poses out of it, but they all put weight on the toe joint, which sends it toppling over after a while.

Even so, this is a great looking piece. The arm joints seem perfectly fine, and even in a neutral pose the toy is mighty impressive looking. The 1/60 YF-19 of destroids. I'm looking forward to stickering this fellow up. I'm gonna wait and see if anyone makes a custom sticker set. Unless anyone wants to tell me that Yamato stickers have improved over the years? I haven't applied any regular Yamato stickers since my Max VF-1A in the original VF-1 1/60 line.

I love the little ground crew guys that come with this thing. I really hope Yamato plans to include different ground crew with each Destroid. I kind expect it will be the same two guys, but if it's not, that would be a fun little bonus. Could spread them around my 1/60 shelves.

All in all, it's nice enough that if the rest of the destroids are at least as nice I don't think it will be too difficult to convince myself to get them all. I'll probably pass on the weathered versions. I don't know that the weathering will be enough to justify the price hike of an already expensive non-transforming toy.

Just got my Tomahawk, lovely toy but one of the first things I notice is that you can't really bend the legs forward, which really limits poses. So much about it seems designed for great poseability, but then the fact that you can't bend the legs forward makes a lot of the great leg articulation pointless.

It only helps a little, but you did lower the hip joints into the "dynamic" lower slot, right? It gives it a little bit more clearance; not a lot but still better than the upper "static" slot.

I'm looking forward to stickering this fellow up. I'm gonna wait and see if anyone makes a custom sticker set. Unless anyone wants to tell me that Yamato stickers have improved over the years? I haven't applied any regular Yamato stickers since my Max VF-1A in the original VF-1 1/60 line.

The stickers are ultra thin!!! I'd say thinner than the v2 1/60 VF-1.

I looks great all stickered up, will post some pics later.

I highly recommend the Tomahawk for the Destroid fans out there ;)

It only helps a little, but you did lower the hip joints into the "dynamic" lower slot, right? It gives it a little bit more clearance; not a lot but still better than the upper "static" slot.

Teaches me not to dive into the instruction manual. I didn't even know about that. Ja, that helps quite a bit, actually. You only get a bit more clearance, but it definitely lets you get into some more dynamic poses a lot more easily. A very nice touch.

What's the word on the weathered version of the Yamato Destroid? I'm going to Hong Kong next month and I'm wondering if I should pick up this first release. Anyway, thanks in advance for any info on the weathered version.

I just got my Tomahawk also and I love it. Great articulation, excellent quality. Looks awesome in all angles. This figure is solid as heck and a lot of fun to play around with (if you actually wanted to play around with it). Below is a link to my full review with pictures:

http://www.loopydetails.com/index.php?/Cor...-vi-review.html

The weathered version does look much better. My only excuse for not spending the extra $50 (more or less) on it is that none of my other Macross figures are weathered either (well... that and I'm trying to budget myself in lue of of the economy right now). But for anyone with the extra cash, I do think the weathered version is the better choice.

Now to save up for the Defender.

Edited by D_Unit

WOW :rolleyes: we can mix match all the modular schemes as well as franken-build our destroids. So I'm hoping that the Spartan would follow the same modular design cuz it'll get old fast with the same old bipedals. Since Kawamori likes passing the spliff around Yamato HQ, it would be nice, if Yamato can do a 1/60 version line of the Armored Core that would be epic!

Wont happen. Kotobukiya owns the rights to armored core. I have the mirage 1/100 scale and dam its nice very detailed looking mech. It would be nice to have it made as bigger scale collectable toy but like I said Kotobukiya holds the rights

Weathered version goes on sale in an hour, surprised I didn't even get one request for it. Guess it's a good thing since you have to be a paid Yamato member and you can only purchase one.

Weathered version goes on sale in an hour, surprised I didn't even get one request for it. Guess it's a good thing since you have to be a paid Yamato member and you can only purchase one.

I think people didnt really understand on how to get it and if ti was going to be readily available. Give us a review on it if you decide to get it.

The dark green version looks like a better than the brighter colors. The military gray version on the front of the Imai model kits from the 80's looks good too. I do wish Yamato would have made the Tomahawk with a Catepillar yellow, similar to the Defender's.

But I will probably get one and paint it in cannon fodder color or a light brown color with weathering. B))

I don't like any of these repaints. I guess it's because I grew up seeing the normal colored version of these destroids on the cartoon and in toys. I'm only buying the normal colored version of each, that's fo sho! ^_^

i dont knwo what color i preffer, maybe the than, but.... green looks great, but i wish the tan part for the missiles was black. The green would be nice with my military toy.

Can anyone take many pictures of the Tomohak with the 1/48 vf, maybe another one next to a vf-1j with GBP, and maybe one next to MP starscream original. Also, would be nice to have one next to the megahouse toys. Comon guys!!!