guys, was roy focker piloting a vf-1s

when he died? did roy actually flew

one with fp's? what was hikaru flying

during that time? vf-1a?

sorry for the question guys? am

thinking of getting the vf's that

both were flying at that time.

thanks!

He was flying the 1S in the DRYL movie when he died, and in the T.V. series, he was in battle and got his plane shot up pretty good and died a while later after landing from blood loss.

Roy flew with FP's in the movie, but never in the T.V. series. Hikaru flew Roy's 1S in the T.V. series after he died and later flew it with FP's.

In the movie, Hikaru was flying a 1A at the time and in the T.V. series he was flying the white 1J when Roy died.

Hey cut that out Kyp! Some of us guys are still hoping for some 1/48 exclusiveness! But I can see where you might imagine having these in the new scale and sculpt. Hope it's just wishfull thinking.

:D

OO

I'm sorry to say, but with the way Yamato is pumping these bad boys out and with their history for milking molds, you might be in for a rude awakening.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I have the same concern as geepogi's :) I have a DVD of the episodes, but I didn't look at the valks closely the last time I watched them. Please see if I have this right:

SDF TV:

Roy:

VF-1S all the way without FPs

Hikaru:

1D (Civilian, 1st ep)

1J (CF color)

1J without FP (Team leader)

- with GBP for one episode against a Zentraedi recon team

1S without FP (Roy's VF after his death)

1S with FP

Max:

1A

1D (during the wedding Virgin Road ep)

1J with Super (predominantly blue)

Kaki:

1A (brown color sheme, same color pattern as Max's)

Miria:

Q-Rau (I'm still hoping for a retool/redeco of the 1/60 release)

1J with Super (predominantly red)

DYRL:

Roy:

1S with Strike

Hikaru:

1A with Super

VT-1 Super Ostrich

1S with Strike (different fighter and color scheme than Roy's)

Max:

1A

1S without Strike

Q-Rau (blue)

Kaki:

1A

Miria:

Q-Rau (red)

So, If you want to have separate groups, you'll need 3 Roy Focker VF-1's

VF-1S without FP (Roy as Pilot)

VF-1S with TV Super (Hikky as Pilot)

VF-1S with Strike (Roy DYRL as Pilot)

Edited by pochimus prime

I only saw two things on your list that were inaccurate Pochimus

Hikaru never flew a 1A in the TV series IIRC. He did have a Cannon Fodder colored 1J during his bootcamp phase.

And for DYRL, Max flew a 1S, not a 1J when he became Skull Leader after Roy Died.

Edited by chowyunskinny

Now that you've mentioned it.

Does Macrossworld have a Toy of the Year contest?

I have a feeling it'll be between the YF-21, VF-1 v2.0, and VF-25, and Destroid Tomahawk (so far).

Are there any toys by other companies that could be competing for the 'Toy o/t Year' title?

yes godmarz

and those fewture mazinger toys

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again: NECA's TMNT figures are my pic. Ive waited 20 years for these toys, and they are AWESOME!

They are really awesome. I only got one but want to get the rest.

Alright, I got Hikaru's VF-1A and VF-1J preordered....I think I'll hold on to the J's fast packs and buy another A in the near future and get someone to customize it to my personal color preference.

Just out of curiosity, does the old 1/60 Armored Parts work with the 1/60 VF-1 version 2? Has anyone tried it?

It was posted in another thread....but the answer is....you would have to mod your old 1/60 in order for the clips on the FPs to fit into the backpack. Unless you are talking about the GBP then your answer is No....the Armor is slightly to small for the v.2.

:ph34r:

Alright, I got Hikaru's VF-1A and VF-1J preordered....I think I'll hold on to the J's fast packs and buy another A in the near future and get someone to customize it to my personal color preference.

I have never preordered anything but I just did on the VF-1A with FP's. I'm so excited :)

Just pre-ordered the VF-1J w/ FP and Roy's VF-1S without FP from Lost and Found. My poor poor wallet.

pre-ordered my Tomahawk and 1A FP from Toy-wave, as well as grabbing the non-fp version of the 1S! Can't wait!

Guess what?! Yamato has a new milkcow!

It's time like these that I'm glad I don't have a woman. Got a lot more spare cash and more peace and quiet. :p

i have a woman. Im just nuts. She's pretty understanding though, which is cool. Macross stuff i get away with more coz she thinks its 'classy.' And i think i could keep buying Saint Seiya's indefinitely ("Oooooo, they're so shiney!"). Gundam she's ok with. Everything else is 50/50 depending on the toy. Except Transformers. She HATES Transformers.

Edited by Scream Man

i have a woman. Im just nuts. She's pretty understanding though, which is cool. Macross stuff i get away with more coz she thinks its 'classy.' And i think i could keep buying Saint Seiya's indefinitely ("Oooooo, they're so shiney!"). Gundam she's ok with. Everything else is 50/50 depending on the toy. Except Transformers. She HATES Transformers.

:lol::lol::lol: She must be my womans sister. They sound just alike.

Well....I was just about to take a pic and vid of how to make it so where you connect the swingbar in battroid mode is flush but I cannot for all my rechargeable batteries for my digital camera have crapped out on me :angry: . Some are charging right now...but they are old so I think they may not even last that long anymore. I need to get new ones but why should I...they're rechargable....they should never die. Pieces of crap. :angry:

I guess it's pretty easy to explain though now that I think about it. While TFing your guy into Battroid you need to get the swing bar in there only part of the way while simutaniously moving the little cover over it and pushing the hinge part of the swing bar down into the groove on the cover. Once the hinge part is part way into the groove then you can move the swing bar the rest of the way into the nose cone while pressing the cover down. Be careful though not to apply to much pressure. It is quite a process but the results are WONDERFUL!!! Good luck.