The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

HLJ just released my pair for shipping.

Did you order a pair of Tomahawks or is there another Destroid I have not seen?

I'm looking forward to the reviews on these but I can't say I am as excited about them since seeing that hight comparison pic. They are a bit small. $75 seems a bit more reasonable for something that size that doesn't transform into anything.

Did you order a pair of Tomahawks or is there another Destroid I have not seen?

I ordered a pair. I like the 'Hawk design well enough.

I'm actually happy that there's no transformation involved. A lot of the problems Yamato had was with material weakness under stress of transformation, so having something suitably non-transformable should provide less weak points.

hmmm....$100 for a 20cm non-transforming destroid?

kind of reminds me of the 20cm SDF-1 but at least that tranforms.

with the condition of the economy, i know they'll definitely go on sale.

Your probably right. I can't check till i get home in a couple of days, wether or not mine will be bundled with other orders,

but if mine is gonna be sent by itself i may just cancel and wait for that sale.

:edit: just checked, i got my Solid Archive macross box and Frontier patch getting sent with it, looks like i'll be grabbing the Tomo!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm actually happy that there's no transformation involved. A lot of the problems Yamato had was with material weakness under stress of transformation, so having something suitably non-transformable should provide less weak points.

I couldn't agree more. Yamato's 1/60 Q-Rau is also solid, more than likely because it doesn't transform either. Unfortunately, like the 1/60 Tomahawk, it was also horribly overpriced. So I just waited and picked it up on clearance at 50% off. B))

I couldn't agree more. Yamato's 1/60 Q-Rau is also solid, more than likely because it doesn't transform either. Unfortunately, like the 1/60 Tomahawk, it was also horribly overpriced. So I just waited and picked it up on clearance at 50% off. B))

yeah but i'll welcome a new and improved Q-Rau with better leg poseability and if possible leg missile launchers that don't need parts swapped.

This Tomohawk is way more advanced! wayyy more.

Out here in HK. Saw it in the Oriental 188 center in Wanchai for HK$599 this evening on the way to class, but didn't have enough cash on me to buy it and the shop didn't accept plastic. Will go back and pick up one tomorrow.

Graham

We get this we every release. prototype pics turn up online showing the toy with stickers and people start complaining, then when the toy is released it has tampo printed markings.

You guys should know the rountine after all these years!

Uh-huh.

And there are some other Yamato routines that people should recognize by now.

Holy crap that is one poseable destroid! :o That is really badass!

Makes me want a Cheyenne...

Ahh NICE. Yep i'm with you, Yamato needs to do the Cheyenne.

Glad i didn't cancel for the weathered version, even though we don't know what price it would be, the features of poseability alone are

worth paying the price for this little rippa! Makes me want to Mod some Spartan arms so he can punch the crap out or Millia's Q-Rau... :D

Hope Spartan is in the works!

Graham-san please do up a mini review for us! :D

So NO tampos? And i thought there was a third Crew figure to be included? (Rifle man?) Or is that with the next destroid release..

BTW guys, anyone keen to get recasts should shoot their crew/pilots over to SilverDragon so he can punch some out for us!

And lastly (trying to fit all that i want to ask)

Those arm cannons that the Tomohawk weilds, are they Energy Cannons?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just picked one up during my lunch break. I'll try to snap off a few pics tonight after my monster goes to bed (my son, not the Destroid), that is unless Swoosh beats me to posting photos first.

Anyway, looks great in the box. I will probably pick up a second one if there are no problems with this one (touch wood).

Graham

Cool. I think I am going to be glad I decided to keep my pre-order. Now I just have to suffer waiting for it to ship......man this sucks.

Thanks for the pictures, Graham! This destroid has always been one of my favorites.

Ray: PSSST!

;)

Best,

--MyClone

Yeah, I already had that in my files. I wanted a production version shot. :rolleyes: