The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

Ok. So from now on, keep all the 1/60 Destroid discussions, developments, news and pics here.

Here's a couple of pics from the old tread of the expected features of the upcoming Destroid Defender and Tomahawk, put together by Macrossworld member Bio.

(Edit: Just realized I misspelled the topic title and subtitle, and apparently I can't modify it. Mods please correct it if you care).

post-1636-1218587941_thumb.png

post-1636-1218588354_thumb.png

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Unfortunately, from what I've been told, that's a kit from a customizer in that year's Wonder Fest , so it's not a Yamato prototype :(

no, that was a Yamato merchandise booth from a while back. It could have been a wonderfest. See the 1/48 roy at the top? There's definitely a 1/60 Yamato Monster somewhere out there....

Come on Yamato is not crazy enough to make a 1/60 Monster that costs at least US$600.

Why can't they just do destroids in GNU or Revoltech line?

If people are willing to pay a lot for a TH =), I don't see what's stopping them to get that monster.. ^_^

You know that might actually be cool as a subscription based order. Break the thing up into 6 parts over 6 months then the hit wouldn't be as bad on the wallet.

Kind of like Sideshow's Flexpay, except you'd get a piece with each payment. 100 bucks a month. I'd do it.

Of course they'd only offer it to people who lived in Japan :angry:

Edited by chowyunskinny

It's only as big as a Perfect Grade Gundam or a 1/12 scale Scopedog. Granted, it has a bit more depth but still.

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/sdfmacross/destroid-monster.htm

Dimensions: height 22.46 meters; length 41.0 meters; width 24.0 meters.

The Gundam is only 18M tall. 8 Gundams standing in a 4x2 grid may match the Monster size.

Why not? They did a US$600 Minmay doll o.o

Well you can "repaint" all kind of woman out of the doll body.

I always thought the name "Destroid" was a bit cruel.

UN SPACY: Congratulations soldier. You will be piloting one of our Destroids.

Solidier: Uh. "DES....TROID"? Isn't that a bit of a jinx?

UN SPACY: We like to think of it as more of an accurate description. By the way, if you have any DVDs to return this week, i'd do it now.

Edited by Alex

The Destroid Monster is vaporware... it was scheduled to be released 4 years ago and then it never appeared.

Only the Destroid Monster is confirmed in 1/60 scale for 2004 relaese. No other Destroids are confirmed at this time.

haha, how everything turned out the other way around.

I hope Yamato are not giving up on Macross, but to be honest, there doesn't seem to be many new products on the horizon and I'm pretty sure the YF-19FP and non-transforming Destroid Monster are now vapourware :(

Well they came out with a bigger and better YF-19, maybe they're working on a 1/48 Destroid Monster. :lol:

Thank you Lonely Soldier Boy for your appreciation :)

Please add this in the first post.

Done and done :)

does this mean it'll have removable missiles?

If memory serves me, there was a pic of the Tomahawk's prototype showing removable shoulder missiles. I don't know about the little ones on the missile launcher pod tho'.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

(Edit: Just realized I misspelled the topic title and subtitle, and apparently I can't modify it. Mods please correct it if you care).

Fixed. Man, that was one screwed up thread title. Had to guess at the subtitle as well. Let me know if it's not what you intended.

I'd be surpriseed if the pod ones do, but i think the shulder ones will.

I love that we get 1/60 ground crew with them. That's just too damn cool...

is it confirmed to have ground crews bundled with the destroid??

man...i think i have to preorder this...