Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

What I don't understand is that since the heads are detachable, why didn't/doesn't Yamato release the DYRL VF-1 Hikaru & Max with BOTH 1A & 1S heads? Or just sell the heads seperately? (I'd pay $10 to $15 for a 1S head) I already have the Hikky 1A, I'm not going to shell more money out to buy a whole new valk just for a different head. Same with Max. I'll only get one, not both. There are so many other valk's I want to buy before I'm going to double up on 1 deco just for a different head. And these arent cheap either. Even without stike parts, these are over $100 when you factor in shipping. I mean, most of us are going to drop at least $1K on this new line alone (not counting the previous 1/60 line or the 1/48 line).

Lets think...

We have:

DYRL Roy VF-1S

DYRL Hikaru VF-1A

TV Hikaru VF-1J

Confirmed:

TV VF-1D

DYRL Hikaru VF-1S

DYRL Max VF-1A

DYRL Max VF-1S

Not confirmed yet, but we KNOW we'll be getting:

VF-1A Cannon Fodder

TV Max VF-1J

TV Milia VF-1J

Not confirmed yet, but we HOPE we get:

TV Max VF-1A

DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A

TV Kakizaki VF-1A

VT-1

VE-1

Stealth

Low Vis

Low Vis 2

Angel Birds

(I am sure I missed 1 or 2 more)

That's a LOT of Valks... Yamato - SELL THE HIKARU/MAX 1S HEADS SEPERATELY, PLEASE!!!

Bleah. Blue Heat Shield on the Max. Now I have to get a black one for my Hikaru 1S AND the Max 1S.

I guess no one at Yamato actually watched DYRL where Max's 1S was never shown with a blue heat shield ;)

That's retconning for ya. No different than retconning the size of the VF-11B. I'm sure Kawamori had a hand in it. And Hikaru's is a toss up, it was shown with a red heatshield just as much as a black one.

What I don't understand is that since the heads are detachable, why didn't/doesn't Yamato release the DYRL VF-1 Hikaru & Max with BOTH 1A & 1S heads? Or just sell the heads seperately?

So that they can make more money when someone has to buy another valkyrie for another head. All companies do this, not just Yamato.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Wow, this is real kick in the pants to all the 1/48 collectors willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a TV 1/48 Max. It's really nice to see how Yamato likes screw over it's fan base.

What's next? 1/48 (uber expensive and exclusive) TV Kaki and the a V.2 1/60 TV Kaki with a minimal price tag?

Not only are people paying out of the arse for (mind you very awesome) limited releases of 1/48 VF-1's like the TV Max 1A, but

are also forgetting that alot of people are in it for the 1/60 Q-Rau pair up. YES! 1/48's will always be mighty fine, but are slowly dying.

Hows the kits going mate??

lol just noticed Sir Charger69 posted pics of the 1A DYRL? Max. :lol: SOOO glad i don't need to buy this one, just need a 1A head that's all!

Kakizaki DYRL? will be beheaded for that custom/swap.

Yes, i do plan to get both Kakizaki, 1A DYRL? and more importantly TV 1A.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie